Joe Rogan Podcast

Did I really see Louis CK used as a defense in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty-two?!?

And comedians been covering for the right to say dumb shh with zero consequences since forever

We learn a very simple and obvious lesson as children saying the wrong shh got consequences

it's not the content of opinion.
it's the act of trying to enforce a minority viewpoint on the broader public,
through privilege and in group pressure, i used elite because a degree is a class signifier.
and a key polarization point in our culture.

if elite is the wrong word, well my bad.
It not just using the word elite

I find the framework of the argument faulty too

I am referring to the Jon Stewart video you posted and said you agreed with

You are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions, no one is denying you of that
my bad, misunderstood.

But you can't claim that you are allowed to critique everyone else's opinions: Online progressives, activists, people on NT, and think that your opinion won't be critiqued too

And you said that the acceptable outcome should be the apology. So you can making a judgment on what other people should accept, where the line should be drawn

Even funnier, you call your opinion fringe given what you have said about cultural progressives

So please, I feel I was completely fair to you given what you posted.

By acceptable I mean, if you don't want bans, what else is their other than apologies and promises to not do it again?

my assumption is if you don't want bans I would assume this would be acceptable.
if it's not acceptable, than I assume what people really want is bans.

which I think is counter productive.

Did I really see Louis CK used as a defense in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty-two?!?

And comedians been covering for the right to say dumb shh with zero consequences since forever

We learn a very simple and obvious lesson as children saying the wrong shh got consequences

I did not defend louis ck.

Louis CK got canceled for masturbating in front of female comedians.
his cancellation doesn't even have anything to do with whatever he's said.

my point is Louis CK rose to prominence, saying the N-word in his comedy specials,
and in interviews. but conspicuously escaped reprisal for this.

so it's part of the reason I look at white N-word hysteria cynically.

By acceptable I mean, if you don't want bans, what else is their other than apologies and promises to not do it again?

my assumption is if you don't want bans I would assume this would be acceptable.
if it's not acceptable, than I assume what people really want is bans.

which I think is counter productive.
Disclaimers when he brings on a white supremacist or conspiracy theorist

Links to reputable articles and podcasts that profile the racist guess he brings on

A commitment to bring on Civil Rights advocates and academics

When Andrew Sullivan wanted to feature Charles Murray without challenge, it was employees at the New Republic that protested forced his hand to make sure everything Murrary was presenting was challenged in the same issue. So to make sure anyone that picked up the magazine knew Murrary's reputation and knew about the issues people, including his peers had with him

If Rogan and Spotify want people to believe they want to do better. Welp, maybe actually detail how you will do that.

It is weird. It seems like you have walked back to what you think the solution is. You seemed to agree with me that more speech is needed to check Rogan nonsense and force him to confront challenges to the ******* he peddles

Now your position is basically "welp, an apology is all you can get "

Disclaimers when he brings on a white supremacist or conspiracy theorist

Links to reputable articles and podcasts that profile the racist guess he brings on

Commitment to bring on Civil Rights advocates and academics

It is weird. It seems like you have walked back to what you think the solution is. You seemed to agree with me that more speech is needed to check Rogan nonsense and force him to confront challenges to the ****ery he peddles

If Rogan and Spotify want people to believe they want to do better. Welp, maybe actually detail how you will do that.

Now your position is basically "welp, an apology is all you can get "

i don't have a problem with any of that.

i'm arguing against things I think are counter-productive like total deplatfomring.

but i believe you want to substantively want to improve things,
it's harder for me to believe other people when they demand
more extreme, and less effective measures.

i don't have a problem with any of that.

i'm arguing against things I think are counter-productive like total deplatfomring.

but i believe you want to substantively want to improve things,
it's harder for me to believe other people when they demand
more extreme, and less effective measures.
Fair enough

So you argue this, then turn around and argue that you and others listen to Joe Rogan for reasons other than the ****ed up **** he and his guests say

You are saying here it is normalized because look at his popularity. This implies it is the ****ed up yet normalized **** that has him popular

Then turn around and talk about how there are other reasons why you and millions of others listen to Rogan

If it is a mixed bag, if you think Rogan should be engaged and can be persuaded, then it is not too late in the game to fight against those ideas on his platform

If it really is a lost cause, then that is more reason for "progressives" to want an all-out ban. Because that is the only logical option left.
You can summarize his position as "let's not do anything or we'll make things worse," which only makes sense outside the historical and sociological context of the last 100-120 years.

Like I said before, if this were the 1950s, dude would be among those smug black folks who criticized the bus boycotts.

if it's not acceptable, than I assume what people really want is bans.whichh I think is counter productive.
You're constructing your argument from a conclusion that is not correct.

Banning/boycotting/deplatforming/cancelling is not counterproductive. People use this tactic BECAUSE it works. Rogan didn't apologize before the backlash against Spotify; he did it after. Furthermore,while such an action doesn't always hurt the revenues of the targeted entity, it often hurts its reputation, and in the case of extremists, deplatforming negatively impacts their recruitment efforts.

But you don't want to hear it because you don't like it.

my point is Louis CK rose to prominence, saying the N-word in his comedy specials,
and in interviews. but conspicuously escaped reprisal for this.

so it's part of the reason I look at white N-word hysteria cynically.

him dropping N bombs dont make any of this shh better

just means he been around the wrong black people.. or the right black people, as he would be concerned

i cant look at chris rock the same no more

him dropping N bombs dont make any of this shh better

just means he been around the wrong black people.. or the right black people, as he would be concerned

i cant look at chris rock the same no more

I really ain’t feel how Chris Rock’s voice and tone changed up in this setting. **** uncomfortable.

Seinfield actually being the Seinfeld gif. He’s the bare minimum voice of reason.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris...uis-ck-and-the-myth-of-the-down-***-white-guy

I really ain’t feel how Chris Rock’s voice and tone changed up in this setting. **** uncomfortable.

Seinfield actually being the Seinfeld gif. He’s the bare minimum voice of reason.

Jerry probably didn't want to spoil the vibe of the discussion (which is cowardice), but at least he had common sense in the situation. The "nor do I seek it" was a nice low key jab at the end

Last edited:
All of these folks recovered, but some of yall want to pretend disrespecting black folks really puts folks in "time out."

273021727_2473724422758266_7037945587848908566_n.jpg

as I said to rusty not all activist positions are bad.
Trans women in sports is an example where I agree with more with activist position.

but I would also tell them it's a bad idea to try to make
"I don't think trans women should compete in women's sports"
a opinion that you try to shun or suppress people for having.
Yet another internal contradiction. You mustn't oppose popularly held prejudices... well, sometimes you can...

For the umpteenth time, we're not talking about government regulation of personal speech, we're talking about individuals choosing to sever their voluntary association with a private company selling hate speech as a commodity.
It's not even about their "right" to sell this garbage; it's about our right withhold our support from those who do, and demand better of those who seek our patronage.

it's not the same thing distribution of art and culture to a broad and ideologically diverse audience, because of pressure from in group consumers banning rogan totally
imo that's not productive.
So the only element necessary to make hate speech unassailable in your view is a beat .

I don't think the rules of network television should apply to the rest of socitey.
We were talking about CBS radio, but whatever. Feel free to make up some other arbitrary "distinction" to your already jumbled argument as a rationalization.

I'm done watching you run around in circles.

We get it. It's different because it's different and it's bad because you think it's bad.

Seriously: this is the guy you're riding with?! How is this even a discussion?

A company made this guy's show their flagship program and if I prefer not to give them my business as a result, in your view that's "bad" and "not productive."
Yeah, I'll take that under advisement.

I do not care about white people hyperventilating about the n-word.
I look at that totally cynically.

It sounds to me like you don't care about White people using that word.

All they have to do is call it "art."

How about we do it this way, are Jews the only major demographic left that he hasn’t said something blatantly offensive towards?

I have seen more clips, news & updates on Rogan in the past week than i have in years. **** advertising dollars when you could piss off black people for the free, get your attention & skate off free.

soooooo is there any group that this dude hasn’t said something blatantly offensive towards?

any native american comments?

Don't know about him personally, but he let Alex Jones come on and rant about Native Americans being genetically susceptible to mind control

Back
Top Bottom