JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Banned slander? Lol lets all just say that the hype from the banned's came from the NA and now that we're getting black/red 1's back with NA we think banned's are awful.
Classic "if I don't have them or if they're too limited for me to attain for a reasonable price, they must suck" sodium.  Quality wise, only a blind man can hold/wear that shoe and say that it's not one of the best shoes from a materials/construction standpoint Nike/Jordan brand has produced in a decade plus.  To dispute that is just asinine.  That's something that has zero to do with the #s.

I'll gladly take 2 pairs of this year's version.  Rock one weekly, toss the other one in the stash.  You can never have enough Black n Red 1's.

Last edited:
Classic "if I don't have them or if they're too limited for me to attain for a reasonable price, they must suck" sodium.  Quality wise, only a blind man can hold/wear that shoe and say that it's not one of the best shoes from a materials/construction standpoint Nike/Jordan brand has produced in a decade plus.  To dispute that is just asinine.  That's something that has zero to do with the #s.

I'll gladly take 2 pairs of this year's version.  Rock one weekly, toss the other one in the stash.  You can never have enough Black n Red 1's.

And in a nut shell, THIS

I can see why people wouldn't perfer the Banneds. I remember at a time I was searching for some '01s bad, but couldn't find em then settled for the Banneds. I like the smooth leather look, but the vintage distressed leather look on the Banneds isn't bad at all either. As for the X on the back, it's not noticeable whatsoever. On feet I've seen many people mistake the Banneds with the '01s when they first came out. On one occasion I myself had to double take when I saw some cat wearing em years back.

All in all, there's no way the B/Red 1 could look bad. Unless they're the Alphas :lol:

THIS as well

Now why in thee blue hell would i own a pair of shoes i think are stupid?

come on now :lol:

If you had it and sold it, I understand. If not?

Fam, that's like saying, "Why on earth would I read a book when I can just judge a book by its cover."

You make no sense. Please. Stop.

So someone has to own something in order to not like it? Its a shoe, not a book. You don't have to read through a shoe. A shoe is what you see is what you get fam. If he doesn't like the look of the X, then thats his opinion. And I agree, that damn X on the back is ugly compared to the clean blank heel on the OG/94/01/13 joints.

Some of you guys hype these banned joints up too hard. They aren't even true to the OG sneaker. If you like it cool, I don't knock you. But don't act like its the best Jordan 1. Because its far from it. In my opinion...

So someone has to own something in order to not like it? Its a shoe, not a book. You don't have to read through a shoe. A shoe is what you see is what you get fam. If he doesn't like the look of the X, then thats his opinion. And I agree, that damn X on the back is ugly compared to the clean blank heel on the OG/94/01/13 joints.

Some of you guys hype these banned joints up too hard. They aren't even true to the OG sneaker. If you like it cool, I don't knock you. But don't act like its the best Jordan 1. Because its far from it. In my opinion...

QFT

Blk/red 1s are all the same to me. Kinda bittersweet that i traded one of my dmp pairs for aqua 8s, but i still got another backup. Looking forward to these.

When Banneds were created did they have it mapped out that 2013 would be the return of the OG 1's? I often wonder how far ahead their vision is

Nike plans are set years in advance. The banned release was a test for this stellar year of NA branding. We would not be where we are today if the banneds flopped.

Also, it was stated that the production of the banneds were stopped due to slim profit margins. Higher than anticipated cost of material vs. Cost of retail. (They could've raised the msrp, but maybe the consumer was not ready?)

lol. I guess some people don't know what metaphors are anymore huh? Some of y'all literally thinking i believe books are the same thing as shoes. And I am NOT trying to hype up the Banneds.

Look I understand its his opinion that they are stupid. That's fine. I just don't have a superficial approach when I cop my shoes.

What if y'all learned that these OG 1s had terrible plastic leather quality and had the comfort of a junkyard sofa? But you can't tell cause they all look the same to most. Would you still be copping?

How about those 2011 Concords? "They look so cool though. MUST COP." How flimsy and wavy has that ankle pleather area has become cause they are so cheap? Or how uncomfortable they are compared to a pair of 2000s. Not to mention those weren't even true to OG especially the low patent leather cut and that synthetic feeling CF.

My POINT is NOT that shoes are the same as books. It is that there is more to a shoe than how it looks. There is history, quality, memories, some sort of significance other than how it looks. If someone were to say something was stupid after understanding those factors then I would understand that.

How many of y'all call out Hypebeasts because someone cops a shoe because they like how it looks? Now if someone says they won't cop a shoe cause they think it looks stupid then that's okay? I thought to sneakerheads it's more than what it looks like. At least to me it's more than what it looks like.

lol. I guess some people don't know what metaphors are anymore huh? Some of y'all literally thinking i believe books are the same thing as shoes. And I am NOT trying to hype up the Banneds.

Look I understand its his opinion that they are stupid. That's fine. I just don't have a superficial approach when I cop my shoes.

What if y'all learned that these OG 1s had terrible plastic leather quality and had the comfort of a junkyard sofa? But you can't tell cause they all look the same to most. Would you still be copping?

How about those 2011 Concords? "They look so cool though. MUST COP." How flimsy and wavy has that ankle pleather area has become cause they are so cheap? Or how uncomfortable they are compared to a pair of 2000s. Not to mention those weren't even true to OG especially the low patent leather cut and that synthetic feeling CF.

My POINT is NOT that shoes are the same as books. It is that there is more to a shoe than how it looks. There is history, quality, memories, some sort of significance other than how it looks. If someone were to say something was stupid after understanding those factors then I would understand that.

How many of y'all call out Hypebeasts because someone cops a shoe because they like how it looks? Now if someone says they won't cop a shoe cause they think it looks stupid then that's okay? I thought to sneakerheads it's more than what it looks like. At least to me it's more than what it looks like.
true it is very much so but most of us who cop jordans are doing it for its look and for the way the LOOKED on the court, it always was about fashion on and off the court for jordans. So yeah people will still cop even with crap quality because they look good. Every sneakerhead in here cops because of looks and if thats not true then we shouldnt be coppin retros thats for sure

true it is very much so but most of us who cop jordans are doing it for its look and for the way the LOOKED on the court, it always was about fashion on and off the court for jordans. So yeah people will still cop even with crap quality because they look good. Every sneakerhead in here cops because of looks and if thats not true then we shouldnt be coppin retros thats for sure
Yeah fam I guess at the most basic level it's just shoes and looks. I just try to believe its more than that

these OG Retro 1s that JB has done this year have been the best retros theyve done in years.IMO they did an excellent job re-creating the original 1s from 85. They gave us nike air, a true high and pretty much stayed true to the original.

Last edited:
Wow don't y'all get tired of aruging over nothing 
I agree but I've kept my mouth quiet because I can't all about the banneds because I've never held a pair but I love them. Regardless of the Xs and way the leather looks I think it's a spin on a classic similar to the black grapes releasing this year (a bit more drastic example but still works imo) and it commemorates something special in the air jordan line. Whether its hyped up or not Idc a black/red I is what I think of when I think of the shoe to define JB,

This thread is lock worthy and we're 3 months out from the release, lol.
laugh.gif
 I'm with you on that one lol

Wow don't y'all get tired of aruging over nothing 
:lol:

I love to argue what I believe in and what I'm passionate about.

Albeit its the reason why the Black and Gold thread is locked.

Fight for the things you love I guess. Would be boring with everyone agreeing and no debate. What's a forum without debate?

Buy what you like straight up ,banned quality is amazing who are you kidding if I could get banned for a good price I'd be all over them ,with that being said I want the 13 black and red 1's as well at least 1 pair..... Classic timeless shoe IMO

Back
Top Bottom