Join us for NikeTalk LIVE 2016, to be held on All Star Sunday, Februrary 14th, in San Francisco!

:lol: last pics I remember of the Saturn were when it was halfway done. did it ever make it further than that?

Really great event idea. I wish I could attend, especially so close to home, but don't think I can get away. :frown:

Will definitely check out his thread during the game tho to see how it's going. :nthat:

@chiva1908
@MECKS
And I
Would love to take the road trip from LA to SF.
We have always came together for NTLA summits and have a great amount of respect for everything Niketalk has done as far as charitable work, community upbringing, and general day to day information . I have met some of the coolest people on this board and would like to continue to do so :smile:

I'd also like be to taken into consideration
ive been a part of multiple NT LA summits and have always enjoyed meeting fellow nt'ers.
Would happily represent NT LA, Along with @MECKS @chiva1908and @BenDover...

Last edited:
post-23672-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-bCrY.gif
:lol:

:lol: last pics I remember of the Saturn were when it was halfway done. did it ever make it further than that?
I remember those also. It was yellow and bodywork was actually quite nice.

Cam finally unveiling the Saturn Murcialago?
It would be a bonus for those that remember.

Last edited:
blah blah blah...

dog and pony show...throw something for the real NT'ers who keep this place afloat...kind of a slap in the face with the 40 invites...

its like an unvitation...

Last edited:
I'm so salty y'all gonna have fun without me

Last edited:
blah blah blah...

dog and pony show...throw something for the real NT'ers who keep this place afloat...kind of a slap in the face with the 40 invites...

Meth JUST said that lesss than 40 ppl so far have asked for invitations.

So at this point it seems like everyone who wants to go will go

Last edited:
Y'all should do meet ups at different locations at the same time... WrestleMania 2 style... Do 1 in Cali, 1 in Houston/Dallas and 1 in NYC...

Waits for Cali meet up and NYC meet to start beefing over snapchat...

blah blah blah...

Meth JUST said that lesss than 40 ppl so far have asked for invitations.

So at this point it seems like everyone who wants to go will go
Some people just like to complain.  

As of this moment, it looks like we have 30 invitation requests in this thread.  Barring a last minute surge, we won't be turning too many people down - if any.  That's not exactly a "slap in the face."  

Considering the join dates for those who applied date back to NikeTalk's founding and the average attendee's been here for 5-10 years, I'd tend to think that we ARE doing something for "real NT'ers."  

Both Wikia and NT will be going out of pocket for this.  Several Wikia employees will be sacrificing their Sundays (and Valentine's Day, at that) to host and facilitate the event for you.  They're opening their corporate HQ up to you.  40 is the maximum that they felt could be safely and comfortably accommodated with the space and personnel available.  

Personally, I'm deeply appreciative of the gesture and all of the time and effort that they - and our own staff - are putting into this.  JumpmanSt could be coming in from Oregon for this.  

Knowing that it is a live event, and, as such, only a few dozen members will be able to make the trip out to attend in person, we've put quite a bit of thought and planning into how we can help share the experience with everyone else.  That's why Wikia will be opening up their fan studio, so guests can create and share video content from the event.  That's why we're holding a charity auction - so the event itself can do some good in the real world.  That's why we'll be using the event to share some NT-related news that we hope many of our members will be interested in.  

People have asked us about a live event for many years, but, as explained earlier, nothing really made sense given our budget relative to the expectations.  Head-Fi put together a listening event for their members recently, which was held at Wikia HQ, and their members loved it.  We were excited about the opportunity to do something similar for our fellow members here at NikeTalk.  

To hear people spit on this, like it's somehow not "good enough" for you really sucks.  

If those Wikia employees were NTers they wouldn't be giving up their Valentines day. They'd have like 5 dimes lining up for rides in their M3's.

Meth, thank you for making this happen. What's crazy is that this is only one of the many things you've done for the site. NT is the best :pimp:

Thank you Meth. I will attempt to not get any warning messages from you.

Last edited:
Meth, thank you for making this happen. What's crazy is that this is only one of the many things you've done for the site. NT is the best
pimp.gif

Thank you Meth. I will attempt to not get any warning messages from you.
I'm not the one people should be thanking.  If you attend and enjoy the event, the ones you should be thanking are our friends at Wikia.  They pitched the idea, offered to host the event, and spent more time and resources planning it than anyone.  Then there are the staff members who will actually be attending the event themselves so they can hang out with you.  These are the people who deserve the lion's share of credit.  

I don't need to be thanked.  I just want everyone to enjoy the event and to raise money for charity.  If that happens, it'll all be worth it.  

It does bother me, however, that everyone who's sacrificed to put on this event is reading this thread and seeing some of these negative, entitled comments.  They deserve better than that for all they've done and are trying to do simply to show our community members a good time and support an important cause that's close to our hearts.  

I would be welcome to going and would like to bring a friend of mine if that's not a problem.

Shouldn't be a problem for myself just cause the event is on the 14th.

I'm in the city 7 days a week for work anyways.

Message me an invite for the event, thanks!

Looks like it's full. But if anyone drops out I'd definitely like to attend
It's not full yet.  We'll be taking requests for the rest of the night and then tomorrow we'll start contacting people.

If you've requested an invitation, keep an eye on your inbox starting tomorrow and reply back ASAP to confirm your spot and receive an invitation. 

Damn....where is my invite! All good though if I am not invited. Have a blast.
Don't worry, nobody has been notified yet.  It's still 2/2 on the West Coast.  You'll be notified at some point tomorrow along with the others who requested an invite.  It's looking like everyone who requested one thus far will receive one.  

Back
Top Bottom