Joe Rogan Podcast

Was curious since I don't really pay too much attention who his recent guests were for the past few months., and oof. The "I only listen to certain people" folks are putting in a lot of energy for someone they probably would only listen to once every 4 months if we're to believe them.

I honestly thought it would be more balanced and less obvious.

last one i listened to was Snoop dogg, and a couple clips of carrot top interview.

I miiiight listen to the Pinker interview unless it's him complaining about the left.

I defend Joe for the same reason I defend other "problematic" artists.
and speech code violators.

I hope the Obama rumours are true
I really would love to see him on the show tho.

08 Barry would def do it I think, now im not so sure.

That's cool, do you. I'm just noticing how sparse that list of generally interesting folks is vs full on right wingers, borderline probrematic folks or his friends and d-riders that benefit from his audience.

but again imo it's hard disentangle from Joe current status as problematic guy

given current progressive climate on speech and culture.
it's now problematic to go on Rogan

people are cheering on boycotts of spotify
Bernie Sanders got **** for it,

if he sincerely wanted to book more progressive people on Rogan
I think he'd have a hard time finding guests.

I don't think the boycott is the thing to do, but I also think you're vastly overestimating the difficulty on getting quality intelligent guests informed enough for live rebuttal and correction. He just doesn't want to, it's his universe. You haven't even seen it play out but you're making that argument for him. Also his routine lineup was like this before it started becoming clear he's problematic.

He’s been ducking Sam Seder :lol:. Told Sam Seder that he was “too hard on the right”, so Joe won’t have him on.

It’s intentional. Idk why you won’t admit the obvious :lol:

I don't think the boycott is the thing to do, but I also think you're vastly overestimating the difficulty on getting quality intelligent guests informed enough for live rebuttal and correction. He just doesn't want to, it's his universe. You haven't even seen it play out but you're making that argument for him. Also his routine lineup was like this before it started becoming clear he's problematic.

clearly he likes to have right wing kooks and weirdos on,

Im just saying that even if you want to have left wing people on,
when have this censorious attitude on the left it will skew the show even further right

when have this censorious attitude on the left it will skew the show even further right
Right the left has the censorious attitude. You are the worst sometimes, I need to move to Canada because **** must be sweet over there to play these games.

Censoring….like bringing on Gov Abbot, who’s banning books about racism or Black Authors. Literal “censorship”

8888B529-E594-45AF-ACC6-64B7BD4FB631.jpeg

It’s sad you buy into this framing. You should know better, but you’re being intentionally obtuse to what’s obvious in front of you :lol:

Listen to him for Snoop dogg, or whatever apolitical entertaining guest he has on his show.

But don’t pretend like what he does isn’t intentional.

Censoring….like bringing on Gov Abbot, who’s banning books about racism or Black Authors. Literal “censorship”

8888B529-E594-45AF-ACC6-64B7BD4FB631.jpeg

It’s sad you buy into this framing. You should know better, but you’re being intentionally obtuse to what’s obvious in front of you :lol:

Listen to him for Snoop dogg, or whatever apolitical entertaining guest he has on his show.

But don’t pretend like what he does isn’t intentional.

1. As I've said literally 1 million times yes there is censorship on the right.
I did not say, "there is only censorship on the left and none on the right"

So giving me this whataboutism about greg abbott or whatever
is totally irrelevant to the point that I made

2. Im not pretending anything, im just less confident in my ability to read Joe Rogan's mind than you are.

maybe you're right, I don't know
for all I know he's on stormfront posting about the Bell Curve, asking them for guest recommendations.

I don't care either way.

Joe Rogan knows what he is doing

Rogan has had left-wing people on, but left-wingers like to **** on other progressives and rant about the Democratic party.

He had Sam Harris on constantly to **** on BLM and talk about the left censoring race science

Some other progressives have tried to come on and nothing, like Sam Seder

I have heard Rogan say that he thinks these anti-left liberals as more honest than other progressives

Routinely people rob Joe Rogan of power over his decisions to defend his behavior

Right the left has the censorious attitude. You are the worst sometimes, I need to move to Canada because **** must be sweet over there to play these games.

I think you need to relax

I did not say "only the left censors"
I did not say "censorship is worse on the left than it is on the right"

pointing out censorship in left wing cultural spaces,
does not mean i'm endorsing or making a value judgment on what the right is doing.

We literally were having a conversation on the efficacy of boycotts from left wing musical artists.

you can think this is good, or bad but it's totally fair
to describe an attempt to suppress ideas that you find objectionable as censoriousness

“Yah….like this Critical Race Theory hysteria is fun, ya know. What a winning strategy lolz”

-@osh kosh bosh from his perch in Canada.

maybe you're right, I don't know
for all I know he's on stormfront posting about the Bell Curve, asking them for guest recommendations.

I don't care either way.

Well lucky enough for you, he did that 4 years ago in 2018

Then recently had Peterson on :lol:

But yah! Like cool, I don’t care ha! Joe Rogan has no agency in the type of guests he brings on. They all just seem to be right wing kooks, IDW folks and dumb libertarians (outside of the occasional a-political rapper or pop culture icon)

Lastly, boycotting isn’t censorship.

I think you need to relax

I did not say "only the left censors"
I did not say "censorship is worse on the left than it is on the right"

pointing out censorship in left wing cultural spaces,
does not mean i'm endorsing or making a value judgment on what the right is doing.

We literally were having a conversation on the efficacy of boycotts from left wing musical artists.

you can think this is good, or bad but it's totally fair
to describe an attempt to suppress ideas that you find objectionable as censoriousness
:lol: "u mad?" really?

BTW, the rumor is that Spotify's management wants Barack on Rogan when he is dropping his next book.

Whether he does it or not, no one knows

I think Osh fancies himself an avatar of the common man

Salt of the earth folks who "don't care" about politics

I am not a common man at all. :lol:

I'm a college educated big city progressive, who works in the arts
I have many im sure unpopular avant garde progressive viewpoints.

but I just don't agree with progressive in this one specific vector of life
and suddenly im some scrappy working class hero. :lol:

Depends what their agenda and position is...

I'm sure there's bunch of progressive thinkers / intellectuals who would love to go on and tear him a new ******* regarding 'x' subject.

But for more established figures who have to consider the optics and their 'brand' then i guess it would be a hard sell.

Like other guys have said though i'm sure Rogan has little to no interest in getting lambasted on the show by people who represent the far left.

I think at most he would opt to host debate style shows so somebody else was there to take the heat.

I am not a common man at all. :lol:

I'm a college educated big city progressive, who works in the arts
I have many im sure unpopular avant garde progressive viewpoints.

but I just don't agree with progressive in this one specific vector of life
and suddenly im some scrappy working class hero. :lol:

You sure?? :nerd:

“Yah….like this Critical Race Theory hysteria is fun, ya know. What a winning strategy lolz”

-@osh kosh bosh from his perch in Canada.

Well lucky enough for you, he did that 4 years ago in 2018

Then recently had Peterson on :lol:

But yah! Like cool, I don’t care ha! Joe Rogan has no agency in the type of guests he brings on. They all just seem to be right wing kooks, IDW folks and dumb libertarians (outside of the occasional a-political rapper or pop culture icon)

again as you do not care about the misogynistic atlanta rappers,
I do not care about this.

all i was commenting on was the reality,
that many left wing people consider it to be immoral to go on his show

and it might be harder to book left wing guests.

Lastly, boycotting isn’t censorship.

you are just assuming a negative connotation. If that's bothersome to you
replace it with the word suppression"

we suppress all kinds of things,
not all suppression is bad. we suppress Nazism.

Back
Top Bottom