Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Almost 3 months working both jobs now... Been working anywhere between 45-65 hours between the two. Even though I don't really like my morning job at Vons, it's a steady weekly check, and I don't have to sell my stuff anymore.

Still keep an eye open for a position that I want/like but nothing...

I'm going to Vegas next weekend, I need a break.

Just got hired, and will start next week. 3 months of training and I'm off to Johor Malaysia. I've never done anything like this before so I'm kind of a bit concern about how I will settle oversea. It could be from 6 months to a year or so with housing and transportation paid. I guess I'll just stack up on some papers and see new landscapes, hopefully earn enough money for a house some day. That's the plan but who knows what will happen, just got to take it day by day.

this hospital near me is hiring transporters but they want you BLS certified, but im not sure if thats before i apply or after, help please

As for me, was laid off almost two weeks ago. Got a call today and had an interview. Nailed it. Went so well, that I went ahead and had my 2nd and 3rd interviews an hour later. Start next week. I'm hype. Much better pay from my previous job and I'm this much closer to becoming a manager.

soon my brothers ill make 30 days and be able to refer people to halliburton, also give you a thorough breakdown of day to day because the pay and benies are A1 but i know everybody aint bout that life 

Last edited:
soon my brothers ill make 30 days and be able to refer people to halliburton, also give you a thorough breakdown of day to day because the pay and benies are A1 but i know everybody aint bout that life 
Are you in Houston? Been trying to get a Marketing gig @ Halliburton for the longest:smh:

Are you in Houston? Been trying to get a Marketing gig @ Halliburton for the longest:smh:
naw at the super camp in san antonio , i think they are moving everybody too san antonio seeing as they just built a 60 million dollar facility , is there an opening for marketing if so pm me and we'll go from there 

naw at the super camp in san antonio , i think they are moving everybody too san antonio seeing as they just built a 60 million dollar facility , is there an opening for marketing if so pm me and we'll go from there 
Im interested ive been hearing a lot about Halliburton here in SA. Im interested im out here going to UTSA finishing up my last year.

Got an interview at Safeway. Gotta make some little cash on the side. I'm tired of sitting in front of the computer working all day. I want to move around a little.

I'm soooo ready.... My job just promoted someone I trained and he has two years less experience than me... I'm pisssed but they already setting him up for failure... He will be demoted or fired within the year...our store has had 6 managers in 5 years... Latest one quit and retired after 6 months!!!! I'm ready to leave as of yesterday!!!! Lol

Been taking a welding class, and just got certified. Happy about that, now its just the next step

Got fam that work for Halliburton and its luv they say n company truck. Good benefits and pay.

this hospital near me is hiring transporters but they want you BLS certified, but im not sure if thats before i apply or after, help please

Go ahead and apply. Most hospitals have CPR/BLS training during Orientation, if not they'll usually pay for the day of training. Win win.

Small Business are great. I'm working in one I have a month in already and I'm making twice as much as I did working in retail and big businesses but not every place is like that.

How are you guys prepping for interviews?

I'm using a online video software to record myself... I can't believe how ******ed I look and sound.

My eyes keep shifting like I'm on drugs... I'm talking too casual and not professional.

I'm trying to recall all of my old interviews and wonder how I even got the jobs then.

http://lifehacker.com/5975338/top-10-tips-for-acing-your-next-job-interview

Each point has links for articles that give even more information. I've used lifehacker heavily in my job hunt for resumes, interviews, etc.

Got an interview at Safeway. Gotta make some little cash on the side. I'm tired of sitting in front of the computer working all day. I want to move around a little.

I'm the complete opposite. I work for Vons (a Safeway company) I need to go back to that computer and a desk setting...

so tired of interviewing for places and them telling me they will call and they dont, all i ask is for a simply phone call

Last edited:
^^^ yes that sucks. this past job i got, in the interview i told them straight out i can start right now and i did. got fired

got an interview coming up on tuesday. 

Last edited:
Starting to feel like I'll never get a job....ever :frown: I have no clue why people don't seem to like me. Nothing worse than being told multiple times you're the "best candidate, had the best interview" but they decide to go with somebody else.

Dunno man...I just dunno.

Starting to feel like I'll never get a job....ever
frown.gif
I have no clue why people don't seem to like me. Nothing worse than being told multiple times you're the "best candidate, had the best interview" but they decide to go with somebody else.

Dunno man...I just dunno.
I've had this happen to me multiple times too. The job market sucks.

I was going into teaching but became disenchanted with it. I'm looking into a new career, but have no clue and I feel like I'll never find something. I'm in my late 20s and need to get my career going but it's so difficult right now. I know I'll eventually go back to school, but for what.  Any advice? I'm in socal if that matters.

^ I was wondering where you were from because there are tons of teaching jobs here in NC and other places in the south...but I know so cal >

:

i know this been brought up before but what's yall opinions on recruiters? appleone and accounttemps specifically?

@haveagreat12, hey if you're good with computers you should research the IT field. SonofTony posted some stuff about the A+ and Network+ certs (which are basic certs) those can land you an entry level position.

edited: fixed typos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom