Joey Porter calling out Matt Jones

Why should he shut up? He plays way better when he puts pressure on himself by yappin.
U don't want porter on ur team cus he's speakin his mind?
smh.gif

I'd love to have him on the rams
He played just like this in pittsburgh and he ran his mouth the same way.

Joey P is whuppin !$+ n takin names

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

You know what I'm hoping for? I hope Porter finishes off a MONSTER year, and then we trade the guy. He hasn't shut up since the New England game.
smh.gif

Dude is killing me.

Point or not, shut the hell up Joey.

Serious? Joey Porter might be Defensive player of the year and you wanna trade him?

Defensive leader and you wanna trade that away?

laugh.gif
You usually on point, but I just don't get that one.

^
I'm more of the "we just won 1 game in a whole season, don't win a couple and then start yappin" mind set.

We haven't done jack. We won some games against teams missing key guys.

Brady, Lights out, Shoebel, Champ, LT was nursin, we're gettin by, we're improved, but we are NOT in the position to be runnin our gums.

Why was Porter so quiet last season? Cuz we sucked, why do he have the right to yell at whoever he wants now?

Win games, make plays, do it full year, playoff included, then he can talk if he wants. But right now I would just perfer to lay low and not piss off everyother team in the league.

We really gonna pound our chests over beating the Hawks, Rams, Raiders, 9ers and MAYBE sneak into the playoffs? That gives us the right to yap?

I don't think so.

You know what I'm hoping for? I hope Porter finishes off a MONSTER year, and then we trade the guy. He hasn't shut up since the New England game.
smh.gif

Dude is killing me.

How can you say that? Hes a motivator we need someone in the locker room like that, we all know Crowder or, Bell wont be that guy.

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness

smh.gif

Dude is killing me.

How can you say that? Hes a motivator we need someone in the locker room like that, we all know Crowder or, Bell wont be that guy.

Are we a super bowl contender right now? That's what we want. Porter is great this season, no doubt, but sooner or later he starts to decline, we need totrade while value is high to add some more youth and playmakers to the team. In 2 years, if Bill drafts right and our kids grow into those playmakers, then wehave a chance to contend pretty soon.

I'm not sayin trade him for a 5th rounder, just see what we could get. If someone offers us multiple picks, or even future 1's or 2's whatever,shiiiiiii he gone.

peezy and his popcorn muscles still talkin?
wait he leads the NFL in sacks so I guess he can say whatever he wants to a certain degree. Pittsburgh still doin good after they let him go too is whatsurprises me
pimp.gif

Wait . . . he's still playing because he appealed the suspension(geez, never heard of anyone doing that before), and that appeal could very well beunsuccessfull. What's this about a double standard?
ohwell.gif
Cry about it when his suspension's overturned. Until then Porter and numerous other's inthis thread just look stupid . .

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Joey more than speaks the truth....

I'm just thinkin like: Matt Jones gets caught with coke and it's been pretty much swept under the rug. Larry Johnson spits a drink on a chick, and nobody can remember when he last played... and Pacman can't even fight his own bodyguard.
why dont you just come out and say it's racism
indifferent.gif

LJ can appeal the suspension but he hasnt and Pacman is just an idiot, stop trying to defend him

Because I'm really not one to play the race card... but felony cocaine charges?? This ain't a misdemeanor marijuana charge... this is a felonycocaine charge. Police found the dude cutting up coke with a credit card. Kevin Faulk (of all people) even caught a one-game suspension for weed.... and MattJones still hasn't been suspended for COKE.

And as far as whoever said stop defending Pacman... I'll be the first to admit he's the dumbest #!@+# living. But I think you have to feel it's alittle bizarre that he gets an indefinite for getting drunk and fighting his bodyguard (I know liquor broke his re-instatement conditions), but Jones is stillplaying after getting caught preparing to snort.

And Larry Johnson probably would've gotten more games suspended by the league if the Chiefs hadn't already deactivated him for 3 weeks.... just myopinion.

^^ The article says that Jones HAS been suspended for coke, 3 games. He appealed it and they're still awaiting the decision. Again, cry about it when theyoverturn it. Until then . .

Originally Posted by MrBigBusiness

smh.gif

Dude is killing me.

Are we a super bowl contender right now? That's what we want. Porter is great this season, no doubt, but sooner or later he starts to decline, we need to trade while value is high to add some more youth and playmakers to the team. In 2 years, if Bill drafts right and our kids grow into those playmakers, then we have a chance to contend pretty soon.

I'm not sayin trade him for a 5th rounder, just see what we could get. If someone offers us multiple picks, or even future 1's or 2's whatever, shiiiiiii he gone.
Yeah I can agree to that, only cause we have bill though. He will do the right thing. Then unfortunately walk away from us in 3 years

How does the suspension appeal system work in the NFL. I know in the CFL, if there is an appeal, the player can continue to play their games in between.

AJ Gass took an opposing player's helmet, ripped it off his head, threw it 40 yards downfield. He was suspended, appealed it, and won his case (theindividual who made the ruling was a lifetime fan of the team he played for...). Anyway, my Riders played those Eskimos in between, and AJ made a huge playthat changed the game... more of a vent than anything.

My point is, to appeal it, it is a stupid system. However, its usually the only way to do it, so that if there is a false suspension, the player doesnt missany time.

Still though, stupid as hell.

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Joey more than speaks the truth....

I'm just thinkin like: Matt Jones gets caught with coke and it's been pretty much swept under the rug. Larry Johnson spits a drink on a chick, and nobody can remember when he last played... and Pacman can't even fight his own bodyguard.
why dont you just come out and say it's racism
indifferent.gif

LJ can appeal the suspension but he hasnt and Pacman is just an idiot, stop trying to defend him

Because I'm really not one to play the race card... but felony cocaine charges?? This ain't a misdemeanor marijuana charge... this is a felony cocaine charge. Police found the dude cutting up coke with a credit card. Kevin Faulk (of all people) even caught a one-game suspension for weed.... and Matt Jones still hasn't been suspended for COKE.

And as far as whoever said stop defending Pacman... I'll be the first to admit he's the dumbest #!@+# living. But I think you have to feel it's a little bizarre that he gets an indefinite for getting drunk and fighting his bodyguard (I know liquor broke his re-instatement conditions), but Jones is still playing after getting caught preparing to snort.

And Larry Johnson probably would've gotten more games suspended by the league if the Chiefs hadn't already deactivated him for 3 weeks.... just my opinion.
MATT JONES SUSPENSION IS THE MAXIMUM

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!

He is allowed to appeal, Goodell has no control over that...he is a commissioner not a dictator

Matt Jones responded
laugh.gif

"I don't even know why he's even thinking about me," Jones said. "I mean, maybe he likes other men and sits up and thinks about stuff, so I don't know. ... Is Joey Porter the commissioner? Then why would I even worry about it?"

Yea the appeal is in process but a 9 week process...

The length of that appeal doesn't seem a bit much?

Back
Top Bottom