Jogger pants...

Am i the only fan of jogger pants that doesn't like the elastic "bunched up" cuff at the bottom? That's the reason i haven't jumped on the zanerobe's or the publish joints.... Bunched up wrinkled cuff looks terrible IMO, that's why i Like the Kith mercers, because they have a smoother aesthetic with the sweatpant cuff (no wrinkles or elastic that like the ones mygrandma used to wear)...

Sad thing is, I can never find mercers under $200 (since they sell out immediately)... I def hope levis or Gap makes some pairs...

I do have the H&M tapered Slim cuff Sweatpants and they're comfy AF and were only a DUB.

View media item 599189
The lady and I on a flight, I prefer to fly COMFY... Runners and sweats/shorts....

That little bit of leg room.....comfy woulda been first class brah.

I got some of the Cotton On ones.... They are super thin. Will only wear them around the house.

I sized up to a XXL and they still kinda look a bit fruity.

Like the jogger pant concept but don't think it works for me.

May try on a pair of the Publish ones just to satisfy my curiosity.

This. I'm mad at myself for this though.

Naw bruh, I regret nothing I wore 5 years ago, except jorts. Everything else could/would still be worn. I'm not about trends anymore, I'm about building timeless style

These are just like the tapered pants soccer players wear though and plus if you don't have any fruity colors these can be rocked any time in the future.

If you want to wear them 5 years from now that's cool, but I want be wearing them. You don't have to convince me fam, do what makes you happy i guess. I'm just saying that I don't buy clothing I can't see myself wearing for a while

Am i the only fan of jogger pants that doesn't like the elastic "bunched up" cuff at the bottom? That's the reason i haven't jumped on the zanerobe's or the publish joints.... Bunched up wrinkled cuff looks terrible IMO, that's why i Like the Kith mercers, because they have a smoother aesthetic with the sweatpant cuff (no wrinkles or elastic that like the ones mygrandma used to wear)...

Sad thing is, I can never find mercers under $200 (since they sell out immediately)... I def hope levis or Gap makes some pairs...

I do have the H&M tapered Slim cuff Sweatpants and they're comfy AF and were only a DUB.

Yup, im right along with you. The Mercer joints is the style I like. I got every color in the H&M sweats last fall and copped the black ones a couple weeks ago since they just made them this year. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of tan and camo Mercer joints or any other brand that makes them like that. I picked up a camo pair of the Philip Lim x Target sweats but havent worn em yet cuz they seem too thin to me. Feel more like pajamas lol

You could call them fresh.... def not stylish.... but fresh.... they got a strong 80s vibe... I like em

10x Better then the plain navy, grey or black nut hugger sweats that I see most cats wearing

Nobody in the 80's was wearing stuff like this, I'm born in the early 80's this is some new age crap :lol:

Nobody in the 80's was wearing stuff like this, I'm born in the early 80's this is some new age crap
laugh.gif
What?  The 80s was easily the worst decade of fashion in the last 30 years. Yeah, no one was wearing stuff like this. They were wearing oastel colors, Zubaz, leg warmers, and other gym apparel as regular clothes. Born in the early 80s as if you remember the staple pieces of that era. Give me a break.

Settle down.

40% of America doesn't represent everybody.
And if your had any memory of sweats in the 80's through 90's it was mostl bodybuiders
And white people wearing those atrocious zebra rainbow colored missy eliott sized sweats.
I can assure you no one was wearing snake skin leather drop crotch joggers

You could call them fresh.... def not stylish.... but fresh.... they got a strong 80s vibe... I like em

10x Better then the plain navy, grey or black nut hugger sweats that I see most cats wearing

Nobody in the 80's was wearing stuff like this, I'm born in the early 80's this is some new age crap :lol:

what are you talking about?

mad people were rocking Jogger pants style jeans in the 80's.

Settle down.

40% of America doesn't represent everybody.
And if your had any memory of sweats in the 80's through 90's it was mostl bodybuiders
And white people wearing those atrocious zebra rainbow colored missy eliott sized sweats.
I can assure you no one was wearing snake skin leather drop crotch joggers

First of, I don't know where you got that number from, but 40% of America represents a HUGE percentage of the population.

Plus you have to think about the fact that, according to the Population Reference Bureau, during the 80's the elderly population made up over 11% of the population (http://www.prb.org/pdf11/aging-in-america.pdf).

This means that, if you take away the elderly population who we can safely say never follow the contemporary dressing trends and therefore didn't make up any of the jogger pants population, then just slightly over half the population was wearing this kind of stuff.

When looking at a nation's population, 51% represents such a huge number that slightly over half can be taken as the majority.

This means that, according to the figure you just put out there, a majority of americans in the 80's actually were wearing jogger pants-style pantaloons and trousers.

Last edited:
Nobody in the 80's was wearing stuff like this, I'm born in the early 80's this is some new age crap 
laugh.gif
Early 80s? At 5 years old (around mid decade) how observant could you have been in regards to fashion?

Last edited:
So you're telling me that nobody wore pants with elastic at the bottom in the 80's? Be they jeans, sweats, khakis or any other variation? You have to be kidding. I'll just assume you only looked at the initial picture on page one and made your statement based on that.

So hard to believe I could remember that far back?

No I didn't say ppl never wire elastic please read again

40% is not so large, especially when one of the 2 groups I accounted for is considered an activity or hobby
And the other group was largely the influence where that trend was catching on.
I'm throwing out percentages tahat aren't exact but I can tell you most ppl
Weren't wearing drop crotch or animal leather print sweats if your arguing otherwise
Then I beg to differ

Like I said, i guess you're referring to the initial picture on page one and not jogger pants in general. This thread has been more about the style of pants in general rather than the few examples of printed ones in that picture. So if you're saying no one in the 80's was wearing snakeskin printed pants then yes, you may be correct, but if you're insinuating that no one in the 80's was wearing slim pants with elastic cuffs at the bottom (i.e "Joggers") then you are incorrect.

Yup, im right along with you. The Mercer joints is the style I like. I got every color in the H&M sweats last fall and copped the black ones a couple weeks ago since they just made them this year. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of tan and camo Mercer joints or any other brand that makes them like that. I picked up a camo pair of the Philip Lim x Target sweats but havent worn em yet cuz they seem too thin to me. Feel more like pajamas lol

Mad i missed out on the PLxTarget camo pair... wanted to turn em into shorts... lmk if you've seen em locally (still) or wanna get rid of your pair... I just wanna lounge in em...

Def mad i didn't rack up on more of the H&M sweats... at that price point, you couldn't really go wrong smh...

Def want some mercers, but i dunno if i'm about that $200-for-pants life just yet.... Retail - $150, maybe... Anything higher, and I wanna buy some kicks...

Like I said, i guess you're referring to the initial picture on page one and not jogger pants in general. This thread has been more about the style of pants in general rather than the few examples of printed ones in that picture. So if you're saying no one in the 80's was wearing snakeskin printed pants then yes, you may be correct, but if you're insinuating that no one in the 80's was wearing slim pants with elastic cuffs at the bottom (i.e "Joggers") then you are incorrect.

That's exactly what I'm saying.
Didn't think it was really that hard to decipher a simple point instead of trying to argue for the sake of proving me wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom