JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Man I saw where it started,but didn't see what happened. Either way, protos collection is meaningless to me. They aren't mine, he's a ****, I don't care. Some people have the dopest collections, but the attitude ruins the slightest interest I may have in em.

On a non-proto related news, just a heads up for the ones whose orders disappeared on their order history. I just got my Paypal refund notice from my chimp purchase.
You guys are something else 
roll.gif

how was that a burn? did you not notice i've had those banneds up there on ebay for like a year? gladly letting them sit at $1k, and $1200 b4 that? :lol: i've obviously been in no hurry to sell them, hence turning down offers of $750 (to be fair tho, that's been kinda low since cats have been paying $600+ for used pairs, and size 13 is more rare)...

i just haven't taken 'em down yet, in fact, i prolly won't, cuz if someone drops a stack on em then i prolly will sell 'em and use the money to pick up a grail (and will still have another pair of DS banneds = win)...

i wasn't saying i didn't wanna sell now cuz i love them so much, i was saying i think they're gonna be worth way more later. and usually when i predict these types of things, i'm right (held onto a few of the infrared pack, which for a few months after RD you could barely get retail for, then recently sold for $7 - 800 each... or how everyone said the yeezy 2's would make the 1's go down in price, i said they'd go up... people called me crazy, sure enough they almost doubled... etc, etc).

for a minute there i thought this 2013 retro would be in much larger numbers, and that would drive down the price a bit for the banneds, which is why i was considering taking like $750 for them...

Damn Proto why did you even answer :lol: you're better than thatLock in 3,2,1....let's stay ok topic fellas. This got locked once already

and how was i trying so hard for the 2013 breds? i spent 2 hours, tops, online, clicking around for them (and not even the whole time, i would just browse this thread when i got tired of it, and then try back a few minutes later)... that's not trying hard. i coulda easily lined up and caught them locally, but couldn't be bothered to go out in the cold in the morning.

i wanted the 2013 breds cuz they're a decent, true to the OG, retro, and i got a decent little bred 1 collection going, so they should be in it. doesn't mean i think they're amazing, and not pleather, and will lose sleep if i don't have them.

Last edited:
I think Banneds are dope and well done, but what really made me love the shoe was the return of Nike Air. The good leather and all the extras was just a added bonus. But the 2013s I prefer because they come with the original box they came in back in 1985. For all intents and purposes, the 2013s are hands down the truest retro of the Bred 1 ever. It's done as accurate as can possibly be. The 25K number is nearly the amount they released in back in 2001. I honestly see resale value on these settling at $500-$600, if not slightly more.

If anyone is to blame for these shoes going for so much, its the majority of you for acting like these shoes are the cure for cancer. Resellers pay attention to the hype in these threads and all of this talk of "I need a pair, i don't care how much it costs" fuels the fire. I remember when 01 Royals and Breds went for no more than $400 and that was DS. I got a VNDS pair of 01 Royals for $175 shipped a few years ago. In this day and age, that wouldnt happen anymore.

Also the 01 Jordan 1s are some of the most uncomfortable shoes i've ever worn. And i hate that they have durabuck swooshes. The leather is good but not outstanding. Hell AF1s from back then had way better leather and were cheaper.

In other news, as of now, my size has just about disappeared on me locally around my way. Hoping maybe a few more pop up from Online orders but who knows

man... you guys reach so hard some times...

then ya wanna use this as a way to take all kinds of shots (which i'll remember when you're PMing me for help on something)... so easily and quick throwing around the "hype beast" term these days... you obviously don't even know what the word means...

i only buy and wear shoes i like (of many diff brands, i like variety), which consists of plenty of unhyped, under the radar releases... hell, i was on asics in 2008 b4 there was any hype at all... i pass on hyped up releases ALL the time... i borrow some styles from ye and and freely admit to it and i get labeled all kinds of stuff... well that's cool, but at least i admit to his influence. he got most of y'all wearing slimmer fit jeans than you used to, or waxed denim, or bracelets, or leather (something i don't mess with), or all of it, and all kinds of little trends, and you lie to yourself about it... :lol: there's plenty of trends he starts that i call ugly and don't rock with (true stans wouldn't do that, they'd so ANYTHING he does, i think leather pants are ugly, i think givenchy is ugly, i think the over sized tees are ugly when not layered underneath, i think a lot of stuff he does is wack and i don't follow it)... there's plenty of styles, brands, whatever, that i have rocked with, or pick up on currently, that have NOTHING to do with him...

but y'all don't wanna see any of that... you just wanna take shots however you can... i get it...

In other news, as of now, my size has just about disappeared on me locally around my way. Hoping maybe a few more pop up from Online orders but who knows

That's happening to me too. Don't want to add more hype but my size is nonexistent on CL or in FB groups. I thought once resellers received their online orders they would put them up, but haven't seen anything yet.

Could it be people are actually buying shoes and keeping them instead of trying to turn a profit?

Last edited:
man... you guys reach so hard some times...

then ya wanna use this as a way to take all kinds of shots (which i'll remember when you're PMing me for help on something)... so easily and quick throwing around the "hype beast" term these days... you obviously don't even know what the word means...

[COLOR=#red]i only buy and wear shoes i like[/COLOR] (of many diff brands, i like variety), which consists of plenty of unhyped, under the radar releases... hell, i was on asics in 2008 b4 there was any hype at all... i pass on hyped up releases ALL the time... i borrow some styles from ye and and freely admit to it and i get labeled all kinds of stuff... well that's cool, but at least i admit to his influence. he got most of y'all wearing slimmer fit jeans than you used to, or waxed denim, or bracelets, or leather (something i don't mess with), or all of it, and all kinds of little trends, and you lie to yourself about it... :lol: there's plenty of trends he starts that i call ugly and don't rock with (true stans wouldn't do that, they'd so ANYTHING he does, i think leather pants are ugly, i think givenchy is ugly, i think the over sized tees are ugly when not layered underneath, i think a lot of stuff he does is wack and i don't follow it)... there's plenty of styles, brands, whatever, that i have rocked with, or pick up on currently, that have NOTHING to do with him...

but y'all don't wanna see any of that... you just wanna take shots however you can... i get it...
know what i'm sayin? :lol:

not sure how you can prefer shiny, hard,
[COLOR=#red]plastic, crap pleather[/COLOR], over that sweet, soft, tumbled, textured, REAL leather...

JB and nike got cats brainwashed into thinking crap quality materials are better looking somehow... :lol:

these 2013's are about to jump after the majority of resellers have unloaded their stock.

so later, if you're gonna drop 4 - 6 hundred + for these
cheap pieces of crap, you might as well drop a bit more on a properly RARE, high QUALITY version of the shoe.

i'm not even gonna sell my two DS pairs of banneds anytime soon, they've already been fetching OG 85 prices, and DS pairs are already few and far between, so later they're gonna be dumb hard to find.

the cats who prefer shiny pleather won't be interested in them at all, but for the connoisseurs out there who collect high quality shoes, the banned 1's will be the only ones to have (they're better quality than the OG's)...

and how was i trying so hard for the 2013 breds? i spent 2 hours, tops, online, clicking around for them (and not even the whole time, i would just browse this thread when i got tired of it, and then try back a few minutes later)... that's not trying hard. i coulda easily lined up and caught them locally, but couldn't be bothered to go out in the cold in the morning.

[COLOR=#red]i wanted the 2013 breds cuz they're a decent[/COLOR], true to the OG, retro, and i got a decent little bred 1 collection going, so they should be in it. doesn't mean i think they're amazing, and not pleather, and will lose sleep if i don't have them.
So I guess it's safe to say you wanted DECENT PIECES OF CRAP. :x

Back
Top Bottom