JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

nah, concords are way more popular than yeezys... and at the time, people didn't realize just how amazing the quality was of yeezy 1's... the camp out was longer cuz of the limited numbers...

if they had released concords in limited numbers anywhere close to as limited as yeezys, there would have been legit riots and multiple murders...

no amount of kanye or hype could ever trump a shoe game worn by MJ coming out for the first time in years in super limited numbers... that would have just been insane (particularly a shoe as popular as the XI)...

Last edited:
nah, concords are way more popular than yeezys... and at the time, people didn't realize just how amazing the quality was of yeezy 1's... the camp out was longer cuz of the limited numbers...

if they had released concords in limited numbers anywhere close to as limited as yeezys, there would have been legit riots and multiple murders...

no amount of kanye or hype could ever trump a shoe game worn by MJ coming out for the first time in years in super limited numbers... that would have just been insane (particularly a shoe as popular as the XI)...
i totally understand what your getting at and i think it's the way it should be but there a lot of the guys and kids out buying up all the retros, that vaguely know about MJ and are doing it cause "it's cool" or cause "its whats hot". then you have the straight resellers...:rolleyes
not trying to start up a whole debate or stir up the nest....

Last edited:
I know kanye was rockin some VI's in the video and I believe jay had on some DMP 1's so just off of that they singlehandely made 1's cool?? Lol 1's slowly started coming back into prominence first with the BMP pack then when they finally started bringing them back fully high top (I think the max orange were the first in a while) it started snowballing and now we're back praising the first air Jordan. But that's the real reason they're popular, because they're AIR JORDANS. They don't have to be endorsed by any other celebrity because they were the rookie shoe of the best ball player ever. The style has just gone and come back through the years but now they're being appreciated again and eventually they'll be passed over again like everything again in the style world.

I heard the 2's are suppose to be retroing again next year. If we see 'ye in those y'all gonna say he made them cool too huh?

but again, kanye and jay have very little to do with 1's blowing up... it's really due to them bringing out OG colorways with nike air... simple as that.

I don't agree with that, the reason Nike/JB give kicks to celebs and athlete is too market their kicks. It's no different than a Jordan commercial. That video is going to be seen by tens of millions across the globe.

if concord 11s were at the same quantity as the yeezy 1s, people would camp out just as long... ( but obviously wouldn't work cause they were a GR)

People didn't buy Yeezy's because of the quality. They bought them first, then realized the quality was good.

lol. what?!
banned 1s released 2011. they retail $120 ( i believe). the average resale price were sitting at the mid $200's for about 5- 6 months, then they jumped up to $300's when the Otis video came out about 5-6 months later. Ever since then they have been rising and haven't looked to stop yet.

That's my biggest regret. I kept thinking, I'm not paying $200 for some I's that used to retail for less than $100 :smh:

nah, it was really the yeezy 1 in 2009... forget the concords and galaxy foams... yeezy 1 was the first shoe to have over a week long camp out... cats lined up for those for 8 full days b4 RD... b4 that the only thing close to it was the titaniums...

concords and galaxys didn't touch that...

but again, kanye and jay have very little to do with 1's blowing up... it's really due to them bringing out OG colorways with nike air... simple as that.

THIS

IMO the reselling market, like any market, will reach a tipping point soon... meaning that consumers will start refusing to pay $1K plus for a shoe and prices will drop.

would you guys agree that more people are purchasing to sell than to wear? supply is going to outweigh demand very soon, and prices will finally get back to what they should be at. first step, is to stop paying such high resale prices! people need to realize that the value of the shoe is what WE (consumers who are avid about the lifestyle, and belong to forums etc) are willing pay.

/old man rant 8)

lol at people claiming Ye and Hov popularized 1s. Hov been wearing 1s and it had no effect on sales. Kanye only wears 2 colorways. And many of the shoes he wears SITS.
lol. what?!
banned 1s released 2011. they retail $120 ( i believe). the average resale price were sitting at the mid $200's for about 5- 6 months, then they jumped up to $300's when the Otis video came out about 5-6 months later. Ever since then they have been rising and haven't looked to stop yet.
I sold my initial pair of banned 1s for $500 when they first released at the Portland outlet and another for $400. These were hyped heavy right out the gate. The prices only dropped since the market got flooded with them prob after seeing the prices I sold them for on ebay.

nah, it was really the yeezy 1 in 2009... forget the concords and galaxy foams... yeezy 1 was the first shoe to have over a week long camp out... cats lined up for those for 8 full days b4 RD... b4 that the only thing close to it was the titaniums...

concords and galaxys didn't touch that...

Hypebeasts have existed for a while it's all a cycle. There were the SB hypebeasts before the Yeezys/Concords/Galaxy foams that were lining up for days back in the early/mid 2000s for the Heinekens/Tiffs/etc. There was a lull in the for a few years and now they're all back for the latest shoe hype. Sure they'll be another lull once the bubble pops but that just means they'll be back once again when the newest trends become popular.

lol. what?!
Yah and ice cream sales increase in the same time of year the crime rate increases. Whats your point?

Also I always seen em at around $500. Never were they sitting for $200

Last edited:
lol. what?!
Yah and ice cream sales increase in the same time of year the crime rate increases. Whats your point?

Are you serious? lol.
They were also sitting at the $300 mark for a bit. Guess you weren't really into kicks then.
:smh:

Would LOVE it if 2's returned next year
Only good colorways imo are the OG white/black/red, the Melos, and mostly white with the green allens. The only one I care to buy is the OG white/black/red

Are you serious? lol.
They were also sitting at the $300 mark for a bit. Guess you weren't really into kicks then.
Okay... So now it is $300?
I've always been into kicks. Just dont have the money to buy every pair like you guys. Once it is above $250 there is next to no chance of me copping. Would rather just wait for the reretro at that point. No need for me to check every 5 seconds. Last I checked DS yeezy 1s were going for 700. Now they are pushing 2 stacks

Last edited:
Would LOVE it if 2's returned next year
Only good colorways imo are the OG white/black/red, the Melos, and mostly white with the green allens. The only one I care to buy is the OG white/black/red

Are you serious? lol.
Okay... So now it is $300?
I've always been into kicks. Just dont have the money to buy every pair like you guys. No need for me to check every 5 seconds
Reading is fundamental. I said around mid 200s for 5-6 months after release and then jumped to the 300s after 5-6 months.
Sun your joke bro. Calling black toes quality like the chicagos and now this. I'm done with you and your "logic".

Last edited:
actually its more like this...
i5EDfFogNb1Fx.gif

^lmao....sums it up nicely

Negative. I contemplated for a whole month wondering if I should cop at $200-$225. One of my biggest regrets when it comes to copping shoes. I didnt think they would jump up in price like they did.

Negative. I contemplated for a whole month wondering if I should cop at $200-$225. One of my biggest regrets when it comes to copping shoes. I didnt think they would jump up in price like they did.
this.

seen em on NT and SC marketplace back in the day for around 200-230 for months then all of a sudden they were gone and the prices rose.

this.

that's when i copped 2 pairs, both for $230 shipped (cuz the outlet near me didn't even get them).

one of my best decisions when it comes to copping shoes... :lol:

and to Magic1978 back there, of course they do, but to imply 1's recent popularity is solely due to 2 rappers is ridiculous.

us jordan fanatics have been on 1's and woulda copped all these 1's with NA treatment regardless of any rapper wearing them (but i do realize they have made some beasts go out and get them, sure, just don't give them too much credit)...

besides, i don't think hov and ye were given those 1's by nike, they were wearing fresh pairs of 2001's for awhile (10 years after release), and jay was first seen wearing banneds during the throne tour, a long while after release... chances are they had their stylists pick those up for them on ebay and in stores like rif and flight club...

Back
Top Bottom