JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

You have better self control than some, myself included.
well when you have patience and a ton of shoes already its quite easy

At the end of the day its just shoes.....

I have over 400 pairs of shoes and have never paid nothing but retail with tax or shipping. I have every shoe i ever wanted except for the white cement iv, white shaq attack, and kamikaze 1 and 2.

But luckily they are just shoes. They will be released again sometime. Thats what shoe companies do... When people stop acting like animals and just wait then people will not have to worry about spending 300 bucks on a shoe they want...

now if you have the money and dont mind spending more, more power to you...

yeah, you just cant go wrong with the 2013 and 2001. But the 2013s are more comfy right?

damn... I don't get why you guys talk about "quality" on the banned 1s like it's REALLY that amazing.
The leather is soft and really crumpled I know but that doesn't mean the regular smooth leather is
not good quality. As far as I'm concerned, the quality on the banned and the 2013 royals and shadows
are almost the same. The leather on the banned 1s just look better because they seem premium
because they look aged. That's about it man...

heck, the leather on my shadow 2013s look impeccable. soft and really good. It's just preference.
don't say it's "quality cannot be matched" because most probably you don't really know what you're
talking about when it comes to leather.
IMO the 2001 black/red and black/blue 1's SUCKED. Uncomfortable, flimsy terrible leather, and cement cushioning. i use to double up back in the day. sold all 4 pairs. two deadstock and two used...

The chrome jumpman key chains that came with them were DOPE though. WAY better than the ******ed jumpman air keychains... I still have a bunch of those. for some reason some are smaller than others...

Well known accounts on twitter saying royal numbers...say it ain't so
see this is that bull **** but you guys arent listening...

what advantage does it give for these so called known accounts to announce what kind of numbers there will be on this shoe so early?

you guys are just getting sucked up in the hype already...

when people go out of their way super early to announce a shoe being limited you should already know whats up...

do you think they are doing you any favors? lol come on now...

gonna have people paying a grip early when there will be plenty to go around...
all of this.
agreement1.gif

I don't understand why people try to guess production numbers before a shoe releases....it's not like anyone has a real answer to how many shoes will be produced. All the guessing and estimating is part of being on a shoe forum but we should just save it for when we are able to see what major retailers and Nike say about the release. It doesnt benefit anyone if these we are guessing if these will be royal numbers or a GR due to the holidays just do what you need to do to cop and if you can't cop on RD just look out for them on restocks, grand openings, or when cancelled orders go back up online

As a owner of all 2013 na 1's there 100% not the same at all! Not even close man

Have seen all up close and own royals and black toes worn numerous times.I can't see the difference in quality pointed out , oh well maybe thats just me.

All the hawks slander is amazing nothing but the colors used was wrong with that shoe leather is nice but I guess now a days it's the cool thing to talk down on any shoe that "didn't sell out"

It was first hinted that black and red I's would come out in October. They didn't put them in December to make them limited like the royals. Don't buy in to the hype. The preorder sellers might win with these.

Last edited:
What's the difference between Bred 1 and Banned 1?? 

edit:  Looks like the same exact shoe except for an "X" on the back of the banned? 

Last edited:

What's the difference between Bred 1 and Banned 1?? 

edit:  Looks like the same exact shoe except for an "X" on the back of the banned? 
Just another gimmick shoe.  Except with this particular shoe, it was a decent gimmick.

All the hawks slander is amazing nothing but the colors used was wrong with that shoe leather is nice but I guess now a days it's the cool thing to talk down on any shoe that "didn't sell out"

Not true, dude. I have plenty of shoes that don't sell out, including every colorway of the Air Jordan 2010's which almost everyone panned. That is cheap red leather(if it's even leather)on those Hawk 1's. Put those up against Vegas 1's and you'll see which is better. I'm not arguing with you but the proof is in the pudding.

Not true, dude. I have plenty of shoes that don't sell out, including every colorway of the Air Jordan 2010's which almost everyone panned. That is cheap red leather(if it's even leather)on those Hawk 1's. Put those up against Vegas 1's and you'll see which is better. I'm not arguing with you but the proof is in the pudding.
Wasn't calling you or anyone out and when I mean leather the black part is what I mean idk why the red leather matters because its the toe box and side panels that get all the action

Last edited:
pretty certain the bred 1s this year will be on par with the royals/shadows in terms of quality...
any dark colored NA 1 this year had decent leather. I'm guessing the white on the black toes
was a factor why the leather wasn't good enough as well as the celtics.

pretty certain the bred 1s this year will be on par with the royals/shadows in terms of quality...
any dark colored NA 1 this year had decent leather. I'm guessing the white on the black toes
was a factor why the leather wasn't good enough as well as the celtics.
Yes. White leather is treated differently. However I could have sworn Royals black leather is much better than Shadows black leather. Don't have a pair of royals to compare though. I think if you were to take micro shots you can see the difference

didnt see much difference between royals and shadow quality... very minor if any.

to answer the question: people generally think the banned 1s have superior quality due to the aged leather look.
yeah, quality is good, but not $600-800 good. LOL

I'm just happy so far the 2013 releases have been good/above expectation. Did you guys honestly anticipate the
fine quality on shadows and royals?

I don't understand why you are all arguing about the quality, cause it feels just the same to me. Stiff shiny "leather".

1994 retro of 1's still the best kind of leather for me. But that's just my opinion.

didnt see much difference between royals and shadow quality... very minor if any.

to answer the question: people generally think the banned 1s have superior quality due to the aged leather look.
yeah, quality is good, but not $600-800 good. LOL

I'm just happy so far the 2013 releases have been good/above expectation. Did you guys honestly anticipate the
fine quality on shadows and royals?
Do you own a pair? It goes beyond the look.

^
I've held/inspected one. they're not comfortable either just like most ones so I don't get it. maybe it's the 109.99 outlet price tag?
I'm getting the December release for sure tho.

^
I've held/inspected one. they're not comfortable either just like most ones so I don't get it. maybe it's the 109.99 outlet price tag?
I'm getting the December release for sure tho.
Or it could be the differentiation from the rest of the black and red 1s and the exclusivity? I thought that along with the better quality of leather were the reasons why. And well.. Hype for these has exponentially increased to get those IG likes. :smh:

Yes. White leather is treated differently. However I could have sworn Royals black leather is much better than Shadows black leather. Don't have a pair of royals to compare though. I think if you were to take micro shots you can see the difference
another noticeable minor difference was the liner, the royals are softer & a bit more padded than the shadows.. molds on you better

as you can see its made differently & not the same material, i used my back up unworn pairs for better comparison

from the pics of the black/reds, its looking more like the shadows... which is perfectly fine to me too

Last edited:
another noticeable minor difference was the liner, the royals are softer & a bit more padded than the shadows.. molds on you better
 as you can see its made differently & not the same material, i used my back up unworn pairs for better comparison
View media item 571182

from the pics of the black/reds, its looking more like the shadows... which is perfectly fine to me too
Yup exactly this. Royals have a much nicer and softer sock liner. They also have a different fabric for the tongue (materials were noted a long time ago, forgot names.. Nylon and something else?) Royals tongue is a lot softer and nicer feeling too. Shadows have a more shiny, stiffer tongue but that's closer to OG anyways I believe.

Also, because of these higher quality materials the Royals had, I would say this lead to "production issues" and why these were extremely limited. Along with Chinese New Year, and the huge amount of ASG kicks releasing that weekend IMO.

I was reading a couple old pages of the royals thread yesterday, people were laughing/disagreeing when someone said "Shoe of the year" or them reaching $400+

Back
Top Bottom