Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Been on my current job for 6 months but leaving this week to move to Tampa and start a new life. So right now im unemployed but plan on taking my salesforce admin certification in a few weeks.

Failed 1 of the Google tests by 5 points bc I was too cocky and rushing. But I met a solid connect while ubering that led me to an interview with a position that's much better for me. I've had the interview and they've reached out to my references (one of them told me that the recruiter's words ver batim were 'he owes you'). I'd say I'm 98% in there. Just waiting on that call.

Waiting on the seasonal job offer from Best Buy. Probably would only get one paycheck from it, two at most...but wouldn't mind working there long-term if the job is fun.

Need to register into school ASAP as well.

I wouldn't mind working at Best Buy again.

I still waiting on my background check for Under Armour for this seasonal position. I received an offer 2 weeks ago

Been at my current gig for 2 years now

Not sure of my long-term path here (or if there is one) -- for a 26yo in finance, I'm underpaid

I'm gonna reassess before bonus comes in next March

Tonight's Christmas party / ceremony confirmed it

I won't be promoted any time soon
My contributions are important to a bunch of higher ups, but they haven't backed me up when promotion season comes
I'm fixing up the resume now and waiting it out until my bonus hits

It's a damn shame because I like everything else about the company except the pay / career longevity

Tonight's Christmas party / ceremony confirmed it

I won't be promoted any time soon
My contributions are important to a bunch of higher ups, but they haven't backed me up when promotion season comes
I'm fixing up the resume now and waiting it out until my bonus hits

It's a damn shame because I like everything else about the company except the pay / career longevity

I'm in a similar situation. Exploring options, including moving to the west coast.

Change can be good. Gotta look at it that way I suppose.

What’s wrong with SoCal?

What’s good about it except Disneyland lol? It’s a hot desert out there that’s fairly ugly (depending on perspective). Anyone that likes a nature look can’t rock with the so cal madness tho. No shade - I lived in So Cal for a while.

I have a degree/background in graphic design, but I'm trying to get into the IT field. Entry level or whatever. How can I finesse this :nerd:

Company I work for (software) was bought by an investment firm, and they have been doing whatever they can to reduce costs and make us look more profitable. We were told yesterday that we would not be getting raises/bonuses for 2017. Bonus would have been 10% of my salary. I have been working here for a year now and have enjoyed it for the most part, but I see the direction this place is heading and will most likely need to think of an exit strategy soon

I have a degree/background in graphic design, but I'm trying to get into the IT field. Entry level or whatever. How can I finesse this :nerd:

Go in the Information Technology thread and ask this same question........honestly though since you have a degree already you can easily finagle a tier 1 help desk position and work your way up from there with ease

Last edited:
Company I work for (software) was bought by an investment firm, and they have been doing whatever they can to reduce costs and make us look more profitable. We were told yesterday that we would not be getting raises/bonuses for 2017. Bonus would have been 10% of my salary. I have been working here for a year now and have enjoyed it for the most part, but I see the direction this place is heading and will most likely need to think of an exit strategy soon

Polish that resume and send it out ASAP.

I'm doing the same.

I’m definitely looking for a new gig in 2018. Been at my current job for 9 years and felt like i wasted 5 years there.

Let’s all get new jobs in 2018

Should be getting a call Tuesday. Been out of actual work since November 17th, just been ubering. Got an offer Friday for another position that pays pretty good, but I'm waiting on the other one.

Should be getting a call Tuesday. Been out of actual work since November 17th, just been ubering. Got an offer Friday for another position that pays pretty good, but I'm waiting on the other one.
Ain't you in Austin now? What happened to that Google position?

I didn't get that one. The one that I got the offer for is another position at Google with a temp agency though.

Back
Top Bottom