Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

This the dining room im referring to ...after we installed the wood we refinished & coated it ...if u look at the bottom of the picture u see its higher then the living room which we warned her it would be before we even started the job but her response was she wasnt getting everything done because she wanted to keep money in her pocket (slumlord type sht)

500572C2-3954-4AFB-8D03-4DA41622B174.jpeg

My boy got a carpet cleaning company that he’s turning into an empire...go to the apartment buildings and secure a contract for when they have empty apartments they call you to clean the carpets. They only clean places where it’s vacant but sometimes one worker will get himself a side job and says he just cleans around the furniture and touches nothing and moves nothing...Plus they do business as well. It’s been going really well for him n his family.

This the dining room im referring to ...after we installed the wood we refinished & coated it ...if u look at the bottom of the picture u see its higher then the living room which we warned her it would be before we even started the job but her response was she wasnt getting everything done because she wanted to keep money in her pocket (slumlord type sht)

500572C2-3954-4AFB-8D03-4DA41622B174.jpeg
I heard too many of these stories. Client wants to be cheap and the quality of work or relationship will be jeopardized, in most cases both. It's better to insist on them going all out, if not skip it. Not worth the headache and loss.

I heard too many of these stories. Client wants to be cheap and the quality of work or relationship will be jeopardized, in most cases both. It's better to insist on them going all out, if not skip it. Not worth the headache and loss.
Most definitely ...like i said though she was cool prior to this we did a couple of her houses but for some reason this situation was the straw that broke the camels back couldnt mess with the chick nomore after this antic lost out on a few hundred but in the long run no aggravation from her in the future

Laid off after 6 years helping build this company from the ground up
Offered me 3 months of severance pay but would have to sign a legal binding agreement that I won't work for a competitor and such :ohwell:
Gonna look around and try to figure out my next move

Offered me 3 months of severance pay but would have to sign a legal binding agreement that I won't work for a competitor and such :ohwell:
Sorry to hear that, you could at least let us know what field you’re in so we can give some suggestions.

Sorry to hear that, you could at least let us know what field you’re in so we can give some suggestions.
Basically Logistics for a food manufacturer
Was in charge of everything coming in/out
Ordering goods and keeping a flow of ingredients in stock

Anyone know anything about cloud security? Looking into certifications for something IT/cloud technology related

Or does anyone in IT recommend any other certifications to start out with? Just want to get ideas on where to start

thought i got passed up on a job since they said they were going to make a decision either way at the end of the week after my second interview.
didn't think much of it and assumed they offered it to somebody else, so i went on and continued with the job search and interviews. two weeks has passed and the hiring manager left a voice mail today asking if i was still available and interested. i am assuming i am going to get the job offer.
i don't want to rush and accept or decline on the spot. how much time is acceptable to think about an offer?

did you sign it yet?

the Project Manager for my site got dismissed today...very good technically but managed to piss off clients and almost all internal team members

Anyone know anything about cloud security? Looking into certifications for something IT/cloud technology related

Or does anyone in IT recommend any other certifications to start out with? Just want to get ideas on where to start

You can look n to the GCP(Google Cloud Platform) for certs. As for starting out it's usually recommended to go A+, Sec+, Net+ or CCNA then CCNA Security. The big ones now are Azure and AWS for cloud services now.

thought i got passed up on a job since they said they were going to make a decision either way at the end of the week after my second interview.
didn't think much of it and assumed they offered it to somebody else, so i went on and continued with the job search and interviews. two weeks has passed and the hiring manager left a voice mail today asking if i was still available and interested. i am assuming i am going to get the job offer.
i don't want to rush and accept or decline on the spot. how much time is acceptable to think about an offer?

With Labor Day incoming, you can buy yourself some time and say you'd like to think it over and get back to them after the holiday. That's of course you get the offer. Fingers crossed for ya!

Got in touch with the hiring mgr and she did offer me the position. Was honest and told her i had another offer (waiting for others as well) and wanted some time. I did tell her i was leaning towards accepting and would let her know soon

Just got to break the news to my current employer.

i officially accepted a job offer and notified my boss this week. he wanted me to give him a number and he would be opening to match, but i said it was time for me to move on (even if i left some money on the table). gave three weeks notice, but he's stressing out with the recent departures of other co-workers. i felt bad with the timing, but in the end i had to look out for myself. this was the longest i've been with a company (6+ yrs) but i pretty much worked myself into a corner as far as opportunities and the work environment/morale was declining

it's going to be a challenge getting a replacement in and start training. i said i would be open for answering questions with the occasional email/text but i am trying to document everything before i leave so that would not happen often.

i officially accepted a job offer and notified my boss this week. he wanted me to give him a number and he would be opening to match, but i said it was time for me to move on (even if i left some money on the table). gave three weeks notice, but he's stressing out with the recent departures of other co-workers. i felt bad with the timing, but in the end i had to look out for myself. this was the longest i've been with a company (6+ yrs) but i pretty much worked myself into a corner as far as opportunities and the work environment/morale was declining

it's going to be a challenge getting a replacement in and start training. i said i would be open for answering questions with the occasional email/text but i am trying to document everything before i leave so that would not happen often.

You're handling it just fine for your current boss. Documenting, three weeks as opposed to two, etc.

In my first job out of college, my boss legit told me "That isn't going to work for me" when I told him I was planning to leave. I only felt bad because it was around Christmas (eCommerce), but once he said that to me I gave no ****s.

Friday was my last day on contract, looking to make a move outside of Charlotte, outside of finance.

Any ATL heads with leads? My resume speaks to Project Management/Consulting but I can really take on anything. Non-technical preferred.

Depends on if you are in IT already or not.

If you're not in IT and want to eventually move into Cloud Security:
  1. Get the Net+ and Sec+ or a CCNA and find an SOC or entry level networking job
  2. Get an AWS Solutions Architect and the AWS security cert (or other equivalent cloud platform certs)
If you're already in IT just get those two AWS certs (or other equivalent cloud platform certs) mentioned above and a Sec+ cert to qualify you for DoD positions. If you've been in IT for a while and have some security experience you can look into getting a CCSP too.

Depends on if you are in IT already or not.

If you're not in IT and want to eventually move into Cloud Security:
  1. Get the Net+ and Sec+ or a CCNA and find an SOC or entry level networking job
  2. Get an AWS Solutions Architect and the AWS security cert (or other equivalent cloud platform certs)
If you're already in IT just get those two AWS certs (or other equivalent cloud platform certs) mentioned above and a Sec+ cert to qualify you for DoD positions. If you've been in IT for a while and have some security experience you can look into getting a CCSP too.

Not in IT, just wanted to know where to start

Thanks a lot for the info.

I wonder how some people get these high salaries in IT. I’m about to get a BS in ACS with a cyber security minor. Have a portfolio of programs I’ve written including database architecture and years of experience in various support/analyst roles

Well I guess I have to wait till I get my masters

Back
Top Bottom