Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

im not a fan of the bonus tracks either... i was expecting a lot more from the track with bronson & teach me was flat out painful to listen to :lol:

I really dug the album as well. I picked it up along with Lupe's on release day and I am really glad to have bought it. Joey is one of my current favourite emcees and aside from Escape 120 (I did like Raury's verse) it's a great record. It was pretty pretty well, every song flowed well into the next. His flows were ill too, I might add, as was the production. I really wish Paper Trail$ had been the first track, it just has such a grand feeling to it, but I still like the actual opening song. A great album to start the year. I am sure it will still be in my top ten by years end.

I really enjoy it overall. The production is dope. One thing that kind of bothers me is that he had verses from new people rather than pro era members. I have nothing against them but he's been pushing his crew on every tape and theyre barely on there.

I loved more of the soulful records on the album like curry chicken, on and on and save the children. curry chicken touches my soul.

Is it just me or is Piece of Mind pretty much Wave$ Pt.2?

Was gonna post this as well. It's definitely on some Waves vibe, though the oG is preferred. POM was the best track on the album IMO.

Freddie is that dude though. Vastly underrated producer.

Enjoy. 
pimp.gif

Unreleased Joey Bad***** x Flying Lotus Track Radio Rip

Finally got around to listening to his mixtape. Dude is definitely dope. I just can't fully enjoy it because of the many features.

Back
Top Bottom