Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Nice! U gotta pretty chill gig. Been laying mud ever since a kid (pops cement finisher).
Pops was always cool whitchyall and always leaving a spot where y’all can clean up after lol

Nice, yeah man most guys are cool. I’ll help them out too. I’ve run into a few douches of course but 95% of people are chill.

That clean up spot is clutch.

A lot of my work is just dumping into a pump truck or crane bucket down town. Super easy. Y’all got the hard job.

Update: I got the job at Coca Cola, they called me 3 hours after my interview to offer me the position. Took my drug test yesterday and submitted all my paperwork as well. Last day at my security gig is next Friday.

My homeboy applied for the same job and his interview was after mine and I saw him and talked to him for a min before his. Nothing personal but I needed that. Sorry fam
Yo.... For real?

Yo.... For real?
Yea man, they are moving fast with the process, the slowest part is just waiting for the background and drug test to come back which should both come back clean. Hopefully they'll call/email me today so I can put my official notice in. I mean its only a one week notice but I'm not gonna tell Coke to hold off so I can do 2 weeks.

No one told me being an electrician is this grueling on the feet. I’m on my 2nd pair of Nike boots in 3 months. Super glue is worthless on the sites i’ve been working on so far. Easy job if you’re already fit.

You gotta cop some actual work boots man.

Even my redwings got holes in them after a year. No way Nike’s would stand a chance.

I’ll probably get some thorogoods next. Red wing isn’t all that great.

I’d do it. I’ve had so many lines of work it’s crazy. You never know what you like until you try it. Especially since you’ve always wanted to live there.

Worst comes to worst you come back and get another job... you’ll be alright.

Been applying to a bunch of NBA teams for a Marketing Gig. Willing to relocate anywhere. I interned with the Clippers for two seasons when I was in college and I just hit my old boss up for a letter of recommendation. Hoping she pulls through.

My current job is cool and I enjoy it but a sports gig has always been #1 on my list.

We shall see :pimp:

Anyone here worked for AXA Advisors? I have an interview with them next week for a financial consulting job. Most likely will pass if it involves cold calling people for life insurance etc..

Anyone here worked for AXA Advisors? I have an interview with them next week for a financial consulting job. Most likely will pass if it involves cold calling people for life insurance etc..

That's exactly what it is.
Don't waste your time.

That's exactly what it is.

Make it 3 people who say thats what it is.

Never get complacent.

It's almost impossible not to. Work-life balance in this country is terrible and people are generally exhausted and don't have a lot of hope. I know that's super depressing, but it's just something I've observed and I've been in different fields.

Sixteen people were laid off last week at my firm because of a reorganization. They say it's a supposed to be a merger, but only one person got laid off from the group we are combining with. This has a takeover written all over it. I hate working in Finance, so this really gives me motivation to leave. We probably won't get laid off until January/February because of the projects we're responsible for through the rest of 2018.

EDIT: Found out that it's actually 21.

Last edited:
Been on the job for a few weeks and it's stressing me more than any job ever. Legit feel like i was on the edge of as nervous breakdown earlier.

I wish i could just sit home and work on my art all day. I just have short patience for jobs i know I'm not interested in, but i just needed a job at the time because Uber was wearing me out physical. I'm just tired of working.

Been on the job for a few weeks and it's stressing me more than any job ever. Legit feel like i was on the edge of as nervous breakdown earlier.

I wish i could just sit home and work on my art all day. I just have short patience for jobs i know I'm not interested in, but i just needed a job at the time because Uber was wearing me out physical. I'm just tired of working.
THat first 3-4 months is always the learning curve wait it out and itll get easier just gotta suck it up and be tough

Back
Top Bottom