Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I need to throw my resume out there for that purpose. I haven't looked since I got this job.

I have a felony and I don’t have a job. Any advice?
U didnt learn no type of skills when u was behind the walls? Dudes be coming home turning into independent car mechanics/ barbers getting it in working for self

1 of the dudes who put me onto game was a dude who was a ex dopeboy who came home & who transitioned into flooring contractor on his own & was bringing in 6 figures dolo in a year

Learn a skill (do some type of intern work or read mad books on ya own ) & be self made i dont even advocate brothers work & get the next man rich nomore thats my advice personally...or if u gonna go to school go to some type of trade school & get the knowledge than do ya own thing (the thing with schooling is being in debt though)

U didnt learn no type of skills when u was behind the walls? Dudes be coming home turning into independent car mechanics/ barbers getting it in working for self

1 of the dudes who put me onto game was a dude who was a ex dopeboy who came home & who transitioned into flooring contractor on his own & was bringing in 6 figures dolo in a year

I'm very interested to hear more about this.

I'm very interested to hear more about this.

He was in & out of jail on petty dope charges ...he got in under another older dude we know who also did prison time ...& that dude showed him the ropes of how to get it ...he eventually branched out & started doing his own thing with the flooring business ( did 2 contracts ..1 for the hospital,another for a high school) walked away with around 100k in a month in a half (not including the other jobs he was racking in for a few years)...he basically got in my ear telling me to mess with the floor stuff since its quick big money in it ...end of the day he blew his money fast & nowadays no longer has the urge to do it but he had a nice run with it .(the older dude who showed him i eventually worked for & learned the ropes & now do me ....the older dude fell back from flooring & opened up a corner store & a laundrymat)

so after the interview, they told me they had another round of interviews. i was going to wait a week, but HR got back to me sooner than i expected and said the hiring manager wanted to meet me again.
what should i expect in the second interview? i've already met with her and the team and discussed my skills and qualification and learning about the job. i thought we discussed a lot the first time around

He was in & out of jail on petty dope charges ...he got in under another older dude we know who also did prison time ...& that dude showed him the ropes of how to get it ...he eventually branched out & started doing his own thing with the flooring business ( did 2 contracts ..1 for the hospital,another for a high school) walked away with around 100k in a month in a half (not including the other jobs he was racking in for a few years)...he basically got in my ear telling me to mess with the floor stuff since its quick big money in it ...end of the day he blew his money fast & nowadays no longer has the urge to do it but he had a nice run with it .(the older dude who showed him i eventually worked for & learned the ropes & now do me ....the older dude fell back from flooring & opened up a corner store & a laundrymat)
How difficult or demanding was it for you to get in the business and learn the ropes?

Not anymore. I had a probation officer. I’m not on probation anymore.

Might be worth giving him/her a call. Part of their job is to get leads on jobs for the people they are supervising. Especially if said person is court ordered to find employment. So the PO might have a running list of places that hire folks with records. A temp agency in your area might be a good place to check out too.

How difficult or demanding was it for you to get in the business and learn the ropes?
Imma fast learner so it wasnt a problem learning it , its just dealing with the public thats more so a problem ( im black so people especially other black people try to lowball u / get over /expect favors etc...or simply dont trust u so how they would conduct business with a black person aint the same as if i was white )

You do all the work yourself, or do you hire people?

You do all the work yourself, or do you hire people?
I have a partner i work with & i have my homeboy Come on every now & then that il give a few dollas too... i hired some honduran dudes to do a job for me they basically aint know sht & i lost money paying them ...but i plan to get a bigger team so i can bring in more paper

Another email being informed I am being passed on.

Still applying to jobs. But man, my momentum has dropped dramatically.

when you're filling out applications and they are asking for work history and contacting current employer, do you check NO?

What type of work are u applying to(on a side note what are u good at?)
Operations/Analyst roles currently. In addition, Immigration Officer roles since I'm currently a govt. contractor.

I feel I'm good in Operations and management. Sorry if that's a vague answer.

I have a partner i work with & i have my homeboy Come on every now & then that il give a few dollas too... i hired some honduran dudes to do a job for me they basically aint know sht & i lost money paying them ...but i plan to get a bigger team so i can bring in more paper

What are the pitfalls in this line of work that you did not see coming?

What are the pitfalls in this line of work that you did not see coming?
Its pretty much a hustle good weeks & then droughts this week i might make $400 next 2 weeks might not be no work then the 3rdweek i might bring in 2-5k...luckily i havent been in a drought since last yr but it happens .... thats why im trying to establish multiple avenues of making money ( real estate , stores other home improvement fields)

Its pretty much a hustle good weeks & then droughts this week i might make $400 next 2 weeks might not be no work then the 3rdweek i might bring in 2-5k...luckily i havent been in a drought since last yr but it happens .... thats why im trying to establish multiple avenues of making money ( real estate , stores other home improvement fields)
I see, but I meant more along the lines of the actual work. Like have there been situations where you accidentally damaged the property and what happens?

I see, but I meant more along the lines of the actual work. Like have there been situations where you accidentally damaged the property and what happens?

I been in a situation recently where a landlord was being cheap & had us install wood floors in a tenant dining room but the wood in the dining room didnt match the wood in the living room (the dining room wood would be higher than wood in living room) so she wanted us to install wood in the dining room & refinish(sand) the living room so we did it but before we did it warned her it would be higher ...long story short we did it & then she put up a front in front of the tenant saying she didnt say that etc & refused to pay us our money until it got fixed we ended up leaving the job (we did other properties of hers & she was cool) i personally havent been in a situation where we damaged a floor but spoke to others who have to where somebody had to pay the people for damages or u just be a*zed out & nobody gets paid

Back
Top Bottom