JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

man jordan 1 fans musta been in heaven this year :lol:

i was never that big of a fan of the 1... was always just a dunk with the wings logo on the side to me...

man jordan 1 fans musta been in heaven this year
laugh.gif

i was never that big of a fan of the 1... was always just a dunk with the wings logo on the side to me...
Me, I grew up with people with the OG 1s & Team Conventions.. I thought those 2 shoes look more alike to each other

who remembers the jordan 1 alphas and the nu retro 1? :lol:

i must admit i bought a pair of the nu retro 1 low top for 50 bucks at the outlet... think it was white navy

ah brings abck memories not my pic by the way

View media item 571322

Last edited:
I thought about the Alphas yesterday and thought about grabbing the black/red pair as a cheap pair of beaters and out of curiosity towards how comfortable those ended up being. Looked on eBay and found a pair of Chicago Alphas for $300, another pair for $200, and the Tinker pairs for $100-175.

Immediately closed the tab, thought for a while, and then closed my laptop :smh:

I remember those Nu 1's. The Nu 2's looked like boxing shoes, and thankfully it stopped there.

I thought about the Alphas yesterday and thought about grabbing the black/red pair as a cheap pair of beaters and out of curiosity towards how comfortable those ended up being. Looked on eBay and found a pair of Chicago Alphas for $300, another pair for $200, and the Tinker pairs for $100-175.

Immediately closed the tab, thought for a while, and then closed my laptop
mean.gif
I have a piar of black/red alphas I just sold for 95 shipped.  size 10.5  i figured I would dump them since I plan on getting these.

^
I've held/inspected one. they're not comfortable either just like most ones so I don't get it. maybe it's the 109.99 outlet price tag?
I'm getting the December release for sure tho.
You've held/inspected one? Any part of your inspection process involve actually wearing them? If the answer is no...how can you possibly speak to the comfort or lack thereof? Soft leather = more give. Very nicely padded ankle. Short of them replacing the insoles with zoom air like SBs...I'm not sure what more you could possibly want out of a Jordan 1.

Last edited:
I was reading a couple old pages of the royals thread yesterday, people were laughing/disagreeing when someone said "Shoe of the year" or them reaching $400+
Lol i def doubted the topping 400. Partly because of usual 1s history, the other part due to expecting decent numbers. Hahaha fail. Either way im happy to have my "grails" as people say on here.

Banneds also have a pretty cool inside to them. More differences than quality and "X" but whatever
I mean yeah, the "What if?" lace tips and all that stuff. But the only thing you would notice on the exterior is the different shade of red, quality, and the X on the back if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
who remembers the jordan 1 alphas and the nu retro 1?
laugh.gif

i must admit i bought a pair of the nu retro 1 low top for 50 bucks at the outlet... think it was white navy

ah brings abck memories not my pic by the way
haha got one the same one for $20, then they made a nu retro of the nu retro later on lol... thats like the only 1 i've own with out a swoosh

^
I've held/inspected one. they're not comfortable either just like most ones so I don't get it. maybe it's the 109.99 outlet price tag?
I'm getting the December release for sure tho.
Or it could be the differentiation from the rest of the black and red 1s and the exclusivity? I thought that along with the better quality of leather were the reasons why. And well.. Hype for these has exponentially increased to get those IG likes. :smh:
Banned 1s had good quality. Like kobeoverlebron said, the leather isn't $500-600 quality but that's not the sole reason the price is that high. Love the banneds but that price is ridiculous and yes I do have a pair...

Last edited:
the banned 1 is just unique, the aesthetics of the shoe and the "x" branding and packaging make it valuable. 

dont get me wrong, i understand its still a black/red colorway but the quality leather seperates the banned 1 into a higher tier than an 01 ... the way i see it, and this is me:  im rocking 01s regularly but definetly keeping the banneds on ice

the banned 1 is just unique, the aesthetics of the shoe and the "x" branding and packaging make it valuable. 
dont get me wrong, i understand its still a black/red colorway but the quality leather seperates the banned 1 into a higher tier than an 01 ... the way i see it, and this is me:  im rocking 01s regularly but definetly keeping the banneds on ice

I came in here just to say to you... WHAT?

The quality on the 2001 shoe far surpasses the "motorcycle distressed leather cool because its limited" Banned 1. And I have both pair.

Yup exactly this. Royals have a much nicer and softer sock liner. They also have a different fabric for the tongue (materials were noted a long time ago, forgot names.. Nylon and something else?) Royals tongue is a lot softer and nicer feeling too. Shadows have a more shiny, stiffer tongue but that's closer to OG anyways I believe.
Its just like a Phat 1 IMO ...

all of the NA 1s this year have been very nice and worthy of a cop and are surprisingly comfy IMO but someone will always gripe about something thats not OG or better on a past release but honestly who cares, they still look super clean and nice. Im a happy jordan 1 fan this year let me tell ya (minus the hype)

My only gripe is that they really need to reconsider the insoles. i just yanked my insoles out of my shadows for a set of dr scholl actives (got em cheap). Major upgrade an i dont care about the n/a inside. Come to realize i have a pretty high arch and the flat foot of the 1s dont work for me like when i was younger. about a week or so worth of wear and the stock insole is showing it cant really hold up. I plan to do this with all the 1s im gonna wear on purchase and just chuck the insole in the box with the laces.

I see Niketalk dumped Sneaker Ape finally or they chose to stop sponsoring, I'm not sure which.

I bet we start seeing GM pairs of these ALL over in the next month or two, I'm surprised they aren't already out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom