Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Well going to study for Pharmacy Tech certification. Job market is tough to the point where I'm kind of discouraged to apply anywhere and pretty much messed up at Best Buy.

Honestly not my preferred choice of career or life trajectory but better than sitting around hoping for something to change.

Got laid off last Thursday. Applied for unemployment and been applying everywhere possible. I have a BS in Industrial Engineering...I forgot how hard it is to find an engineering job. Every place has experience requirements that seems like you can only get if you already worked there :smh:

Previous company denied my unemployment :smh: they're a temp agency and they're claiming since I didn't pursue any other jobs through them they weren't going to honor my claim
:stoneface: straight bs bc I reached out to 3 recruiters and they all just said apply online. I'm like, let's say I looked online and I didn't like anything... They want me to apply for something I don't want?

It's whatever. I've still been doing Ubereats. I received an offer but I for really want it, there's two more that I'm waiting on. One I'm certain I'll get it and the other I should be interviewing for next week.

Previous company denied my unemployment :smh: they're a temp agency and they're claiming since I didn't pursue any other jobs through them they weren't going to honor my claim
:stoneface: straight bs bc I reached out to 3 recruiters and they all just said apply online. I'm like, let's say I looked online and I didn't like anything... They want me to apply for something I don't want?

It's whatever. I've still been doing Ubereats. I received an offer but I for really want it, there's two more that I'm waiting on. One I'm certain I'll get it and the other I should be interviewing for next week.

What the name of temp agency ?

I have a BS in Industrial Engineering...I forgot how hard it is to find an engineering job.
|
Want to go to school because everything I(or we've) been told is that a degree will help you better secure work or good pay, but maybe it just doesn't work like that. Not sure how any of this works lol, but only mindset is to keep pushing and praying for the best. Anything else is kind of destructive.

Sure people have gone through worst, but certainly don't enjoy the tough times I'm going through. Only feel like I caused it by poor choices.

Apparently they make us sign some paperwork upon hire stating that we'll pursue another job through them if our contract ends. And if course I don't remember it.

Apparently they make us sign some paperwork upon hire stating that we'll pursue another job through them if our contract ends. And if course I don't remember it.

Yeah that’s how they finesse you. I always read the contract. I knew ups will terminate us but they straight up didn’t even tell me they let us go, I called them.

I was like dam “don’t be mad ups is firining”

It’s cool Amazon wants me back

Got laid off last Thursday. Applied for unemployment and been applying everywhere possible. I have a BS in Industrial Engineering...I forgot how hard it is to find an engineering job. Every place has experience requirements that seems like you can only get if you already worked there :smh:

Curious if you've tried your local city gov't.... while probably lower salary than typically for IE it should get you some experience under your belt

Indeed is dry as far as looking for new opportunities. Where else can I look? Or where has anyone else found success?

Indeed is dry as far as looking for new opportunities. Where else can I look? Or where has anyone else found success?

I'm was gaining a lot of success at amazon back in the east coast. Going back in few weeks more well prepared with my IT certifications and whole a lot of experience from my previous jobs. Hopefully i can negotiate my pay rate, but i'll take something good as long as i can get my foot back in the door for the IT support technician position/ The money will come, just don't wanna waste time anymore.

i feel like Amazon is stable company than previous places i worked such as Best Buy, At&t, smaller IT companies. Tired of jumping around from company to company.

Good luck to everyone endeavors hope you guys do something amazing. Cause life is limited just thank God we allowed to breathe everyday on this 3rd rock.

That’s crazy, I always thought people with engineering degrees could find jobs with their eyes closed. But what you’re saying seems to be the story of much of the Millenial generation. Employers want you to have experience for lower level jobs, often times that experience is very specific to what they do. But how do you get the experience if you can’t get the job? It forces a lot of young people to volunteer or work for free. I had to work 2 months for free to get my first job even though I had already gotten some experience with a 5 month unpaid internship. It paid off in the long run but it’s kind of messed up how bleak the job market can seem sometimes.

That’s crazy, I always thought people with engineering degrees could find jobs with their eyes closed. But what you’re saying seems to be the story of much of the Millenial generation. Employers want you to have experience for lower level jobs, often times that experience is very specific to what they do. But how do you get the experience if you can’t get the job? It forces a lot of young people to volunteer or work for free. I had to work 2 months for free to get my first job even though I had already gotten some experience with a 5 month unpaid internship. It paid off in the long run but it’s kind of messed up how bleak the job market can seem sometimes.

not a millennial norm .... employers have always wanted folks to have experience and diverse experiences. but this is why i impress upon my SAT prep class to not take the low hanging fruit of sales gigs while in college and to get some of that experience they will need to leverage into that first 4 years of employment post graduating.

I guess I go about the process differently. I see which jobs are in demand then get the skills to do those jobs.

Applying to jobs now -- considering a jump to tech
Tired of being underpaid at my finance gig

Back
Top Bottom