JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Finally, another voice of common sense in here. Repped. I said my max is $170-$175 but I've owned almost every single number J since 2000 and honestly never paid above $160 shipped. What these youngins don't understand is how to get prices down. Everybody is so driven by consumerism and materialism that they don't know how to say NO.

I cringe when I hear dudes say $250 is a deal on a shoe that was $65 on sale a decade ago with arguably worse quality now.

I learned like you to set a limits not above retail and not give resellers a chance to survive. If everyone thought this way prices would be lower. Of course this is the USA though. That'll never happen. I choose to be the change I wanna see though.

I understand your thinking and I used to be exactly the same way. But lets be honest here, today it just wont happen. Game is just way different now. Nothing us single individual can do that will make a difference. Probably only to yourself. I use to be the same way but missed out on so many release cause I refused to pay more than $25 above retail on the shoes I really want. But now and days if you want a limited pair and it happens to be one of your favorite. If you miss out, expect to pay if you really want them.

Last edited:
When did I mention or compare these to the Gammas? That's not even a fair comparison based on how many pairs of Gammas there are out there.

I rather pay $350 for an authentic pair instead of going through the stress of trying to figure out if I got ripped off by some random fly by night pre-order site.

Exactly. Nobody wants to wants stress being ripped off on Rd also nobody wants to spend 350 on a jordan 1. The reason why I mentioned the gammas is because that's a shoe that most people wouldn't worry about until RD because they were available in abundance. But because people know these will sell out way faster people don't miss up an opportunity to spend a little more to secure a pair earlier. That's why people like myself have been asking if some of these early sites. I feel what ur saying but when a shoe is limited the thirst is real . Lol

I agree with that thought process to a certain extent and Iwould never tell another man how to spend his cash. Nobody wants to pay above retail for anything, no matter what it is. However we all know that's not happening if you strike out release day. $350 is a lot, especially for some 1s, but if you want them bad enough you'll buy them regardless of pricing. The thirst is real my friend lol just make sure everything is legit, I cringe when i hear dudes buying from these random pre-order sites we never heard of until yesterday :smh:

Finally, another voice of common sense in here. Repped. I said my max is $170-$175 but I've owned almost every single number J since 2000 and honestly never paid above $160 shipped. What these youngins don't understand is how to get prices down. Everybody is so driven by consumerism and materialism that they don't know how to say NO.

I cringe when I hear dudes say $250 is a deal on a shoe that was $65 on sale a decade ago with arguably worse quality now.

I learned like you to set a limits not above retail and not give resellers a chance to survive. If everyone thought this way prices would be lower. Of course this is the USA though. That'll never happen. I choose to be the change I wanna see though.

I understand your thinking and I used to be exactly the same way. But lets be honest here, today it just wont happen. Game is just way different now. Nothing us single individual can do that will make a difference. Probably only to yourself. I use to be the same way but missed out on so many release cause I refused to pay more than $25 above retail on the shoes I really want. But now and days if you want a limited pair and it happens to be one of your favorite. If you miss out, expect to pay if you really want them.

The realistic voice of common sense right here. Repped.

Last edited:

That's what I'm saying though. You have the mentality that you have to have this shoe by any means (in this case price) necessary. I learned to just say no and that at the end of the day these are just SHOES.

I'm grown and have a growing family. As I got older I just realized that no matter what my income is I value spending money on things that will last and that are eternal over kicks and clothes. I'd rather take that $250 and put it aside for a nice Caribbean family vacation and make some lasting memories as opposed to knowing I got the freshest kicks. It really is just a mentality. I'm not knocking anyone's hustle but I'm just saying in my house-we don't pay above retail. We have our limits. Those retail limits frees us up to use our money on what matters most to us.

I don't doubt some of these random online pop up sneaker sites have authentics, but ask yourselves...if you were sitting on a huge stash of GM kicks when would be the best time to sell them? My wisdom and street smarts tells me the best time to sell would be near enough to RD where people are so thirsty they don't expect things. Maybe that's just me being skeptical but I'd wait on those smaller sites too. This is the perfect season to get got.

That's what I'm saying though. You have the mentality that you have to have this shoe by any means (in this case price) necessary. I learned to just say no and that at the end of the day these are just SHOES.

I'm grown and have a growing family. As I got older I just realized that no matter what my income is I value spending money on things that will last and that are eternal over kicks and clothes. I'd rather take that $250 and put it aside for a nice Caribbean family vacation and make some lasting memories as opposed to knowing I got the freshest kicks. It really is just a mentality. I'm not knocking anyone's hustle but I'm just saying in my house-we don't pay above retail. We have our limits. Those retail limits frees us up to use our money on what matters most to us.

There are people on this board who can spend $250 on these 1s and put another $250 aside for a nice Caribbean family vacation at the same damn time. You can piss $250 away in the club on a Saturday night, it's not a lot of money. If you're financial stable and have disposable income, there shouldn't be a limit on what you WANT.

There are people on this board who can spend $250 on these 1s and put another $250 aside for a nice Caribbean family vacation at the same damn time. You can piss $250 away in the club on a Saturday night, it's not a lot of money. If you're financial stable and have disposable income, there shouldn't be a limit on what you WANT.

Early

If you can do both

Not that I was gonna order but I've noticed that with every pre-order site, 10.5 is the first to go. I'm gonna have to be quick as **** come Saturday
mean.gif

Bonus
CSZzAQ1.png

i know most just let this ride but this is clearly a back-hallway shot of a store in a mall.

i did some work as a fedex driver and those hallways leads to the various stores stockrooms. 

im surprised my latino brethren didnt jump on his "mucho zapata" comment ( i thought i read something about grammar police while i caught up ont he last 30 pages) anyways its supposed to be " muchos zapatos" ...though most wont care

Last edited:
Id drop 250 on these only from a legit pre-order seller or if for some reason i strike out on RD. 

still counting on my fcfs spot to come through, but $250 on these ( i dont care that they are ones)  is a whole lot better than the "pay 300 + for gamma mindset"

Last edited:

i know most just let this ride but this is clearly a back-hallway shot of a store in a mall.

i did some work as a fedex driver and those hallways leads to the various stores stockrooms. 

im surprised my latino brethren didnt jump on his "mucho zapata" comment ( i thought i read something about grammar police while i caught up ont he last 30 pages) anyways its supposed to be " much zapato" ...though most wont care
"muchos zapatos" lol

Lol ok. That's what I'm saying. That's the materialism mentality. I said it's not about the income it's about the mentality. Saying things like "There shouldn't be a limit on what you want." is that mindset. It's that get it no matter what the cost mentality.

I personally don't care how you or anyone chooses to spend their finances but I can assure you if you research people like Warren Buffet, Dave Ramsey, and some other notable people making the most of their money (I'm not talking about new money either) then you'll see a different mentality.

You do whatever you think is best for you. All I'm saying is in my house we have a different mentality. I was agreeing the the dude I quoted b/c it sounds like we share similar values.

My position is the same. Bred 1's at retail + shipping or not at all for ME.

Damn right. I only buy retail, but my homie captainsneakerhead23 captainsneakerhead23 is a little slower than me, so he gonna spend that $300 and then he has good friends like me that are gonna pay the difference for him to take this trip to Jamaica. And we won't go without 2013 Blk/red 1's on our feet (oh and just like your incorrect info on overseas sites costs and shipping times, Mochachip, you're also wrong about the quality of the 2013 OG 1's in comparison to ten years ago. They do in fact test very well against that quality and the comfort level is insanely better in the 2013's. We can wear 2013's all week in Jamaica and all over Bob's plantation. You won't catch me in my 2001's or 94's walking for more than 2 hours).

Jahhhhhhh man!!

i went to HOH glendale last night since they werent answering their phone and they told me they were doing the raffle for these and the kobe prelude 4s on friday. for some reason i dont think that was accurate information.

Last edited:

i went to HOH glendale last night since they werent answering their phone and they told me they were doing the raffle for these and the kobe prelude 4s on friday. for some reason i dont think that was accurate information.
HOH near me is doing a raffle on Friday also. The manager also said they had more pairs of these than the Royals. 

Damn right. I only buy retail, but my homie captainsneakerhead23 captainsneakerhead23 is a little slower than me, so he gonna spend that $300 and then he has good friends like me that are gonna pay the difference for him to take this trip to Jamaica. And we won't go without 2013 Blk/red 1's on our feet (oh and just like your incorrect info on overseas sites costs and shipping times, Mochachip, you're also wrong about the quality of the 2013 OG 1's in comparison to ten years ago. They do in fact test very well against that quality and the comfort level is insanely better in the 2013's. We can wear 2013's all week in Jamaica and all over Bob's plantation. You won't catch me in my 2001's or 94's walking for more than 2 hours).

Jahhhhhhh man!!

Lol. Ok. I have 5 EURO not UK sites open and I have 8 UK sites that will have them NOT including NDC and I can assure you even with Euro shipping (which can be anywhere from the low $10 USD to $35 USD depending on the sites) you will pay more overall ordering with GBP than you will with Euros.

No need to debate though. I'm just trying to help the people out considering buying overseas. I have friends in the UK and Europe now and anyone in the UK will tell you their stuff outside of NDC is more.

Back
Top Bottom