JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Anybody and LA catch that high speed chase with the motorcyclist? He had on the b/red 1's.
laugh.gif
it ended very strangely

Looks like early releases have already hit the market.

Sad how these are rumored and the early release sites have replicas with Nike air on the tongue.

Sad how these are rumored and the early release sites have replicas with Nike air on the tongue.
yeah my boy sent me pics of this dude selling grey market blk and gold og's the toe area was off and some other major diff on the tongue the insole was off too....

royal replicas are flooding the market too be careful 

yeah my boy sent me pics of this dude selling grey market blk and gold og's the toe area was off and some other major diff on the tongue the insole was off too....

royal replicas are flooding the market too be careful 

THIS... I look at the comparison pics and to be honest I can't even tell the difference, let alone if someone walked bye with them on :smh:

I think the leather quality will be the biggest difference in the grey market pairs. Their is no way they can replicate that right? Right?!?

I don't think Kanye and Jay Z have anything to do with peoples opinions on the 1's today.  I think it goes way back to 85.    "see below"

When the 1984-85 season rolled around, everything went right. 

The shoes were banned by the NBA because of their lack of uniform color scheme. Nike paid the fines and made a commercial. 

"On October 15th, Nike created a revolutionary new basketball shoe," the voice in the commercial said. "On October 18th, the NBA threw them out of the game. Fortunately, the NBA can't keep you from wearing them." 

Jordan played every game of his rookie season, averaged 28.2 points per game, and won the Rookie of the Year award. Kids wanted to "Be Like Mike." 

The Air Jordan Is, at an unheard of price of $65 a pair, hit stores nationwide in March 1985. By May, Nike had sold $70 million worth. By year's end, the Air Jordan franchise had yielded more than $100 million in revenues. 

In the company's annual report that year, Knight called it "the perfect combination of quality product, marketing and athlete endorsement."

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/2918/how-nike-landed-michael-jordan
Bu
I don't think Kanye and Jay Z have anything to do with peoples opinions on the 1's today.  I think it goes way back to 85.    "see below"

When the 1984-85 season rolled around, everything went right. 

The shoes were banned by the NBA because of their lack of uniform color scheme. Nike paid the fines and made a commercial. 

"On October 15th, Nike created a revolutionary new basketball shoe," the voice in the commercial said. "On October 18th, the NBA threw them out of the game. Fortunately, the NBA can't keep you from wearing them." 

Jordan played every game of his rookie season, averaged 28.2 points per game, and won the Rookie of the Year award. Kids wanted to "Be Like Mike." 

The Air Jordan Is, at an unheard of price of $65 a pair, hit stores nationwide in March 1985. By May, Nike had sold $70 million worth. By year's end, the Air Jordan franchise had yielded more than $100 million in revenues. 

In the company's annual report that year, Knight called it "the perfect combination of quality product, marketing and athlete endorsement."

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/2918/how-nike-landed-michael-jordan
but what your saying applies only to 85/86. The thing I think tht started the whole jordan one fad is the old love new love pack. When Nike re did the aj1 in the early 2000 they also did the dunk. To most ppl it's basically the same shoe but the dunk had more colors to choose from. Only sneaker heads at the time cared abt the j's. After the olnl pack, aj1's kinda got some hype behind it. It was the second jordan shoe pack hitting for 200 retail. Never been the same since.

lol at people claiming Ye and Hov popularized 1s. Hov been wearing 1s and it had no effect on sales. Kanye only wears 2 colorways. And many of the shoes he wears SITS.
kanye-west-wearing-nike-air-force-180-mid-01.jpg

kanye-west-nike-air-flight-89-white-blue-01.jpeg

kanye-2-newbalance998-full.jpg

Kanye-West-wears-Tom-Ford-teal-green-velvet-cocktail-jacket-blazer-shawl-collar-single-button-Vans-Sneakers-Shoes-out-with-Kim-Kardashian-in-NYC.jpg

Kanye-West-Maison-Martin-Margiela-Sparklng-Crystal-Face-Mask-4.jpg
Are you guys really that desperate to find someone to blame? Fact of the matter is that these are OG colorways with OG treatment.

Or let me guess. Is he the reason the IIIs sold out too?
kanye-west-amber-rose-rome3.jpg

kanye-west-kim-kardashian-air-jordan-iii-3-cement-03.jpeg

Last edited:
lol at people claiming Ye and Hov popularized 1s. Hov been wearing 1s and it had no effect on sales. Kanye only wears 2 colorways. And many of the shoes he wears SITS.
lol. what?!
banned 1s released 2011. they retail $120 ( i believe). the average resale price were sitting at the mid $200's for about 5- 6 months, then they jumped up to $300's when the Otis video came out about 5-6 months later. Ever since then they have been rising and haven't looked to stop yet.

Last edited:
lol. what?!
banned 1s released 2011. they retail $120 ( i believe). the average resale price were sitting at the mid $200's for about 5- 6 months, then they jumped up to $300's when the Otis video came out about 5-6 months later. Ever since then they have been rising and haven't looked to stop yet.

but that's how a lot of shoes go... right after RD, the market gets flooded, you can catch pairs for as cheap as they're gonna get usually, then once it calms down, and pairs land in the hands of people who plan to keep them, the few pairs left will go for more, cuz there's not as many around anymore...

don't think it has much to do with ye and hov wearing them... i mean, them cosigning them does have some significance... but there's been plenty of other shoes they've worn that never pop off...

1's are just a classic shoe.

for me, i remember having them when i was little, and it's nostalgic for me...

and what ol' boy said up there about the old love / new love pack is true, those did help bring 1's back into the hype machine... i even remember seeing the black toes in videos around that time in '07...

lol. what?!

but that's how a lot of shoes go... right after RD, the market gets flooded, you can catch pairs for as cheap as they're gonna get usually, then once it calms down, and pairs land in the hands of people who plan to keep them, the few pairs left will go for more, cuz there's not as many around anymore...

don't think it has much to do with ye and hov wearing them... i mean, them cosigning them does have some significance... but there's been plenty of other shoes they've worn that never pop off...

1's are just a classic shoe.

for me, i remember having them when i was little, and it's nostalgic for me...

and what ol' boy said up there about the old love / new love pack is true, those did help bring 1's back into the hype machine... i even remember seeing the black toes in videos around that time in '07...
all will say is ever since the 2011 concord/2012 galaxy foams, hypebeasts have been coming out the wood work and make it harder for the rest of us who have been on Js from before. Yes I'm not saying its all them that caused the interest but they did play a role in hypebeast nation rising up. To me only 1 person made me want to wear Js, thats MJ himself. i don't support kanye or jay....kinda sad that KD signed w/ Jay's sports agency... :\

Last edited:
nah, it was really the yeezy 1 in 2009... forget the concords and galaxy foams... yeezy 1 was the first shoe to have over a week long camp out... cats lined up for those for 8 full days b4 RD... b4 that the only thing close to it was the titaniums...

concords and galaxys didn't touch that...

but again, kanye and jay have very little to do with 1's blowing up... it's really due to them bringing out OG colorways with nike air... simple as that.

nah, it was really the yeezy 1 in 2009... forget the concords and galaxy foams... yeezy 1 was the first shoe to have over a week long camp out... cats lined up for those for 8 full days b4 RD... b4 that the only thing close to it was the titaniums...

concords and galaxys didn't touch that...

but again, kanye and jay have very little to do with 1's blowing up... it's really due to them bringing out OG colorways with nike air... simple as that.
if concord 11s were at the same quantity as the yeezy 1s, people would camp out just as long... ( but obviously wouldn't work cause they were a GR)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom