Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I can put in a good word at some places doing online marketing for anyone that is interested. msg me

I start training monday.

Son said they paying for my food and hotel
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kickstart

2n9hqvp.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--------------------------------------

Phone interview today--fingers crossed because it'd work great with my schedule.

about to apply to a Google job with something similar, just because.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

didnt land the gig
30t6p3b.gif
Sorry man, keep ya head up.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Went in for an interview today and it was cool. Had the lady cracking up and I have to go do a trial run as part of the interview. That should be a cakewalk, *fingerscrossed*

Just got off the phone with a man for an interview next week. I completely forgot I applied to the job. 
laugh.gif

I'm feeling good. To those who haven't heard anything, revamp your resumes and attach a cover letter. Amazing what the same information presented in a different format can yield.

I'm suppose to start training for my new job next week but I still have to change the schedule or wait and see if I can change my school schedule. 
eyes.gif

Good luck to all!

Yo have any of y'all ever applied to a company that you owe money to? lol

Because I owe U.S bank, Verizon and Charter Communications and there's hella jobs I want to apply for :-/

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Because I owe U.S bank, Verizon and Charter Communications and there's hella jobs I want to apply for :-/
nerd.gif

Was on my way to get a free Slurpee from 7-11 and finally got a call back.
pimp.gif
Been chasing this HR lady for a month. I found the job at a job fair here in NJ. It's a manager position, but the company reps told me I was good, even though I have absolutely no prior experience.

day 1 of my official unemployment...i would be heading home from work right about now...
tired.gif

No pity parties tho...just tryin to stay positive & prayed up 
happy.gif

thanks for the "keep ya head ups"....same goes out to ery1 else

Good luck to yall boys man, it's hard out there.

I had my first day of training today, feels good. About to close on a condo with my boys, even though I'd prefer not to left with 3 people, the condo is huge, and I have the master, so that gives me a good while to stack bread.

I have 3 interviews for an Associate Analyst position with FINRA tomorrow. Feeling great about it this time. When I graduated in 09 I was a temp there up until this past April. This position is directly related to what I was doing and when I spoke to the talent acquisition consultant over the phone he let me know how great of a review my old manager gave me. Praying that this comes through.

dont give up, guys. i been in your shoes. took me about 8 months after graduation to land a job. i even took a part time job at macys and a part time unpaid internship during that time to not have gaps on my resume and to stay busy. but it paid off at the end. now i'm just trying to stack up as much as i can and get my MBA part time. so do whatever it takes to make it happen!

Thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread, my bad if this kind of question has already been covered...

Had a phone interview for a job about a month ago and got to follow up with a real interview a week later. Afterward they tell me I'll hear back from them in 2-3 weeks after they interview 2 other people (I was the first one to interview, so 3 people total competing for this job). It's been 3 weeks exactly since they told me that, and I am anxious as hell since I haven't had any interviews for other jobs. Would it be inappropriate of me to contact them today, tomorrow, or in the next few days and ask about the status of the position? If they haven't contacted me at this point have they most likely found someone else? I feel like it would be unprofessional of them to just leave me clueless after 2 interviews and having me wait 3 weeks regardless they hire me or not.

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread, my bad if this kind of question has already been covered...

Had a phone interview for a job about a month ago and got to follow up with a real interview a week later. Afterward they tell me I'll hear back from them in 2-3 weeks after they interview 2 other people (I was the first one to interview, so 3 people total competing for this job). It's been 3 weeks exactly since they told me that, and I am anxious as hell since I haven't had any interviews for other jobs. Would it be inappropriate of me to contact them today, tomorrow, or in the next few days and ask about the status of the position? If they haven't contacted me at this point have they most likely found someone else? I feel like it would be unprofessional of them to just leave me clueless after 2 interviews and having me wait 3 weeks regardless they hire me or not.
Not at all...if you have an e-mail contact, it's perfectly fine to inquire about the status of the job position, especially if it's been longer than the time they said they'd make a decision by if you're still waiting to hear from them. There's no problem in inquiring earlier too; just don't do it everyday and pester them.

Usually it's best to give them a courtesy a call a week after the last interview was conducted. So I highly suggest calling them if you haven't done so already. If they haven't responded in a week give them one more courtesy call the week after. If both attempts fail, just move on.
Also to follow up on my end... I didn't get the position either... 
tired.gif
. Thought I had it, but I guess not. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

tired.gif
ohwell.gif

That's my biggest fear right now... I feel like I did pretty solid on the interview, but considering how long it's been since I last heard from them...

nerd.gif
anyone?

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

tired.gif
ohwell.gif

That's my biggest fear right now... I feel like I did pretty solid on the interview, but considering how long it's been since I last heard from them...

we've all been there
frown.gif
last month there was an interview for a sweet job that i felt i did really well in but didn't get an offer in the end...stuff happens i guess

Just got a response with no job offer
mad.gif
. I think I'm more upset that it took them this long to get back to me and have my hopes up for that long. Considering it took them less than an hour to get back to me, something tells me they weren't planning on even sending me a rejection email anytime soon, let alone send me one at all. Man eff this job search **%%%%%+, but I guess it's all "part of the system."

BTW, whenever I've been rejected after interviews, I'm always told that they'll hold onto my resume for the future blah blah blah. Has anyone actually been contacted afterward for this reason or is this just standard etiquette bs?

def hate stuff like erybody is talking about on this page...these schmucks sometimes throw courteousness completely out the window

i understand having stupid number of applicants to get back in touch wit but cot damn...

My interview went well. The manager was out of town so I just met with 3 people on her staff: her supervisor, the guy who's job I'm applying for, and their assistant. All 3 interviews went over and it was more conversation and them outlining exactly what the position was since the description posted was pretty vague than standard interviewing. They each had a 2 page list of questions but were like nah these questions suck
laugh.gif
and just went back and forth with me about my previous time there. Sent all 3 emails afterward.

mad.gif
. I think I'm more upset that it took them this long to get back to me and have my hopes up for that long
This annoys me. The last position I interviewed for I was told I would receive some type of notification within a week since they wanted to get someone in and trained quick. About 3 weeks later it took me emailing HR and getting a call from them saying "Oh, they offered someone else the position." I don't believe I would have received any notification if I hadn't followed up, but I guess after 3 weeks...
laugh.gif

Had this not been a company I previously worked for and email regularly I wouldn't have been as bothered by this.

mad.gif
. I think I'm more upset that it took them this long to get back to me and have my hopes up for that long. Considering it took them less than an hour to get back to me, something tells me they weren't planning on even sending me a rejection email anytime soon, let alone send me one at all. Man eff this job search **%%%%%+, but I guess it's all "part of the system."

BTW, whenever I've been rejected after interviews, I'm always told that they'll hold onto my resume for the future blah blah blah. Has anyone actually been contacted afterward for this reason or is this just standard etiquette bs?
UPS and Rite Aid contacted me again after i was rejected.. didn't get those jobs either
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom