Joe Rogan Podcast

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx yea authority meaning since Rogan has many viewers he is held as in authoritative position. So to argue with authority you are generally arguing with the popularity that comes with the view, position or person.

I'm not saying he is specifically an authority on anything because the podcast features many topics, so i have to say that in more of the general sense.

most of these dudes is frauds...they'll tout comedians expousing their political hot takes, as long as their toeing da line of da party affiliation they agree with, as soon as it isn't nsync with their tribe, they'll be quick to dismiss em...

see da slurpage of da daily show, colbert, john oliver, bill maher..etc...

i listen to all those guys, and joe rogan, greg gutfeld, dennis miller, adam corolla, etc.

being a well rounded centrist/independent > hunkering down in a polarized team.

i miss Jay Leno..he was da best.

Rule of thumb, anything that ninjahood ninjahood supports so fervently likely has issues with credibility and/or the use facts to come to sound conclusions.

You listed 4 comedians who's main schtict is their political leanings. I'v followed all four for a time, and was turned off by how biased and self centered their points seemed to always get...especially a guy like Bill Maher.

You can tout all the people you listen to as if it's some sort of badge of honor, and try to throw insults on the back of that, but I find more value in critically thinking about whether this person has something of substance to share, or is just benefiting off the sentimentalization of a topic. People like Greg Gutfeld and Bill Maher I can see, without a doubt, that after watching and listening to them talk for a few years, were only taking part in the discussion for their own personal benefit. The points mattered less to them than the response they got.

Like I said though, to each his own.

Rule of thumb, anything that ninjahood ninjahood supports so fervently likely has issues with credibility and/or the use facts to come to sound conclusions.

i feverishly do my knowledge on jewelry and jerseys, and i would pretty much mop da floor with anything you say about da subject...see what happens when you make blanket statements? :lol:

rule of thumb should be absorb facts from everywhere, and make proper conclusions from there..not just from your bias.

You listed 4 comedians who's main schtict is their political leanings

most of those comedians didn't start with politics...this is where you sound naive.

john stewart is still MTV VJ to me wit da leather jacket, adam corolla is still MTV loveline to me, Dennis miller is still Saturday night live..etc. etc. etc...

da reality is you hunkered down on one side head first and anything that challenges ur tribe you recoil accordingly.

da man literlly said "both sides got *** holes you can spot cuz they slip into this groove" ya just listen to whats convenient. :lol:

most of those comedians didn't start with politics...this is where you sound naive.

john stewart is still MTV VJ to me wit da leather jacket, adam corolla is still MTV loveline to me, Dennis miller is still Saturday night live..etc. etc. etc...

da reality is you hunkered down on one side head first and anything that challenges ur tribe you recoil accordingly.
Oh we wanna go down the semantics road debating whether or not I meant/knew where their comedy careers began.

Come on fam, my point still stands. And I don't regularly watch any of the people you listed.

But again, to each his own. Not sure why you can't accept that I'm not willing to subscribe to your logic here.

Oh we wanna go down the semantics road debating whether or not I meant/knew where their comedy careers began.

Come on fam, my point still stands. And I don't regularly watch any of the people you listed.

da lack of knowledge of their careers is your fault, not mine. da onus is on you to actually know what your talking about before you spew your rule of thumb smear on me.

I’ve been a Rogan fanboy since 2013. His podcast changed my life. With that said, his emphasis on how cultural appropriation, gender pronouns and identity politics is the start of the end of the world is hugely exaggerated.

You know that kid who grew up in Compton with a 15 year old mother who lives in an apartment with boarded windows? He doesn’t give a **** about what gender people want to call themselves. Most people don’t, especially minorities in America.

Those issues are the definition of white ignorance. NOT malice, but simply ignorance. If you are white, you cannot, and will not ever understand some of the struggles middle to low class minorities face. Rogans inability to acknowledge this ignorance is what frustrates me. He mentions white privilege isn’t the problem, racism is. Sure, but failure to recognize white privilege is a real thing and exists is also a problem.

Actually just got into an argument with my very white girlfriend about this issue.

Yeah, the more I hear him talk about politics and social issues the less I like the guy.

As others said, it’s great when he talks to people in mma, celebrities, or archaeologists.

You know that kid who grew up in Compton with a 15 year old mother who lives in an apartment with boarded windows? He doesn’t give a **** about what gender people want to call themselves. Most people don’t, especially minorities in America.

Those issues are the definition of white ignorance. NOT malice, but simply ignorance. If you are white, you cannot, and will not ever understand some of the struggles middle to low class minorities face.

that goes both ways thou...id b lying my *** off if i tried to talk about issues trailer park poor white folks in fly over country experience in depth compared to my nyc life.

funny thing about all these clips is they have been talked about years ago like in various threads before rogan even spoken on them...

its good my best friend into joe rogan now cuz i could actually converse about topics with someone i really care about, and not just faceless NTers on da internet.

just saw on ig, rogan did a pod with killer mike.

somethin tells me he aint gonna get in rogan **** like he should.

curious to see how it plays out.

EDIT:

listening now...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom