Joe Rogan Podcast

And what could be keeping a radio host from having a podcast? Do older folks not use streaming apps?
in 2007?
young and old people were not using podcasts nearly as much back then.
i was listening to podcasts and I think I knew like one other person who did back then.

and Don Imus was back on radio and continued to broadcast damn near until the day he died
Joe Rogan is way more popular than imus and built his own platform that is native to the web.

I don't agree, and no use going in circles
so we can just leave it there.

The point is to not normalize them because the end result is not pleasant for a whole bunch of Americans, and we have human history to prove it.

it's already normalized, he's the most popular english language podcaster.
if you're fighting normalization, it's pretty late in the game for that.

it's already normalized, he's the most popular english language podcaster.
if you're fighting normalization, it's pretty late in the game for that.
So you argue this, then turn around and argue that you and others listen to Joe Rogan for reasons other than the ****** up **** he and his guests say

You are saying here it is normalized because look at his popularity. This implies it is the ****** up yet normalized **** that has him popular

Then turn around and talk about how there are other reasons why you and millions of others listen to Rogan

If it is a mixed bag, if you think Rogan should be engaged and can be persuaded, then it is not too late in the game to fight against those ideas on his platform

If it really is a lost cause, then that is more reason for "progressives" to want an all-out ban. Because that is the only logical option left.

You can't argue this, then turn around and argue that you and others listen to Joe Rogan for reasons other than the ****ed up **** he and his guests say

You are saying here it is normalized because look at his popularity. This implies it is the ****ed normalized up **** that has him popular

Then turn around and talk about how there are other reasons why you and millions of others listen to Rogan

If it is a mixed bag, if you think Rogan should be engaged and can be persuaded, then it is not too late in the game to fight against those ideas on his platform

If it really is a lost cause in regards to Rogan, then that is more reason for "progressives" to want an all-out ban. Because that is the only logical option left.

i don't even agree with his conception of "normalization"

I just adopting his framing to make a point about his argument,

if you think joe rogan is "normalizing" xyz, it's not like his content has changed recently so banning him is not going to stop something that's already happened.

I do think Rogan is more of a mixed bag and can be persuaded
and if at the end of all this,

Joe Rogan decides to have less covid kooks, they put up some content warnings
and he said sorry for the racism.
I think this should be an acceptable outcome.

but it seems like the outcome some people want is a total ban
which I think is 1. not possible, and 2. counter productive.

i don't even agree with his conception of "normalization"

I just adopting his framing to make a point about his argument,

if you think joe rogan is "normalizing" xyz, it's not like his content has changed recently so banning him is not going to stop something that's already happened.

I do think Rogan is more of a mixed bag and can be persuaded
and if at the end of all this,

but it seems like the outcome some people want is a total ban
which I think is 1. not possible, and 2. counter productive.
You do realize you also criticized the actions of the people that got these things to happen?

Right?

Last edited:
Bruh :lol:

I'm not even touching this

So there is not more he and Spotify can go on the subject, like you know, stop bringing on white supremacists and bring on more civil rights advocates

But nah, he apologized so that should be enough :lol:

again, im not saying you can't have an opinion on rogan, have whatever opinion you want.
Just circling back to my prior point about how bad and overall meaningless the whole "elite" framing you were using

If Jon Stewart had a different opinion, one you disagreed with, you would be dismissing his opinion not on what he said, but his "elite" staus

You ignore his "elite" status here because you agree with him

Bruh :lol:

I'm not even touching this

So there is not more he and Spotify can go on the subject, like you know, stop bringing on white supremacists and bring on more civil rights advocates

But nah, he apologized so that should be enough :lol:

this where I have an opinion that is totally fringe I will admit.

I do not care about white people hyperventilating about the n-word.
I look at that totally cynically.

white people somehow can't process racism until you say the magic words. :lol:

It's like when people would always obsess about the mythical apprentice tapes where Trump uses the N--word

nah you can't see trump racism when he says mexicans are rapists and murders
white people need him to say the magic word

Louis CK had a whole long bit on the N-word, said it in an HBO doc.
but he wasn't jerking in front of comedians it was all good.

I look at it totally cynically.

Just circling back to my prior point about how bad and overall meaningless the whole "elite" framing you were using

If Jon Stewart had a different opinion, one you disagreed with, you would be dismissing his opinion not on what he said, but his "elite" staus

You ignore his "elite" status here because you agree with him

if jon Stewart said, "no one should listen to Neil Young music because he doesn't share my opinion on Joe Rogan", I wouldn't agree with that either

this where I have an opinion that is totally fringe I will admit.

I do not care about white people hyperventilating about the n-word.
I look at that totally cynically.

white people somehow can't process racism until you say the magic words. :lol:

It's like when people would always obsess about the mythical apprentice tapes where Trump uses the N--word

nah you can't see trump racism when he says mexicans are rapists and murders
white people need him to say the magic word

Louis CK had a whole long bit on the N-word, said it in an HBO doc.
but he wasn't jerking in front of comedians it was all good.

I look at it totally cynically.
Dude, sorry, but you are complaining about white people while sounding like a white person.

Like I have been calling Joe Rogan a racist for years. In this thread

What if I think that the most famous podcaster in the world that wants everyone to think of him as being anti-racist needs to do more than just apologize?

You think I am just selectively clutching my pearls too?

You're talking to black people, using the words of a white guy defending another white guy, to tell folk his apology should be enough

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
if jon Stewart said, "no one should listen to Neil Young music because he doesn't share my opinion on Joe Rogan", I wouldn't agree with that either
That's not really what Neil Young did though

And you are didn't address anything I said

But ok, I guess, sure Osh

What I find hilarous is these same jokes and worse are shown on family guy ,south park ,the simpsons
Hell Netflix specials got worse these days

Y’all are just finding **** to throw at Rogan. This is hilarous as desperate. What he said about black people and the n word clip is vile disgusting and he’s a piece of **** for it. If they fine him millions and donate the money to a black charity or organization all good
But y’all being upset at the nonsense up there that IATT posted is hysterical

And don’t know why you keep saying that rusty . I’ll never see you in real life you saying it like it means something 😂. I have alot of respect for you and nothing against you - even prayed for your uncle when you said he got covid - you getting upset at me for my points of view is funny , all good though
This post is pathetic

Dude, you are complaining about white people while sounding like a white person.

Like I have been calling Joe Rogan a racist for years. In this thread

What if I think that the most famous podcaster in the world that wants everyone to think of him as being anti-racist needs to do more than just apologize?

You think I am just selectively clutching my pearls too?

You're talking to black people, using the words of a white guy defending another white guy, to tell folk his apology should be enough

:lol: :lol:

They not "the words of a white guy"
they are my words and I am a black person.

I admit my opinion is fringe,

I would not demand that black people or anyone agree with me.

I think I'm entitled to my own thoughts on the matter.

Again it seems like the want here is some HR manager justice.

I personally do not care about any of that.

We could never talk like this.

Yup double standard is real.

Don't really care for the grifter Rogan but anyone know how/why Howard Stern is ducking all this - is it because of his stance on 'vaccines', mandates, etc...

Looking past his stance on that, some of the stuff this OG 'Shock Jock' got away with was ridiculous. :smh: :smh: :smh:

They not "the words of a white guy"
they are my words and I am a black person.

I admit my opinion is fringe,

I would not demand that black people or anyone agree with me.

I think I'm entitled to my own thoughts on the matter.

Again it seems like the want here is some HR manager justice.

I personally do not care about any of that.
I am referring to the Jon Stewart video you posted and said you agreed with

You are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions, no one is denying you of that

But you can't claim that you are allowed to critique everyone else's opinions: Online progressives, activists, people on NT, and think that your opinion won't be critiqued too

And you said that the acceptable outcome should be the apology. So you can making a judgment on what other people should accept, where the line should be drawn

Even funnier, you call your opinion fringe given what you have said about cultural progressives

So please, I feel I was completely fair to you given what you posted.

That's not really what Neil Young did though

And you are didn't address anything I said

But ok, I guess, sure Osh

it's not the content of opinion.
it's the act of trying to enforce a minority viewpoint on the broader public,
through privilege and in group pressure, i used elite because a degree is a class signifier.
and a key polarization point in our culture.

if elite is the wrong word, well my bad.

Yup double standard is real.

Don't really care for the grifter Rogan but anyone know how/why Howard Stern is ducking all this - is it because of his stance on 'vaccines', mandates, etc...

Looking past his stance on that, some of the stuff this OG 'Shock Jock' got away with was ridiculous. :smh: :smh: :smh:

So I assume Stern is pro-vax?

What has he said in the past? I know he was a wild man.

Back
Top Bottom