JOHN LEGEND Vs ROBIN THICKE

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
roll.gif
@ John Legend being the best R&B singer of our time.....

laugh.gif
roll.gif
@ "Once Again" being the best R&B album of the past 10 years....

Voodoo is FAAAAAAR >>>>>>>>>> than Once Again...

and I also see that dude who posted that opinion had a bout of amnesia when he forgot Confessions....
indifferent.gif

Like I said, anybody comparing Confessions or any teenybopper RnB artist must be either a girl or in high school..

Bigmike, I already posted how I feel about artists like r.kelly,112,jagged edge,ginuwine . They were coo in high school but aint no way that's grown man music.

You must not like/enjoy sex bruh. I really feel bad for you (no sarcasm).
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

and I also see that dude who posted that opinion had a bout of amnesia when he forgot Confessions....
indifferent.gif

Like I said, anybody comparing Confessions or any teenybopper RnB artist must be either a girl or in high school..

Bigmike, I already posted how I feel about artists like r.kelly,112,jagged edge,ginuwine . They were coo in high school but aint no way that's grown man music.
That might be the single most moronic thing I have seen here in the Music forum over the past couple of days. If you're gonna try to labelfolks who think Confessions is > Once Again, as girls or young, then back up your reasons as to WHY. You are basically saying that Confessions has noreplay value (cool in HS, but it's not "grown man" music).

Also, I love you had no answer for me saying that Voodoo is a better album than Once Again....

Off the top of my head, here are a few albums from my collection that I feel are far superior to Once Again.

Voodoo
1st Born Second
Who is Jill Scott?
Get Lifted
Comin' From Where I'm From
Kemistry
Confessions
Songs in A Minor

*I would have put FS/LS in there...but JT got some HEAVY production from Tim...still one of my favorite albums tho

and I'm sure I missed a few....

Don't get me wrong, I think Once Again is a wonderful album...but, there are plenty of albums that are held in higher regard by the listener...

Thicke is very very very underrated. I wouldn't expect most people to understand because he has never been that popular but dude virtually createseverything you hear on a track. He plays the keys, drums, bass, etc. Musically, dudes amazing.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

That might be the single most moronic thing I have seen here in the Music forum over the past couple of days. If you're gonna try to label folks who think Confessions is > Once Again, as girls or young, then back up your reasons as to WHY. You are basically saying that Confessions has no replay value (cool in HS, but it's not "grown man" music).

Also, I love you had no answer for me saying that Voodoo is a better album than Once Again....

Off the top of my head, here are a few albums from my collection that I feel are far superior to Once Again.

Voodoo
1st Born Second
Who is Jill Scott?
Get Lifted
Kemistry
Confessions
Songs in A Minor

*I would have put FS/LS in there...but JT got some HEAVY production from Tim...still one of my favorite albums tho

Don't get me wrong, I think Once Again is a wonderful album...but, there are plenty of albums that are held in higher regard by the listener...

Cmon man you can't be serious. Its pretty obvious that Usher's music is aimed towards a younger audience. Just compare the crowds at each one of theirconcerts. There's a reason why at a John Legend show there are tons of OGs in the crowd. Older people can vibe with John's music. Aint no OG going tolisten to "Yeah" or "My Boo"...I've seen them both live so I'm speaking from expereince.

Originally Posted by LB510

John Legend is the best RnB singer of our time. "Once Again" is the best RnB album the last 10 years. He did slip up with his last album though. Not enough soul for me. Robin is also good but his albums don't even compare with John's. Both great artists but John is overall better.

QFT

Once Again> all albums
Once Again in my opinion was an instant classic

i don't know about confessions being for teen girls, but once again was better in my eyes.

....once again has that timeless sound to it. throw it on any year, any season & it sounds good.

....legend > thicke....despite evolver.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Thicke is very very very underrated. I wouldn't expect most people to understand because he has never been that popular but dude virtually creates everything you hear on a track. He plays the keys, drums, bass, etc. Musically, dudes amazing.

agreed dont forget his songwriting abilities he basically wrote half of confessions and got a grammy for it

Originally Posted by behemothcoa

Originally Posted by LB510

John Legend is the best RnB singer of our time. "Once Again" is the best RnB album the last 10 years. He did slip up with his last album though. Not enough soul for me. Robin is also good but his albums don't even compare with John's. Both great artists but John is overall better.

QFT

Once Again> all albums
Once Again in my opinion was an instant classic

pimp.gif
and Lavious, you're right..evolver was a big let down..

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

That might be the single most moronic thing I have seen here in the Music forum over the past couple of days. If you're gonna try to label folks who think Confessions is > Once Again, as girls or young, then back up your reasons as to WHY. You are basically saying that Confessions has no replay value (cool in HS, but it's not "grown man" music).

Voodoo
1st Born Second
Who is Jill Scott?
Get Lifted
Kemistry
Confessions
Songs in A Minor

Cmon man you can't be serious. Its pretty obvious that Usher's music is aimed towards a younger audience. Just compare the crowds at each one of their concerts. There's a reason why at a John Legend show there are tons of OGs in the crowd. Older people can vibe with John's music. Aint no OG going to listen to "Yeah" or "My Boo"...I've seen them both live so I'm speaking from expereince.
Riiiight....it must be like how no "OG's" will listen to Off the Wall in 2009, right?
grin.gif
. As an artist grows and matures over the years, they keep a lot of the same fanbase. Usher has been in the game a long, LONG time...he has stayed relevant because he puts out hits and his music is constantly evolving...you seeing bothJohn Legend and Usher live is irrevelant. You have formulated a biased opinion due to who you have a preferance for. It's no problem that you likeJL's music over Usher's, but don't sit there and kid yourself that Usher only makes music for teens. Just as many grown folk will listen to anUsher CD, hit up a concert, etc as you have John Legend. As a matter of fact, you probably had more KIDS in 2008 singing the hook to Green Light than MovingMountains, etc....

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Voodoo
1st Born Second
Who is Jill Scott?
Get Lifted
Kemistry
Confessions
Songs in A Minor

Cmon man you can't be serious. Its pretty obvious that Usher's music is aimed towards a younger audience. Just compare the crowds at each one of their concerts. There's a reason why at a John Legend show there are tons of OGs in the crowd. Older people can vibe with John's music. Aint no OG going to listen to "Yeah" or "My Boo"...I've seen them both live so I'm speaking from expereince.
Riiiight....it must be like how no "OG's" will listen to Off the Wall in 2009, right?
grin.gif
. As an artist grows and matures over the years, they keep a lot of the same fan base. Usher has been in the game a long, LONG time...he has stayed relevant because he puts out hits and his music is constantly evolving...you seeing both John Legend and Usher live is irrevelant. You have formulated a biased opinion due to who you have a preferance for. It's no problem that you like JL's music over Usher's, but don't sit there and kid yourself that Usher only makes music for teens. Just as many grown folk will listen to an Usher CD, hit up a concert, etc as you have John Legend. As a matter of fact, you probably had more KIDS in 2008 singing the hook to Green Light than Moving Mountains, etc....

WORD. Shut the *$+@ up about Usher catering to teens!
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
WELL over 50% of his discography is about having sex
pimp.gif
& his MAIN fan base is 20-30year olds, so just shut the *$+@ up already.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude doesn't even deserve laughs...ever hear of an album by the name of "Confessions"?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Confessions? Are you serious? You MUST be a girl or in high school if you say Confessions is better. Usher is a bubble gum, teenybopper RnB singer. His music is for woman or high school kids who cupcake on the phone 'til 6 in the morning. If you're talking about REAL RnB, quality soulful music then you can't even compare the artists. John Legend (and Thicke) make music for the grown and not for little kids like Usher and any other artist like him.
You serious bruh? Have you even listened to Confessions???

Best R&B album in last 10 years though...TP2.Com.

- Preciate it.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Voodoo
1st Born Second
Who is Jill Scott?
Get Lifted
Kemistry
Confessions
Songs in A Minor

grin.gif
. As an artist grows and matures over the years, they keep a lot of the same fan base. Usher has been in the game a long, LONG time...he has stayed relevant because he puts out hits and his music is constantly evolving...you seeing both John Legend and Usher live is irrevelant. You have formulated a biased opinion due to who you have a preferance for. It's no problem that you like JL's music over Usher's, but don't sit there and kid yourself that Usher only makes music for teens. Just as many grown folk will listen to an Usher CD, hit up a concert, etc as you have John Legend. As a matter of fact, you probably had more KIDS in 2008 singing the hook to Green Light than Moving Mountains, etc....

Usher's music evolving?...Usher stays relevant because his music stays the same to appeal to his fanbase (teens and women). Teens and women continue to bewho his music is aimed towards. John Legend appeals to a much much older audience. If you can't see that then you're blind. You think teens are goingto understand and relate to songs like "Coming Home", "Show Me", "Again", "Another Again"? Nah, that's whygravitate towards artists like Usher. I like Usher and I do like Confessions. It's a good album but maturity wise it doesn't compare to Once Again.Also, I don't even count Evolver because he strayed away from his true soulful sound. I was highly disappointed with that album.

Legend without question...

For me, Get Lifted is his best.. Closely followed by Once Again and then Evolver... Real talk though, all of his albums do a littlesomething different for me.

Both are definetly appreciated but i got to take Legend over Thicke, I think I've actually bought every Legend album ill have to check my collection.Ordinary People is one of my favorite songs of all time, dont know why but that song never gets old

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Voodoo
1st Born Second
Who is Jill Scott?
Get Lifted
Kemistry
Confessions
Songs in A Minor

grin.gif

Usher's music evolving?...Usher stays relevant because his music stays the same to appeal to his fanbase (teens and women). Teens and women continue to be who his music is aimed towards. John Legend appeals to a much much older audience. If you can't see that then you're blind. You think teens are going to understand and relate to songs like "Coming Home", "Show Me", "Again", "Another Again"? Nah, that's why gravitate towards artists like Usher. I like Usher and I do like Confessions. It's a good album but maturity wise it doesn't compare to Once Again. Also, I don't even count Evolver because he strayed away from his true soulful sound. I was highly disappointed with that album.

And you don't think that JL's music doesn't have a mass appeal to teens & women also?
laugh.gif
C'mon now....again, look at an album like Offthe Wall...%$$@ STILL has a high replay value decades after it's release. You'll be seeing the same thing w. some of the songs off of Confessions.

I'm 29...

im gonna take this question to the masses in the music forum tho...probably get some good discussion and see where others stand on this...

Back
Top Bottom