John Elliott + Co Thread

y'all some bad influences.
Layers well, the split level hems look good on any t-shirt, dropped shoulders goes along the current baggy hoodie trend, without being so baggy. It is slightly cropped, fyi.
I look at the Kake's i have and say why do i need 5 of these? and this is all while I contemplate copping the Dune color.
Black, Grey, and Oak are enough for me. Wish they would have restocked white. FYI - Grey is poly so its slightly slimmer.

kake is the best hoodie they have. 

people should stop saying baggie hoodies is a trend because hoodies weren't originally form fitting like the villain. 

imo slim hoodies is a trend. 

these kake's fit perfect they aren't even that baggy (unless you are a manorexic).

they are very comfortable.  

kake is the best hoodie they have. 

people should stop saying baggie hoodies is a trend because hoodies weren't originally form fitting like the villain. 

imo slim hoodies is a trend. 

these kake's fit perfect they aren't even that baggy (unless you are a manorexic).

they are very comfortable.  
Should have said "oversized" instead of baggy. Dropped shoulders (on a guy) are def a trend. And its cropped, exaggerating the look further. 

IMO, it's not a timeless piece, but it fits perfectly with what is trending in fashion at the moment. Will agree, very comfortable and not too heavy.

really? i think my black kake looks like a regular hoodie...can't see it going out of style.

really? i think my black kake looks like a regular hoodie...can't see it going out of style.
I just think it's JE's interpretation of current trends thrown in with social media hype.

Their flash hoodie is more timeless and will get much more wear over the years since its a simple hoodie made from premium materials and construction with dual zips albeit slim. But it's simple and boring, not flashy/trendy/. It's also cheaper than the kake. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
can y'all post some fit pics. al making me really interested now. even the cropped hoodies looked interdasting
Hold up , they still make their flash zips w two zips!?????

Y'all are sleeping on the mercer half zips. I like them more than Villains right now. Need a grey Kake.

Last edited:

can y'all post some fit pics. al making me really interested now. even the cropped hoodies looked interdasting
Hold up , they still make their flash zips w two zips!?????
I'd check out Styleforums for fit pics. I personally don't take or post em.

EDIT: hope this dude doesn't mind, but pulled from SF (dude has on sashiko denim, sashiko t shirt, kake hoodie, and suede combat boots, 5'11" 180):

As for the Flash hoodies, Notre's got one on their site. On JE's site, you gotta search for them, its not listed in under any categories:

https://www.johnelliott.co/products/flash-dual-fullzip-black

Drop down for different colors, there are a few sizes left of each. Would have been nice if they released a Dune Flash (not re-released the Sand version).

Last edited:
You know what size he is wearing? Was going to cop a raglan, but went with 3 pants instead because my waste is consistent between brands, top not so much.

Last edited:

I'd check out Styleforums for fit pics. I personally don't take or post em.

EDIT: hope this dude doesn't mind, but pulled from SF (dude has on sashiko denim, sashiko t shirt, kake hoodie, and suede combat boots, 5'11" 180):

As for the Flash hoodies, Notre's got one on their site. On JE's site, you gotta search for them, its not listed in under any categories:

https://www.johnelliott.co/products/flash-dual-fullzip-black

Drop down for different colors, there are a few sizes left of each. Would have been nice if they released a Dune Flash (not re-released the Sand version).
see to me this kake isn't oversized or baggy at all

im not as big as dude but mine fits similar. just drapes a little more. 

i think that guy said hes 5'10 180. To me in that picture the kake actually looks really cropped, like too cropped.

see to me this kake isn't oversized or baggy at all

im not as big as dude but mine fits similar. just drapes a little more. 
i think that guy said hes 5'10 180. To me in that picture the kake actually looks really cropped, like too cropped.
I think it's his build, hes got a wide upper torso, probably makes the kake look more cropped. Personally, I think he should have sized up one more. Compare to this, which I think is one or two sizes up. Use the shoulder/sleeve seam for reference:

vs the JE model, which IMO is optimal (compare the distance between the bottom of the front hem vs where the sleeve ends, its maybe at most a few inches):

Moral of this story, I think you have to purchase your first kake at full price (where you can return it for the correct size if its too big/small), then look for deals. $224 is hefty for a hoodie, need to size it appropriately for the look you're going for.

I think it's his build, hes got a wide upper torso, probably makes the kake look more cropped. Personally, I think he should have sized up one more. Compare to this, which I think is one or two sizes up. Use the shoulder/sleeve seam for reference:

vs the JE model, which IMO is optimal (compare the distance between the bottom of the front hem vs where the sleeve ends, its maybe at most a few inches):

Moral of this story, I think you have to purchase your first kake at full price (where you can return it for the correct size if its too big/small), then look for deals. $224 is hefty for a hoodie, need to size it appropriately for the look you're going for.
i went with the same size as my villain

Back
Top Bottom