Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

thanks for the linkedin input...some of the people happen to be in extensions of my network so I dont know if it will not allow me to message them for free... imma go go back on there and check it out

Im iffy about just adding these people to my network as well even tho they are connected to people im connected too....plus the linkedin disclaimer about adding people you dont know...but my back is pretty much against the wall and im thinking hail mary now

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Applied to about almost another100 jobs today.

you sending out resumes or actually filling the applications. some of these online apps are long and time consuming.

Im on the verge of giving up..I worked at Gap while I was away from school and was supposed to get a transfer upon returning home. I call both stores(the one by my school and the one at home) and they dont seem to be on the same page so I gave them each others number so that can figure something out.Also applied to Victoria's Secret and my references didnt answer when they manager called them. I tried to call the manager to give her different references in which she can contact and she is never there..Even left messages or her..I dont seem to have the best of luck with this job hunting

Still waiting on the call from express scripts........I havent gotten an email saying i wont be offered a job either, so hopefully i hear something soon.

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Applied to about almost another100 jobs today.

you sending out resumes or actually filling the applications. some of these online apps are long and time consuming.

mix of both. some sites like MTV, NBC, EA, Nike. they have it where once u apply to one job.

The info is saved so applying to theirs is just clicking apply

Feels good to have a job but the politics and gutless cowardice that is displayed pisses me off to the point where now I'm getting ready to start looking again.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Feels good to have a job but the politics and gutless cowardice that is displayed pisses me off to the point where now I'm getting ready to start looking again.

preach brotha. i'm not bout that 40 years of corporate life.
sick.gif

thats why i left my job back in 07, i hate sucker shht . my friend has been out looking for a job for a while and i usually fill out a application just for the fck of it .funny thing is  they call me up but never call him  lol . sht i even had people come up to me and offer me a job which i always turn down because after the sucker stuff that my supervisor pulled on me at my last job in 07  i dont ever want to work for another person again . anyway everyone thats out of work keep your head up and stay positive , like the old saying goes theres always a silver lining behind a cloud 

Originally Posted by treason

thats why i left my job back in 07, i hate sucker shht . my friend has been out looking for a job for a while and i usually fill out a application just for the fck of it .funny thing is  they call me up but never call him  lol . sht i even had people come up to me and offer me a job which i always turn down because after the sucker stuff that my supervisor pulled on me at my last job in 07  i dont ever want to work for another person again . anyway everyone thats out of work keep your head up and stay positive , like the old saying goes theres always a silver lining behind a cloud 

sometimes you gotta kiss a few buns, bruh....

hate to say it... but that's just how it is in the world.

when you become a man of power, you'll either be the guy that looks forward to the butt kissing... or looks forward to the guy that doesnt butt kiss, and have him on your team...

any way it goes, there's going to be some bun-kissing.

Had been out of work for 5 months, and applied to so many places since then.
Had multiple interviews but they never called back. Last Wednesday, I randomly checked Craigslist and applied to a few leasing companies. An hour later, I get a call from the HR department and they schedule an interview. Hired on the spot the next day
pimp.gif

Keep your heads up NT brethren

I'm 17 never had a job, don't even know how I have money in my wallet.

I was going to get a job with one of my uncles cutting trees but my dad said it was to dangerous.
30t6p3b.gif

Only chance I had this summer, a job that I had but never had.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Im on the verge of giving up..I worked at Gap while I was away from school and was supposed to get a transfer upon returning home. I call both stores(the one by my school and the one at home) and they dont seem to be on the same page so I gave them each others number so that can figure something out.Also applied to Victoria's Secret and my references didnt answer when they manager called them. I tried to call the manager to give her different references in which she can contact and she is never there..Even left messages or her..I dont seem to have the best of luck with this job hunting

indifferent.gif
managers actually call references, i thought that @@@* was there just to show you really worked for someone, instead of just faking it and putting down any job.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by ricky409

Yea I had an interview with a District Manager for VZW and right when dude asked me my major he was like "You do know this is for a sales position correct?" (I`m a Computer Info Systems Major) So I whipped out my resume and he saw my yrs of sales and customer service experience, I had a great interview and he set me up for one in store. I crushed the store interview, but still didnt get the position lol, I mean dudes has the mentality "Son has a Non Marketing/Mnagment degree and a decent GPA, and we looking for ppl to work 40+ hrs a week, he good but he wont be here long" Can't blame em but still that sucks lol

Right now I`m waiting on some of my old professors to hit me up about reference letters so I can apply for this positon at my school and an Instructor postition at a Tech School. lol if dudes dont come through I swear I`m not giving a dime as an Alumni  lol

i heard those wireless cell phone jobs be bringing in cake...

any truth?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
it is, but the market is getting over saturated, I came in at the end of the game and the stories I use to hear from yrs back was crazy how much bread ppl were making. I will say Working Wireless is the big leagues of retail, much more respectable and you make real money. I was going to transfer but the only openings for my company were Mall Kiosk, so I was like let me just test my degree out and leave but I left on good terms, so if I need to re apply I would be held with priority when it comes to interviewing. I will say the plus about working for VZW is they pay salary Plus Commission, but they only hire full time from what I see and they want people who really want to be sales people and not just someone who wants a job if that makes sense.  ATT and Tmobile are prob best to work for if you want to do schooling and such, because Part Time reps can make more then their managers if you are good at what you do and are at a good location.

I work for VZW. I took it fresh out of college because I needed a job in Dallas and they were the first one that hired me. I planned on doing it while I became certified to teach then quitting.

2.5 years later I'm still here. I make more money than anyone else my age I know. They match 401K up to 6% and they have tuition reimbursement.

If you are single and don't have any kids its cool because retail hours suck and you don't really have time to do anything else.

If you are a full time rep and don't make at least 50K you suck at your job.

I finally found a contractor job last month after being unemployed for more than half a year; while it's not a permanent job, it's been great work experience for me, even though I don't see myself working there for much longer. I have a 5 hour interview this week for a permanent position at a big medical device company; there's a lot on the line...

Be super proactive in your job search, use Indeed, use Linkedin and search for recruiters at companies you want to work at and e-mail them a cover letter/resume, search for small companies around your area that are in your field, do whatever it takes. Getting a job is a job....especially today, that's a tough #@+ job.
Also keep updating your resume and refreshing it everytime you have a chance to. And write cover letters, especially for companies you really want to work at. And if you're a new college grad, write everything you can and don't be afraid to put your high school stuff on there. You never know what can catch a recruiter's eyes...

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

indifferent.gif
managers actually call references, i thought that @@@* was there just to show you really worked for someone, instead of just faking it and putting down any job.
Apparently..the funny thing is that she told us during the interview that she would check our references and I called these two people and told them to expect a call from VS and the stilll managed to miss the call..
grin.gif

Yo So I applied for a Full time gig at the IT department at my school that I use to for back in the day last week. I sent my the dept manager an email saying I applied and she said "Thanks, HR has all of your paper work"

On the site my application still shows in progress.

You guys think I should email HR? lol what the hell should I say to em? I just dont want my app to get caught up in the masses.

Yea I know it's only been a week, I`m just OD anxious
frown.gif

Todays marks 4 months being unemployed. I hate not working. It sucks applying to these places and not hearing a damn work back. I might just do a trade school because this isn't working out
frown.gif

I finally get hired, but now I don't know whats the deal. The manager told me she would call me last Thursday so I can fill out paperwork..I hear nothing. I call the store yesterday took like 10 minutes for me to get a direct number to HR & the manager who interviewed me. None of them answer their phones
indifferent.gif
. I called again today still no answer. I was really looking forward to this after being jobless for 6 months
tired.gif
frown.gif
. I guess I will continue look for somewhere else to work in the meantime.

Real talk, dudes that been unemployed for 6 months and stuff...hell yall do to get by with no job!?!?

I "Got the job" at Express scripts.......But i ran into a little bump in the road.

I had a warrant for a misdemeanor i had back from 2005 that i never finished paying on. I told them about the charge, but they wanted a final disposition.......which i couldnt get unless i paid the fine.

I paid the $299 fine and took the paperwork to the job. Hopefully everything is ok........The charge had nothing to do with the actual job and im sure everything will be ok if they asked for the information and offered me the job at the same time.....But stated they needed that before OFFICIALLY offering me the position.

Im sweating bullets right now that i didnt just do all of that for nothing.

Real talk, dudes that been unemployed for 6 months and stuff...hell yall do to get by with no job!?!?

you just got to get any gig for the time being. swallow your pride and get any job even if it means doing something you really dont want to do (retail, serving coffee, wait tables, etc). you can also try a temp agency. basically anything so you at least got some cash. i remember being a "personal assistant" for my old supervisor that i had. simple stuff like organizing his home office, schedules, and running some errands, etc.

Yo So I applied for a Full time gig at the IT department at my school that I use to for back in the day last week. I sent my the dept manager an email saying I applied and she said "Thanks, HR has all of your paper work"

On the site my application still shows in progress.

You guys think I should email HR? lol what the hell should I say to em? I just dont want my app to get caught up in the masses.

Yea I know it's only been a week, I`m just OD anxious
frown.gif

Anybody?

Back
Top Bottom