JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Negative. I contemplated for a whole month wondering if I should cop at $200-$225. One of my biggest regrets when it comes to copping shoes. I didnt think they would jump up in price like they did.
Yup, was in the same situation before I decided to drop the $225 on them.

i know staple sb's and various shoes had camp outs and mega hype on them b4 yeezys, but all i'm saying is, name one camp out b4 them that lasted over a full week... go 'head, i'll wait.

never happened.

proto man we understand the yeezys are the awesomest,coolest shoe,with the most hype.But this is NOT the yeezy thread last time I checked so please lets keep these about the actual shoe in the title.On another note, I wonder when the first pics of these are gonna start coming out...it always weighs in about the release how soon they come up,how many pairs are early released etc...

Glad to see other members able to confirm the prices for the banned 1s a couple months after release being around the $200 mark. I'm not here trying to blow smoke out my butt

Only good colorways imo are the OG white/black/red, the Melos, and mostly white with the green allens. The only one I care to buy is the OG white/black/red
Okay... So now it is $300?
I've always been into kicks. Just dont have the money to buy every pair like you guys. Once it is above $250 there is next to no chance of me copping. Would rather just wait for the reretro at that point. No need for me to check every 5 seconds. Last I checked DS yeezy 1s were going for 700. Now they are pushing 2 stacks

Dude, he's right. My man got them for $2 something off ebay.

He was telling me about the quality, but I just couldn't see myself paying that much. I was like they're I's. That was like how they were charging $199 for Uptowns. I'm like they're Uptown's, $74.99, why would anyone pay that much for them even if the leather is a little better.

My mentality still, even with the Nike Air ones, I have a problem paying $140 for I's These joints cost like $64.99 and dunk highs are like $74.99 retail.

and to Magic1978 back there, of course they do, but to imply 1's recent popularity is solely due to 2 rappers is ridiculous.

Maybe not totally, but it had a huge impact when you started seeing Yeezy, Jay and Frank Ocean in them on every sneaker blog and website. The reason Kanye was given his own Nike and LV was because he was considered a fashion trend setter a few years ago. Nobody cares about Big Sean or Tyga's sneakers, because they have no clout in the sneaker culture. You think if it was reversed and it was Lil Wayne, and they were the Weezy's they would have been in demand like they are?

Jordan I's were never ever in demand. Nobody lined up for I's. I's used to rot on shelves. Look at the DMP pack. People wouldn't buy those for $99. I got my Shadows for $49.

That Nike Air wasn't that big of a deal, because people still lined up for Jumpan III's, IV's, VI's and VI's.

Banned I's showed that I's had resell value if they weren't 20 years old. Before they were just Jordan's first kicks, so basketball fans wanted them before sneaker heads, because most didn't see him play. Most sneaker heads don't even know what is a OG I colorway, and think they had like five colorways. How many want Converse because Jordan hit his first shot in them? Banneds caused I's to have status, but that was in large part due to celebs wearing I's. So I'd say it was equal celebs and banned I's impact.

Last edited:
Glad to see other members able to confirm the prices for the banned 1s a couple months after release being around the $200 mark. I'm not here trying to blow smoke out my butt

very suspect if someone thinks these were at $500 a couple of months after release. I'd say someone didnt know the Banned 1's came out until a few months after.

I hear ya, Magic, all I'm saying is it wasn't totally on the strength of ye and hov wearing them.

Cuz I went on the hunt for 2001 breds and royals a couple years b4 ye and hov were ever seen wearing them, and the resell value was still up there between $3 - 500 bones... Crap quality 1's with no NA did sit and end up on sale. Hell, even good quality like the shadows with that good leather sat... I caught those on sale + employee discount for like $40 bones. But I guarantee if those had NA back then and no jumpman on the heel, things woulda been different. Case in point, Banneds popped off b4 ye and hov were seen wearing them.

But you're right, it's the combination of giving us NA on OG colorways and some celebs wearing them that have catapulted them into higher popularity, but again, it's not just the latter...

We all can agree that the bred 1s being hot shouldn't have a Jayz/kanye factor. It should be hot cause the of the man who brought us them in the first place. His airness MJ.

sunshine might as well change his name to mr misinformation &/or #ivebeentoldthetruthbutmyblindersaretoodark

would love 2 pairs , but i have had no luck at getting 1s this year. will have to pull out some tricks for these

I'll reup on these later this year...these and royals are probably my favorite 1's aside from ajko's.

hoping for these, cant wait for pics to surface. hype will be crazy, just hoping i can secure a pair

don't know about black/shadow part of the top 3 Jordan 1s...
Top 3 cw for the Jordan 1s in no particular order :
Breds
Royals
Chicagos
Chicago ones are cool. But as far as this year, shaddow grey is killing the chi 1's all with the Nike air. Hopefully the hypebeasts take your side though. I want both on tht day!

don't know about black/shadow part of the top 3 Jordan 1s...
Top 3 cw for the Jordan 1s in no particular order :
Breds
Royals
Chicagos

Nike Air or not the shadows are the most underrated Air Jordan 1's. They're already an OG colorway at that. I've worn my '09 pair easily over 200 times. The chicago's are the poster child for Air Jordan 1's but they've always seemed odd to me. They're like the PG version of the black/red 1's since they were made to counterbalance the black/red 1 being banned (or air ships if you believe all that mumbo jumbo lol) the black toes have more edge than the Chicago 1 colorway just because of that odd color blocking.

Back
Top Bottom