John Elliott + Co Thread

Got the Steelhead in today and it's super nice in person. Can't wait to throw it on.

IMG_0781.jpeg
IMG_0780.jpeg

:pimp:

I wear LS University tees pretty much every day and I have many colors. I have not bought new ones in a while.

I just went to buy more and they are fronting with the price markup for the tie dye pieces. I don’t ever remember them being this expensive. The pricing isn’t even consistent either like some are $248 some are $278. This is a $130-160 markup for tie dye... What am I missing here?

Don’t get me wrong I love this shirt and just ordered more with some Himalayan pants :pimp:

Bogota bomber just landed

...damn, I paid $350 for this? I can't believe this thing retails for $500.

If anyone missed the sale and wants to cop (olive, small) for what I paid + shipping hmu

IMG_9652.JPG

Last edited:
What don't you like about it?
fit + construction. it seems like it might be warm enough, but it is extremely thin and 'flimsy' for lack of a better word. I expected something more substantial and with a bit of heft to it. the fit is OK in the shoulders and the length is fine, but the sleeves are monstrously bulky (not only long but ridiculously wide).

The whole thing is very puffy, again without having much weight to it, it's like a windbreaker or something. I've owned multiple jackets (Zara, Schott) that seemed much nicer and for well under half the price. I thought I was upgrading, but nah

also minor gripe about no interior pockets, but I knew that going in.

fit + construction. it seems like it might be warm enough, but it is extremely thin and 'flimsy' for lack of a better word. I expected something more substantial and with a bit of heft to it. the fit is OK in the shoulders and the length is fine, but the sleeves are monstrously bulky (not only long but ridiculously wide).

The whole thing is very puffy, again without having much weight to it, it's like a windbreaker or something. I've owned multiple jackets (Zara, Schott) that seemed much nicer and for well under half the price. I thought I was upgrading, but nah

also minor gripe about no interior pockets, but I knew that going in.

Got it. JE is hit or miss for me. Some of their stuff is amazing. Others are whatever and extremely overpriced. Their hits are great though.

Got it. JE is hit or miss for me. Some of their stuff is amazing. Others are whatever and extremely overpriced. Their hits are great though.
Yeah, I've been wanting to try their denim, specifically the Cast 2, but ironically enough I haven't yet cause I'm concerned about not being able to try on/return lol. Like I said before I guess I just felt like taking a risk with this item, unfortunately now I have to figure out what to do with it.

Yeah, I've been wanting to try their denim, specifically the Cast 2, but ironically enough I haven't yet cause I'm concerned about not being able to try on/return lol. Like I said before I guess I just felt like taking a risk with this item, unfortunately now I have to figure out what to do with it.
Cast 2 carbon is a must own for any man. Lol trust.

is there a retailer near you that carries JE? stop in and try on a bunch of stuff so you can find out your size and see what works for you.

Last edited:
is there a retailer near you that carries JE? stop in and try on a bunch of stuff so you can find out your size and what works for you.

Good looks. I'm in Brooklyn, so I've actually got access to all kinds of ****.

Meant to hit up the flagship last time I was in LA but ran short on time

Last edited:
diff ones have diff fits....which ones you lookin at?

and whats the look you're goin for? we can toss recommendations based on that

Looking at the Escobar sweats. I like the fit of them since I’m looking for something that’s baggier but still tapered at the ends. Wish they didn’t have the stitching around the knee like biker denim but I think I can pull it off lol

If you're looking for baggier, I don't think Escobars are necessarily going to fit the bill unless you intend on sizing up. Others can chime in on that one.

Bogota bomber just landed

...damn, I paid $350 for this? I can't believe this thing retails for $500.

If anyone missed the sale and wants to cop (olive, small) for what I paid + shipping hmu

I hate that it didn't work out for you. You should list the JE B-S-T thread on Styleforum or Grailed.

Looking at the Escobar sweats. I like the fit of them since I’m looking for something that’s baggier but still tapered at the ends. Wish they didn’t have the stitching around the knee like biker denim but I think I can pull it off lol

Checkout the LA Sweatpants.

yeah escobars arent relaxed or baggy.....theyre slim soccer-style joggers like tiros. the rio sweats are close to escobar fit without the knee detail.

if you want a more relaxed fit, try LA like CARTEL777 CARTEL777 linked (JE needs to restock!) or sochi sweats which have an elastic cinch/toggle at the hem.

revolve carries JE and has a pretty good return policy. same with nordstrom.

I'd suggest sizing up on whatever pair you buy... I ordered a pair of Escos last year BF sale and they were so tight in my TTS that I could barely get them on. Also, the tighter they are out of the box... the more they knees and *** may potentially bag out.

Really want the 26oz washed black LA Sweats... but need on sale

Back
Top Bottom