John Stockton was the best nba player to ever live

I was looking at the stats and realized that John Stocktoncould arguably be the best basketball player of all time. Out of 5 of the majorstatistical categories in the NBA ; points, rebounds, assists, steals, andblocks, John Stockton holds two of those. No other player has done that. Thenyou look at points and rebounds and we see that Karl Malone is sixth inrebounds and second in scoring. That’s incredible if you ask me. I checked ifKarl Malone was near the top of all-time blocks, but he wasn’t.

I haveseen the evidence that Karl Malone was not clutch. He, I believe was a physicalspecimen who could play, but lacked the IQ. Then you have John Stockton. I feellike the only reason Malone is so high in the all-time lists is because of JohnStockton. Now here you might say that you can say the same thing aboutStockton, but Stockton was smart which would have allowed him to adapt to anysituation. Karl Malone would not have been close to who he is IMO. JohnStockton and Sloan set up that team so Karl Malone didn’t have to think,Stockton would do it for him. Why do you think he had no blocks despite being abeast? Because he was not smart, that’s the only thing Stockton couldn’t helphim with.

I’mkind of serious, I haven’t seen much footage on Utah, but I mean the stats don’tlie. This guy was consistent on a night to night basis against every team. Heled them to 5 Western Conference finals, and two NBA finals. I mean c’mon son. I mean he was in the NBA for a long time, but seriously this is all-time stats. He has a hand in four All-time records in the 5 major statistical categories.

He deserves a ring man.

If this would have been a John Stockton Appreciation thread then I could have seen where you were trying to go with this.

I haven’t seen much footage on Utah, but I mean the stats don’t lie.
But they don't tell the whole story.

Another fine example.
laugh.gif

I haven’t seen much footage on Utah, but I mean the stats don’t lie.
Then your opinion will be flawed.
laugh.gif

Although, I believe if Stock was playing in this era he'd have 2 Back to Back MVPs too.
nerd.gif

I agree Malone wouldn't be @@%% without Stockton, but John being in the talks for best player ever? Stop it.

The thing I find amazing is he played the maximum number of games in 17 out of his 19 seasons. He missed 22 games in his whole career.

My favorite thing about his stats is his FG% - he shot 0.515 for his career. What's amazing about that is that he is a small guard - no dunks and not even many easy layups.

He was an assassin from outside.

Greatest ever is going a bit far but he's certainly up there.

So much emphasis on what a smart cerebral guy Stockton was and what a dumb brute Malone was. I don't like it.

An all-time great without a doubt... but I have never once read or heard anyone make this claim.... so, no.

Part of what makes Stockton so great is longevity, to be able to play for so long without a major injury is incredibly fortunate. Of course, leading the league in assists for 9 years in a row, and averaging 10 assists in a career is amazing, so there's no denying his talent and ability... but staying healthy is crucial.

the title really was for the lols, i posted it it on fb the other day. 
this basically is an appreciation. and by seen a lot of footage i meant i wasn't in to basketball when they were playing. i have seen vids on youtube and some games, but yea basically. 

what he did was amazing stat wise, and when you compare it to everyone else, well it says a lot.

im 20 and i dont drive a smart car

this is why i made the thread though:

My favorite thing about his stats is his FG% - he shot 0.515 for his career. What's amazing about that is that he is a small guard - no dunks and not even many easy layups.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

His shot was
eek.gif

As far as best player though... I don't even consider him the best PG.

yea, but he was the best. average 10 assists, cmon son. maybe not the most entertaining but he was probly the best.

then why couldnt he win a ring with one of the best PFs of all time and a great coach?

I wouldn't say he's the greatest but he's one of them. I think he's the best point guard though. I think Kidd is second on the all time career assists leaders & he's apprx 4,000-5,000 assists away from Stockton. I miss seeing him play...

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by Air273

then why couldnt he win a ring with one of the best PFs of all time and a great coach?

michael jordan and scottie pippen is the answer

*looks at thread title* so you're saying at least 1 person was better?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom