Joe Rogan Podcast

That’s all this discussion really is. I don’t know why you keep bringing up Future. He’s the 🐐. If you want to argue about Future’s mysoginy or whatever, have at it. ****, I dabble in it myself 🤷🏾‍♂️

Now bumping Throw Away :pimp:

I just bring it up to say, we all have problematic content we enjoy.
given the demographics of NT Im sure anyone who listens to Rogan is aware that he's problematic.

so I don't quite get your insistence of retreating something I think most people are aware of.

im not going to lie it took me a while to get on the Future train but eventually I did.
I think I long discounted his influence on the genre,
but as I look back on it's hard to deny his impact

I just bring it up to say, we all have problematic content we enjoy.
given the demographics of NT Im sure anyone who listens to Rogan is aware that he's problematic.

so I don't quite get your insistence of retreating something I think most people are aware of.

im not going to lie it took me a while to get on the Future train but eventually I did.
I think I long discounted his influence on the genre,
but as I look back on it's hard to deny his impact

See the thing is, I don’t and have never said it’s not okay to take in problematic content. Never that. We human. The world is f’d up. We enjoy the bs. It is what it is.

With Rogan though, he and his fans…..continuously try to brand him as some a-political, harmless podcast and platform, that is open to all sorts of thought. He himself, self identifies as a “leftist” When it really obvious isn’t that (and again, I care less about those labels - that’s white people ****). But it’s for branding and plausible deniability reasons. And like you said, so you can’t pigeonhole him politically.

His pod is increasingly becoming closer (has already) to an alt right podcast boosting platform, with occasional pop culture guests and aspiring rising people because it is the biggest in the world. And all corps in this world, have unsavory dealings, intentions etc. I’m just saying to recognize and acknowledge the alignment and guests.

It’s def intentional, and he for sure has a demographic fan base…that he’s willfully nudging in a certain direction. And recently, that seems to have ramped up.

That’s really all I’m saying. It’s no point in really denying what I see as obvious. But the plausible deniability is what Keeps Rogan movin! And his hard core fan base will tell you he’s just a regular guy, “just asking questuons”…..but a close look would tell you it’s not simply that.

Steve Bannon & Tim Pool have two of the biggest podcasts in the world right now. And you know it’s human nature for certain people to try not to openly associate as much with that. Although that’s the direction Rogan is going.

And shoutout to you for coming around on Super Future. It was inevitable :pimp:

One could argue (fairly easily) that right wing media is the single most destructive and polarizing force in American society

As long as it's treated as a sideshow and not the central cause of our problems those problems will worsen

Rogan is merely an extension of it but that is why he gets so much pushback

What Rogan defenders seem to have in common is they view him as a-political, and someone exposing "truths" that more traditional corporate media won't allow

Yeah... ok :lol:

One could argue (fairly easily) that right wing media is the single most destructive and polarizing force in American society

As long as it's treated as a sideshow and not the central cause of our problems those problems will worsen

Rogan is merely an extension of it but that is why he gets so much pushback

What Rogan defenders seem to have in common is they view him as a-political, and someone exposing "truths" that more traditional corporate media won't allow

Yeah... ok :lol:

A dude on Boxden called Joe Rogan the worlds foremost “freedom fighter”

13FD1774-6DDA-4357-85CB-A21EEFC7D7B6.jpeg

:rofl:

Tool is one of those things that I'm aware exists, but I've never ever felt compelled to find out what it is.

Tool
Phish
Primus

all strike me as vaguely alternative rock bands 16 year old white male potheads become fans of after they get tired of Bob Marley "Legend".

I know you didn't just put Tool in the same category as those fake Grunge Ska bands that'll never make it past Parking lot performances. Do you even count time signatures? Do you even know what scales your music's in? Keys?

46 & 2? not even Schism?

And Yes I've ignored everything that's been said in this thread because this is the biggest sin of all! This thread is over. Have fun with misogyny and Neo-left elks or whatever

I know you didn't just put Tool in the same category as those fake Grunge Ska bands that'll never make it past Parking lot performances. Do you even count time signatures? Do you even know what scales your music's in? Keys?

46 & 2? not even Schism?

And Yes I've ignored everything that's been said in this thread because this is the biggest sin of all! This thread is over. Have fun with misogyny and Neo-left elks or whatever

well full disclosure

I literally have never heard a single note of any of their songs. :lol:

nor have I heard Phish or Primus.
my statement is based off of zero evidence, just pure vibes. 8)

I wanna know what Eddie bravo thinks of joe blowing up, and covid in general. I unfollowed him right before corona hit
The past couple years must have been a gold mine for him :lol: :lol:

well full disclosure

I literally have never heard a single note of any of their songs. :lol:

nor have I heard Phish or Primus.
my statement is based off of zero evidence, just pure vibes. 8)

im with you.. I only know these things exist

if I’ve heard any of their songs, I’d have zero clue.. if I’ve ever seen them in my life, zero clue

What if I tell you, that Rogan brings politics into those discussions tho?

You do know he “red pills”, a-political guests? This is part of the valid criticism of him, that he is a “gateway to alt right” and the harmful **** that comes from that.

A white dude who recently just testified to plotting to kill a congressmen, testified that he was radicalized by Joe Rogan & Tucker Carlson. They work hand in hand.

A quick look at Rogans Twitter/IG feed will show you just how aligned they are.

I know, this comes off as annoying or agitating to you…but if you had any real reflection, you’d recognize the simple truth to it.

For the millionth time. I’m not saying you’re a bad person. I’m not saying cancel joe Rogan. I’m simply saying…recognize what he’s doing. If you don’t care, cool…but don’t make excuses on things you have no clue or care about .
not annoying or agitating at all., I understand 100%
all good

I wanna know what Eddie bravo thinks of joe blowing up, and covid in general. I unfollowed him right before corona hit
The past couple years must have been a gold mine for him :lol: :lol:

He probably still trying to prove the 5g theory.

The problem with this take is that Trevor Noah goes on and on about context mattering

Which he is correct about

But then he gets wrong/misrepresents the context in which Rogan was spreading misinformation

The people spreading misinformation on the show were Rogan himself, and people who agreed with him.

It was not a health industry expert that corrected him that one time

I like Trevor Noah, but he stays doing **** like this

I saw that Trevor Noah vid and was just like nt wouldn’t like this. :lol:

He’s probably my favorite “news”

Shoutout to all gas no brakes though. :lol:

like clockwork
kanye really turned his stans in to "freedom fighters" :lol:

WTF would you think of Kanye when someone mentions not supporting full censorship :lol:.

Dudes will push for this then be the same ones crying when someone they support in being silenced or info is being subdued.

I know black people history in this country with censorship :lol: & people from the outside reshaping narratives as "dangerous thought"..... This happens to someone of Joe Rogans current influence & it absolutely going to trickle down to smaller platforms & anyone who doesn't appease a certain mindset.

Back
Top Bottom