John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

He played against Jordan and his team owned Jordan.

So yea his opinion holds a little more weight than well yours..

Almost everyone says that Lebron is the best athlete the NBA has ever seen but why has dude never won a DPOTY or why has he never been a better defender than Jordan?
Jordan was destroying the league offensively and defensively yet Lebron is already on that "need to conserve energy for the offensive end" bs. The heat make 50 year old Battier guard the other team's best player cause Lebron will get tired from passing the ball on the offensive end?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

wouldnt illegal substances help him with this? word to armstrong
do you watch basketball?---lebron is EASILY the best defender in the game. hands down

Yeah his team owned tthe Bulls so I'll give him that but Jordan single-handedly dismantled that Pistons team from returning again and kept Isiah off the Dream Team so in the end Jordan got the last laugh.

Yeah his team owned tthe Bulls so I'll give him that but Jordan single-handedly dismantled that Pistons team from returning again and kept Isiah off the Dream Team so in the end Jordan got the last laugh.

Cant think of a single thing that this has to do with this thread

Cant think of a single thing that this has to do with this thread

Read the statement of the person that I quoted, then read my quote. If it still doesn't make sense to you after that, just exit the thread and find something else to do.

His team owned Jordan on the court. What does that have to do with keeping Isaiah off the Dream Team?

What happened to that Pistons teams after Jordan and the Bulls finally beat them in '91??

Of course, thats all history, but for a period, that team owned the Bulls. I didnt see a single person in here say that the Bulls sucked in the 90's. And obviously I think that Jordan is the GOAT, but from 88-90, but Pistons owned the Bulls, and after the 91-92 season, Salley was gone, so it wouldnt have been his team anyways

Lebron is a good defender and he probably could be the best if he put his work to it but no, not EASILY the best defender

Last edited:
Of course, thats all history, but for a period, that team owned the Bulls. I didnt see a single person in here say that the Bulls sucked in the 90's. And obviously I think that Jordan is the GOAT, but from 88-90, but Pistons owned the Bulls, and after the 91-92 season, Salley was gone, so it wouldnt have been his team anyways

Which is why I said Jordan got the LAST LAUGH, simply put.

I can see you saying the Bulls but to say they owned Mike specifically doesn't make sense...

You can say they slowed him down but to say they owned him specifically doesn't add up. He gave them numbers just like he did everyone else, they just had a better team than he had so he got his and the rest of the team was held to a stand still.

But each season he got closer and closer to beating them 4-1 L in 88 on 29.4 ppg 4.6 apg 8.6 rpg
4-2 L in 89 on 29.6 ppg, 6 apg 5.5 rpg
4-3 L in 90 on 32.1 ppg 6.4 apg 7.1 rpg...

Then he swept them and they walked off the court before the game ended without shaking hands in one of the most classless moves sports has seen.

Now did they play him better than most teams in that era... DEFINITELY. But I wouldn't say they owned him by any stretch of the imagination, that's like saying Miami owned KD last year. Makes No Sense.

Last edited:
do you watch basketball?---lebron is EASILY the best defender in the game. hands down

Battier is the designated defender against the other teams best perimeter player. Lebron is usually guarding scrubs so he can go and get weakside blocks and steals.

Even Iguodala is a better defender than James. This is pathetic considering that the refs will let him do anything on defense.

Lebron is a good defender and he probably could be the best if he put his work to it but no, not EASILY the best defender
name another player that can gaurd all 5 positions and do it as effectively as he does and is a game changer on defense. dwight has game changing defense but cant guard all 5 positions effectivelty

All I know is I see John Salley's name, and I miss the Best Damn Sports Period. I'm not really going to get in the middle of the MJ vs. debate.

School these youngns......................:hat
and this is coming from a KNICK fan.................
in the annals of history, Lebron left to join other all stars
Magic, Larry, Isiah,MJ Hakeem, Tim, even Kobe will always get more credit for winning with their original teams..............................Sorry

This is the truth

Last edited:
Pistons owned Jordan that is utter stupidity if anything they beat Jordan up. What kind of philosophy is foul him hard how about play some defense and contest. The Pistons wouldn't last the series they would be suspended in todays NBA. Lebron is not in the class of best defender in the NBA. Not many if any players play real defense and when do you see someone get picked up full court? (besides chalmers man handling Lin) Lebron will be remembered as a great team player who must have other great players around him to be effective. Lebron is one of the best assist man in the league he deserves that for sure.

Back
Top Bottom