JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Shipping cost does not count towards custom fees.  I don't know what state you are in but there are no import taxes where I am.  If I bought these it would be $182.45 plus whatever chimps shipping is, and that is it.  No tax, no customs charge.
lucky you

im in the US and a 110 pair comes to 145 after taxes and shipping

plus if i pay with my card and i get charged in GBP

im paying more in fees to my card company converting the GBP to USD

LOL @ PEOPLE CALCULATING THE PRICE AND ISH LIKE THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A LEGIT CHANCE IN GETTING EM. IT'S THREE AND A HALF HOURS BEFORE THE RELEASE AND THE SITE IS ALREADY CRASHING. I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE I'M GOING TO GIVE IN AND PAY THAT RESALE AND MOVE THE F ON.

I'm posting late pics but better late than never. Had these in since saturday, but have been too exhausted from this whole release and the drama that came with it to even post pics as soon as I got em in. Just glad it was over. But due to all the GM/fake concerns I've spent the last three days constantly examining, inspecting and comparing my amazon seller pair to my FTL pair (old faithful connect ended up coming through last min in the clutch like he did with royals, so big ups to him) and I give up. Though there are some slight inconsistencies between the two pairs, I've come to realize and accept what I already know. And that's the fact that no two shoes are the exact same. Though made the same with the same materials, they all come out with slight differences but are ultimately authentic. The only part that has had me scratching my head is on the left shoe of the amazon pair, the black ankle/ heel padding and its leather is much harder and stiffer than the retail pair. The retail pairs' black leather and cushioning on the ankle/heel padding "gives more" when u press against it and the leather wrinkles/stresses with ease. Can't say the same for the left shoe on amazon pair. Now the right shoes' ankle/heel padding/leather on amazon/SHOOPOP pair is fine and is not nearly as stiff as the left shoe and has some give and wrinkles real nice when pressed, similar to if not exactly like the retail pair. Everything else on the amazon pair checks out fine to me (box font, stamp, overall shoe leather, sole patterns, lace bag, no widow peeks etc.) and I believe they are authentic but if sent under quality control, I think would have been considered b grade which I do hate but can live with if thats in fact the case. At this point if it turns out that I have GMs, hate to say it but so be it. I'm tired of worrying about these and constantly comparing all day on some OCD ****. My girl starting to think I'm crazy and I feel her but like I told her, I have never bought fakes so the idea haunts me plus I really need two pairs of these. There no clear evidence that support these being fake by any means. They look and feel the same with same materials minus the questionable black ankle/padding leather on left shoe. So I'm going to keep em and let it be. Also it's worth noting that my retail pair has slight inconsistencies between the right and left shoe, so I'll take it for what it's worth. I know this is a long winded post but I hope it helps someone who is experiencing the same and has doubts. When all the dust has cleared, I ultimately ended up with the beloved "2 pairs". Happy New Year bros! Here's mine:
don't scratch your head too much,

after reading this thread, some differences between GM and retail are easily recognizable (not to mention the obvious stuff like the leather's quality or the color)

1- the "R" (Registered trademark symbol) on the box, the retail pair have a "R" with round edges

2- the sole, it's not the same texture, pattern between GM and retail

check this thread :

http://niketalk.com/t/578800/2013-retro-1-bred-fake-guide

you know even retail pairs have awful flaws, I got 3 breds from NDC (eu), and none of the three are the same, each one have flaws, (red paint on white sole, the leather straight cut isn't that straight, one shoe looks like it got the left toe box on the right shoe, it's like a B grade)

one thing i've learned with Nike and their awful factories is : dont freak out about flaw, most of the time nike factories fail

just hope nike step up their game about quality, or drop prices, yeah i know i'm dreaming, nike always win

hope you guys may pick up and rock the AJ 1 bred this year...

wish you luck

Last edited:
:rofl: how did this thread open back up. This shoe is gonna end up being the biggest release of 2014 too :rofl: :rofl:

+ shipping + tax = ~145 GBP is what he was saying
Tax from where?  Most of the UK sites Ive bought from don't charge you tax.  Tax is determined by the destination with a online purchase.   Similar to why you don't pay tax from Amazon unless amazon has a physical location in your state.  My shoes from END this past weekend did not have tax.

Yes, though at the end of the year my state suggests that I pay a "use tax" on e-bought goods.  :x

Last edited:

Thanks!

Luckily I was able to grab GS one for retail :smile:

But I also got an offer for 7.5 us for 230$ and I was wondering if better quality of mens version is worth paying such price. After all, I have my gs pair ... What do you think?
quality isn't that much better to pay $230 if you fit into gs sizes. maybe if you were able to get for <$200. i wouldn't pull the trigger.

the website crashed because allot of people aren't educated on timezones haha, they though they were releasing at 8pm probably here PST. hahaha

but if you did buy from the chimp website you know they would be legit instead of stressing over a retailers authenticity. 

+ shipping + tax = ~145 GBP is what he was saying
Tax from where?  Most of the UK sites Ive bought from don't charge you tax.  Tax is determined by the destination with a online purchase.   Similar to why you don't pay tax from Amazon unless amazon has a physical location in your state.  My shoes from END this past weekend did not have tax.

Yes, though at the end of the year my state suggests that I pay a "use tax" on e-bought goods.  :x
Some UK sites do charge tax no matter where it is, called VAT. Some prices include VAT and some sites dont charge it if youre out of their country.

I can't believe the hype on these ...un-freaking-believable. It's the royals all over again. Guys get a grip, there's plenty of variations of black and red jordan 1s if you don't get these

And they are all utter trash in comparison to these. See I notice there is always a guy like yourself (and no disrespect of course) that makes a comment like yours and just don't get it. These are not just ANY run of the mill air jordan 1. These are an original CW and the most popular OG CW of the Air Jordan 1 model. These have the have the original Nike Air branding on the tongue with the original overlap stitching which hasn't been done on bred 1s since it's first retro in 1994, not a jumpman logo. These come in "Hi" form and not "mid" which is also true to the OG from '85. These are not the trash 1s (mostly retro+ CW mids) you see flooded on shelfs at HOH and other stores. Bro what you and others have to understand is these are not just 1s, these are "THE" 1s to have if you are going to have some 1s. Same goes for the other OG CWs. But these are the cream of the crop so to speak of OG ones based on the history of this CW in general. You have to really know your **** to appreciate these and that will help you understand the hype. Plus making them limited did not help. But yeah these are not "just" some 1s and certainly not something you can substitute with a "variation" of any sort.

Last edited:
why do ppl suger coat the word fake and call it gray market on here? im new so pls  excuse me if im out of line 
smile.gif

Thechimpstore has 12,000 followers on instagram, where they posted the drop information with an exact date and time.

You guys really think I blew the lid on some super secret site?? Puh-lease.

I only posted it in here because I wasn't going to be awake at 3am EST to have my .00001% chance to grab another pair.

That being said, good night, and good luck.

Thechimpstore has 12,000 followers on instagram, where they posted the drop information with an exact date and time.

You guys really think I blew the lid on some super secret site?? Puh-lease.

I only posted it in here because I wasn't going to be awake at 3am EST to have my .00001% chance to grab another pair.

That being said, good night, and good luck.

I've never been live in a thread where so many jimmys have been rustled.

Im mad too since I did my due diligence and even swapped work shifts to try on the site.

But I still find it funny that I've been reduced to this for some shoes.

Back
Top Bottom