Jonathan Bender signs with the Knicks. Vol. yes that Jonathan Bender

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks have signed free agent Jonathan Bender, marking the oft-injured forward's return to the NBA after a three-yearabsence.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh announced the move in a statement Sunday.

The 7-foot Bender enjoyed his best season in 2001-02, when he averaged career highs of 7.4 points and 3.1 rebounds in 78 games.

But injuries forced Bender to miss 172 games over the next three seasons before chronic knee pain sidelined him indefinitely in February 2006.

Bender was selected out of high school by Toronto with the fifth overall pick in the 1999 draft and was acquired by Indiana in a trade on Aug. 1, 1999. Heformed a relationship with former Pacers president Walsh during their time together in Indiana.

"Jonathan has worked extremely hard in preparing himself for a return to the NBA," Walsh said in the statement. "I know him to be a young manof the highest character from my relationship with him that dates back 10 years to his rookie year and I think he will be a fine addition to our team both onand off the court."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4739057

Always loved his game.

pimp.gif

Last I heard this dude was making bank in the real-estate business.

He used to put it down on people.

I don't understand the signing though. I mean the Knicks need some larger sized players to make up for a mostly smaller offense, but it's just weirdthat Bender would be picked up of all people. Completely out of the blue.

I hope he can stay healthy. I read the story on him. Dude has like nothing left in his knees as far as cartilage.

Dude definately parlayed his career into doing alot off the court. I wish him luck on the return.

Good for him, hope he can remain on the roster. It's always disappointing to see a player's career cut short b/c of injuries.

I cant believe the love for Johnathan Bender on NT

dudes pour on hate for Kobe, Lebron, Etc but we got a johnathan Bender post and not one negative resposne

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

He used to put it down on people.

I don't understand the signing though. I mean the Knicks need some larger sized players to make up for a mostly smaller offense, but it's just weird that Bender would be picked up of all people. Completely out of the blue.
I'm confused too. This has to be the most random signing in recent years.

what the hell?

I thought this man retired after a short lived nba career???

what is this?

but most importantly, at least he's back in the league, hopefully he can showcase something here in NY

Him and Al Harrington reunited. Now they just need to trade for JO and Artest.

Wow ; when i saw this i was shocked. Hopefully he can start something soon & add another threat to the up&coming Knicks sqaud

Back
Top Bottom