Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

^ I was thinking to myself maybe its good I am not known so nobody can hit me up since I am just trying to chill and keep it low key lol...I was always going to let it go just wanted that validation from yall

Yeah I mean for me I just play dumb or I’ll dig myself into a hole with more and more work.

“Oh you know how to run that machine?”

“You want to run the skid steer tomorrow before your regular shift?”

It’s probably the same with most jobs. The more you know the more they want you to do. :lol:

I'm only in week 2 in my job and I already know this is my best job yet and I have absolutely no desire to leave...with that being said theres a few things I'm salty about but I don't think I should bring it up in my 30 day interview what yall think? Nothing crazy but theres been a ton of new hires about 5-10 including me this month... we have a intranet page that has all the information company directory and a section of new hires both of which I am not on... Im not going to lie I'm kinda offended because it makes me feel like I'm not part of the company...not sure I want to bring it up and have that negative energy around me especially when I am new lol...But other than that I am genuinely happy... the office looks nice including my desk, free lunch 2x a week even though its kosher food, free fruit, not stressful work, close to my house, great benefits in general and the PTO and holidays are generous to say the least...the other thing I don't like too is the people there are not friendly... I don't know if this is a normal thing in a big company but the company I left which was a smaller company the people there were much more friendlier... other than that the job/company is good money
When you say "people there are not friendly", what do you mean? Friendly as they come around and shoot the **** with you or do you mean they don't acknowledge you and are staring you down?

I personally rather keep people at bay that have people come talk random **** I have no interest in , make racist remarks and perhaps talk **** behind my back after being friendly with me.

Also, I never been fond of public recognition, whether it be new hire acknowledge, time and service awards, or performance awards. However, one thing I know, some people take it very serious and look forward to these ... that's why companies have them! If it's bothering you, mention it and phrase it in a way where it sounds like it would of have been nice if you was introduce during a monthly meeting or announcement so other team members knew who you was and did ...

I don't see how a good BOSS would get mad at that and probably will apologies for forgetting you.

I think I’m putting in my two weeks today.

My co worker damn near cut his toe off and they call him everyday harassing him to come back. He got hurt 3 days ago.

I was supposed to have the weekend off but they call me at 1 am on Friday saying I have to work. I say I can’t. I only have time Sunday morning they say ok take double time.

I get there and they doubled what I was supposed to do.

I’m over it, only reason I’m giving two weeks is so I can find a job in the meantime.

Already contacted my union to find me a job and sent off my resume to a few companies.

Here’s the ****ery I deal with constantly. There’s no peace. My phone just goes crazy all the time when I’m not at work.

AF37F620-ABA8-45FA-8942-B8D2E5E8BAC3.jpeg

mplsdunk mplsdunk get outta there mane …Once the job starts annoying you on your off time or messing with your non work schedule it’s time to make moves

Whatever they paying you won’t be worth the peace of mind

mplsdunk mplsdunk get outta there mane …Once the job starts annoying you on your off time or messing with your non work schedule it’s time to make moves

Whatever they paying you won’t be worth the peace of mind

Yeah dude, two co workers flat out went MIA this week because they couldn’t take it. I don’t blame them.

My boy talked me off the ledge though, we work together and we always do so we’re looking for a company to take us both on ideally which shouldn’t be a problem being construction and all everyone needs people.

I sent out my resume all over today.

I make good money but i’d gladly work less and make less for sure.

job hunt is going good, idk why I put up with it so long. My business agent is literally going to owners of companies and telling them about me he’s got me one offer so far. He’s going to another company tomorrow which is a heavy haul crane company to try and get me in there. It’s right up my alley being into heavy haul already except it isn’t seasonal. It’s year round with normal hours and 7 weeks vacation. I’m shooting for that job.

I’m gonna have to get this guy a gift or something. I’ve never seen a business agent go this hard for his union members.

Got an interview for a government job. It’s at the airport running equipment doing snow removal.

It’s a seasonal job which is fine because I don’t think I’m ready to give construction up yet so I’m always laid off in the winter regardless so it’s just extra money to me if I get it.

I still think I’m just going to go to back to my old job in the summer. They’re just good people, they called this seasonal job and gave me a recommendation, I’d make about 30k less a summer but If I get this seasonal job paired with my old company I’ll be making similar to now but have a better work life balance.

I hate HR, I applied to this open job listing I really wanted my union BA told me about, called them twice.

HR says, yes we have it and I passed it on. So basically it's in gods hands now and HR is were resumes go to die.

Today the owner calls my BA asking why the hell I didn't apply, my BA says I did and HR told me they got it. Well, he never got it from HR. He told me to email him directly now.

It's the same story at my job, we desperately need people. I have friends apply and nothing because it's in HR's hands. Then I have my boss call them instead and they're working in two days.

HR is useless, I feel like half these staffing shortages are from HR being gatekeepers.

I hate HR, I applied to this open job listing I really wanted my union BA told me about, called them twice.

HR says, yes we have it and I passed it on. So basically it's in gods hands now and HR is were resumes go to die.

Today the owner calls my BA asking why the hell I didn't apply, my BA says I did and HR told me they got it. Well, he never got it from HR. He told me to email him directly now.

It's the same story at my job, we desperately need people. I have friends apply and nothing because it's in HR's hands. Then I have my boss call them instead and they're working in two days.

HR is useless, I feel like half these staffing shortages are from HR being gatekeepers.
HR looks out for their own interests. One of them pushed along someone who wasn't qualified for a position that we were hiring for. She talked them up to several persons thinking they were involved in the hiring process, not realizing I was making the decision at the end of the day. Ended up finding out after the fact that she and said individual were dating.

Agree 100% same thing happens at my job.

The office is toxic af thanks to HR, they just hire friends and bully everyone else.

They only care about themselves and protecting the company from lawsuits.

HR is HR for a reason .... unless THE BOSS wants you and/or if is a small company where the good old boy network can get you in, then HR will look at a resume and decide if you're qualified for the position. Hence why is important to write a resume with impact words and quantifying your worth in a matrix style.

For example "I'm a certified heavy machine operator. " Cool beans everyone that's applying are probably qualified.

Instead write something like "I have extensive knowledge ( specify machine ). I have driven the machine for x amount of hour and have zero accidents. In addition, I created a safety course for my previos position to avoid mishaps which resulted in reducing accidents by 100% during my tenure.

Obviously this blue would have to be adjusted or better worded to fit your position, but it's to give you an idea. However, you are showing the potential employer/company something that others probably are not. Also when you see the listing, tailor your resume for that position, hitting all the impact words within the listing.

Last edited:
I emailed the owner directly since he told my business agent to tell me to, he has me coming in next week to talk. He said he needs me if I’m interested. He’s just out of the country now so i have to wait to talk to meet them and see the place.

Got an interview somewhere else tomorrow too.

Is the company you're working for recession/layoff proof?

I'm newly hired but I think it'll be okay considering they're hiring 2 more candidates.. and considering the projects coming into the next few years..I don't think layoff will be a thing..

Your thoughts?

Construction as a whole is terribly understaffed, infrastructures bill and green energy will keep business booming for me.

for the last month I’ve been at a family owned car dealer/mechanic shop as a technician, treated like absolute garbage, expected to perform my job in impossible time restraints, and subjected to their family drama and way too much other BS. I left last Monday morning, and Monday afternoon I was detailing a car for my new employer as a test run to become their new head Detailer.

Don’t put up with the BS. Everyone is hiring. If you aren’t happy, why waste your time? Right now is the best time to find a new job with so many people hiring. I even negotiated to receive the same pay. I also started (with nothing$$) and currently run a detailing business on the side as well as a collectibles business.

If you want something, get off your rear end and go get it! It’s literally never been easier.

Took a government job at the airport.

Cons: base pay is low but I don’t normally work in the winter so it’s just extra money to me.

Overnight work

Pros: it’s overnight but unless it’s snowing you just get paid to sleep and you get a new tempirpedic 🛌you pick.

If it does snow you get double time to stay there and you work 8 hours on 8 off until it’s done plus they cater all your food. It’s not like it’s grueling work.

I think it will be interesting working at msp, it’s a big airport and it will look good on the resume because it’s pretty intense. You don’t want to go on a live runway and get hit by a plane.

The other pro is I’ll be putting into another pension fund. The government one.

I don’t have to go back to my job that I don’t like now and in the spring I can go back to my old job that I did like.

I also have a couple friends coming with me so I’ll know people there and all the paving bros share a dorm. :lol:

Took a government job at the airport.

Cons: base pay is low but I don’t normally work in the winter so it’s just extra money to me.

Overnight work

Pros: it’s overnight but unless it’s snowing you just get paid to sleep and you get a new tempirpedic 🛌you pick.

If it does snow you get double time to stay there and you work 8 hours on 8 off until it’s done plus they cater all your food. It’s not like it’s grueling work.

I think it will be interesting working at msp, it’s a big airport and it will look good on the resume because it’s pretty intense. You don’t want to go on a live runway and get hit by a plane.

The other pro is I’ll be putting into another pension fund. The government one.

I don’t have to go back to my job that I don’t like now and in the spring I can go back to my old job that I did like.

I also have a couple friends coming with me so I’ll know people there and all the paving bros share a dorm. :lol:
Get that bag playboy!
Congratulations

Thanks bruh, it will be nice to work in the winter and not blow through all my summers savings like I usually do.

Plus tbh it’s just something to do. It’s so crappy here in the winter I don’t do anything anyways so I might as well work.

If I like it I might go there year round in a couple years. You can take 3 months off in the summer and still get paid. But only if you’re a full time employee.

Back
Top Bottom