Jonathan Bender signs with the Knicks. Vol. yes that Jonathan Bender

eff 2010...knicks takin the title in 09
pimp.gif

and JO is a free agent next year too who needs lebron?

lol the signing isnt OD random cuz Walsh has a thing for some of his old Pacers players and ones he drafted, like with al harrington.

plus we need a good locker room guy and an extra 7 footer for practice squad and i guess walsh feels he's good for that

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

lol the signing isnt OD random cuz Walsh has a thing for some of his old Pacers players and ones he drafted, like with al harrington.
My thoughts exactly. GM's just have guys they like. I'm sure Donnie had SOME interest in Jamaal Tinsley as well.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

He used to put it down on people.

I don't understand the signing though. I mean the Knicks need some larger sized players to make up for a mostly smaller offense, but it's just weird that Bender would be picked up of all people. Completely out of the blue.
I'm confused too. This has to be the most random signing in recent years.
there's gotta be a trade in the works....anyone remember when KVH was brought out of retirement (by I think the Nets) and was used in a trade?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't understand the signing though. I mean the Knicks need some larger sized players to make up for a mostly smaller offense, but it's just weird that Bender would be picked up of all people. Completely out of the blue.
there's gotta be a trade in the works....anyone remember when KVH was brought out of retirement (by I think the Nets) and was used in a trade?

he atleast had some game left bender sucks

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

he atleast had some game left bender sucks

That's why I don't get it...you give a guy who hasn't played ball in 3 years the vet minimum? There has to be something brewing in NY....

what does this say about Jordan Hill if he gets burn over him
laugh.gif

but seriously....maybe Bender will be packaged w. Nate...

Ummm when KVH came out of retirement they were worried about him passing his physical. Dude literally rolled off his couch with no intentions of playing, justdoing the team a favor. I'm pretty sure I read during the off season that Bender was working hard to get into shape and stuff.

If there isn't a trade..

he's a high character guy to have in the locker room. He's been a mentor to handful of a few young players, even when he hasn't been in theleague..

maybe Bender will be packaged w. Nate...

I can guarantee Donnie did not bring him to then trade him, he's 'his guy'. He'd be remain with the Knicks as more would be going out thencoming in.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If there isn't a trade..

he's a high character guy to have in the locker room. He's been a mentor to handful of a few young players, even when he hasn't been in the league..

maybe Bender will be packaged w. Nate...

I can guarantee Donnie did not bring him to then trade him, he's 'his guy'. He'd be remain with the Knicks as more would be going out then coming in.

Allen....you're trying to make sense of a situation that just doesn't make sense. I can dig that Bender is Walsh's "guy,"but you're bringing in a dude who hasn't hooped in 3 years???? This is not a guy who was playing ball in Europe or anywhere else....he hasn't beendoing anything. Makes no sense other than to possibly use him as a bargaining chip in a potential trade. Even with that being said, you just very well may beright
laugh.gif

he;ll be used in practice. how do you know he hasnt hooped?
he may not have played at an high intensity level as the NBA, but im sure he plays. either way, i haev faith in donnie.

Yeah, that's my point how CAN a guy who hasn't played in 3 years a bargaining chip?

If a team asked for a throw in, they probably weren't asking for Jon Bender.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Yeah, that's my point how CAN a guy who hasn't played in 3 years a bargaining chip?

If a team asked for a throw in, they probably weren't asking for Jon Bender.

But how did the KVH thing work out? Wasn't he out of the league for like 2 years when he signed w. the Nets only to be traded?

I was reading on the Real GM MB, and a lot of folks seem to think Bender was only brought in to tutor Jordan Hill.

he;ll be used in practice. how do you know he hasnt hooped?
he may not have played at an high intensity level as the NBA, but im sure he plays.

Bro...I don't care how much Bender "recreationally" hooped...nothing he did during his inactivity for the past 3 years can compare to evenplaying in the lowest professional league in a spot like Poland.

I'm curious to see what his actual role will be with the team if he stays on...

You guys have to remember that the NBA is a fraternity Walsh could be just doing him a favor to get some extra money to fund some of his endeavors outside ofbasketball it could be totally unrelated to what he can bring to the team.

But how did the KVH thing work out? Wasn't he out of the league for like 2 years when he signed w. the Nets only to be traded?
remember, KVH was all about $, he made like 4 million for coming out of retirement.

Bender's gona be brought in for the vet min

Originally Posted by HottDogg2k3

You guys have to remember that the NBA is a fraternity Walsh could be just doing him a favor to get some extra money to fund some of his endeavors outside of basketball it could be totally unrelated to what he can bring to the team.
do you REALLY think that's the case?
laugh.gif

do you REALLY think that's the case?
laugh.gif

I don't think it's outta the question I mean don't get me wrong of course Walsh hopes he can help the team out but there's areason nobody else
even gave this dude a chance this year and it's obvious he has been trying to get back in the L and like they mentioned him and Walsh are pretty tight.

i answered your question double j, he'll be used in practice.
he may get the occasional burn like landry if theres blowout games, but i dont see him cracking the rotation.

Bender can't be traded for like 3 months anyways.

Either Walsh thinks he has game left or wants to use him as a veteran presence.

Back
Top Bottom