John Elliott + Co Thread

just a couple of flannels and restocking on some more anti expo tees. I want a couple pieces of denim but i already have too man.

Needed another washed black AE but my size is gone :sick: definitely picking up some greys.

Do you guys dry clean all your JE denim? I love the look, but I try to avoid dry clean only garments.

Almost all JE denim is prewashed (not raw), so throwing them in the wash (gentle cold, no agitator) and hanging them to dry won't kill them. That being said, dry cleaning will prolong the fade/wash and factory whiskers. Not washing will prolong the factory stacks and folds.

The whole no wash thing really only applies to new raw denim, or of personal preference/cleanliness. Doesn't hurt to clean them up once in a while.

Thanks for the input everyone. I do wash my denim on occasion I just want a pair that I can throw in the washer now and again when they need it.

I haven’t bought denim in forever and just took my normal size I have in all my workwear pants and chinos, did I goof on sizing? I’m assuming they’ll stretch some too
nope, you should be fine. And yes, they will stretch. At first, you'll probably think you goofed. But trust, they do stretch.

I machine wash/dry my JE denim regularly. Same with all my other JE pieces. Just use delicate settings.

Only thing I’d be careful about putting through the machine are pieces with metal tips on the drawstrings. I lost a metal tip off the drawstrings of my grey cargos and ruined the drawstrings of two pairs of b-ball shorts in the dryer.

Copped black vintage fleece sweatpants, washed black LS classic tee, and black LS classic tee with the VIP discount :pimp:

Wanted to try a pair of these new rio sweatpants out to replace an old pair of Escobar’s but they were excluded.

Last edited:
I'm looking at getting a pair of black JE denim. I've read good things about the Onyx, but everyone in this thread seems to suggest the Carbons. Anyone have both or have thoughts on the differences? Would appreciate the info.

I'm looking at getting a pair of black JE denim. I've read good things about the Onyx, but everyone in this thread seems to suggest the Carbons. Anyone have both or have thoughts on the differences? Would appreciate the info.

Onyx is no good imo. Out of the 8-9 pairs I bought this year, they were my least favorite. They run big. Wide waist and sloppy taper/too long.

carbons over onyx all day. Onyx are the only JE denim i’ve sold because i wasn’t overly pleased with the fit

Back
Top Bottom