JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

I miss old school NT and of course, buying shoes then.... Everyone here just lurks now and get info where unlike before people here would actually help you find a spot or grab a shoe for you for retail....

Last edited:
if they're legit, thats a steal compared to some of the prices thrown around in this thread

Not even, I suggest you make sure it's legit though
if they're legit, thats a steal compared to some of the prices thrown around in this thread
They are legit... from a connect  in Europe.  He's selling them to me for 200 Euro shipped, that freakin exchange rate is a killer. 

were you around when NikeTalk "first" started? Lol, but yes times in the shoe game was much simpler back then... smh at the way the game has evolved and what it has turned into.

I knew it existed but only viewed it sparingly. I didn't start using it a lot until I was in grad school back in 2004. Now it's all about getting an edge. The hard part is everyone has access to the same information. Getting releases now comes down to either a great bot, pure luck or unfathomable persistence.

Getting releases now comes down to either a great bot, pure luck or unfathomable persistence.
Kinda like getting a good job in today's economy 
laugh.gif

it is what it is bruh

I'm posting late pics but better late than never. Had these in since saturday, but have been too exhausted from this whole release and the drama that came with it to even post pics as soon as I got em in. Just glad it was over. But due to all the GM/fake concerns I've spent the last three days constantly examining, inspecting and comparing my amazon seller pair to my FTL pair (old faithful connect ended up coming through last min in the clutch like he did with royals, so big ups to him) and I give up. Though there are some slight inconsistencies between the two pairs, I've come to realize and accept what I already know. And that's the fact that no two shoes are the exact same. Though made the same with the same materials, they all come out with slight differences but are ultimately authentic. The only part that has had me scratching my head is on the left shoe of the amazon pair, the black ankle/ heel padding and its leather is much harder and stiffer than the retail pair. The retail pairs' black leather and cushioning on the ankle/heel padding "gives more" when u press against it and the leather wrinkles/stresses with ease. Can't say the same for the left shoe on amazon pair. Now the right shoes' ankle/heel padding/leather on amazon/SHOOPOP pair is fine and is not nearly as stiff as the left shoe and has some give and wrinkles real nice when pressed, similar to if not exactly like the retail pair. Everything else on the amazon pair checks out fine to me (box font, stamp, overall shoe leather, sole patterns, lace bag, no widow peeks etc.) and I believe they are authentic but if sent under quality control, I think would have been considered b grade which I do hate but can live with if thats in fact the case. At this point if it turns out that I have GMs, hate to say it but so be it. I'm tired of worrying about these and constantly comparing all day on some OCD ****. My girl starting to think I'm crazy and I feel her but like I told her, I have never bought fakes so the idea haunts me plus I really need two pairs of these. There no clear evidence that support these being fake by any means. They look and feel the same with same materials minus the questionable black ankle/padding leather on left shoe. So I'm going to keep em and let it be. Also it's worth noting that my retail pair has slight inconsistencies between the right and left shoe, so I'll take it for what it's worth. I know this is a long winded post but I hope it helps someone who is experiencing the same and has doubts. When all the dust has cleared, I ultimately ended up with the beloved "2 pairs". Happy New Year bros! Here's mine:

View media item 721769View media item 721770View media item 721771View media item 721772
Not champagne, but a lil Wild Turkey with my pizza to celebrate the copp and the New Year!

Last edited:
Thanks for re opening the thread Big J :smile: im still in Honduras and will give it a shot on this hotel WiFi hopefully i can figure out time wise

Gluck to everyone

Thanks for re opening the thread Big J :smile: im still in Honduras and will give it a shot on this hotel WiFi hopefully i can figure out time wise

Gluck to everyone

wasn't my 1st choice. just be prepared to see members disappearing as a consolation prize since they can't get it through their heads that we are a forum and information is shared on a forum.

In all honesty, if it's coming down to the point of finding the slightest inconsistencies between pairs you know are authentic and those you think are authentic.

Inconsistencies so small that it's hard to distinguish between Nike's awful factory flaws or a GM pair

Does it really matter at that point if the pair is GM or Authentic?

Last edited:
And just to be clear:

Any user who attempts to deceive others or suppress information will be ejected from this discussion

I assume many, if not most, of you came here because you appreciate the useful information that our fellow members have been sharing here for the past 14 years.  All of you were new members at some point.  How did you want to be treated back then?

As someone who picked up the 2001s in 2001, let's just say that there isn't a tremendous overlap between that release thread and this one.  You didn't come here on the Mayflower.  Even if you did, that still wouldn't make you more important than anyone else.  

NikeTalk exists to help sneaker fans connect, share information, and learn together.  

If your goal is to make it HARDER for our fellow members to do so just because you think you're somehow more "deserving" of the information, we're going to have a problem.  The elitism is not appreciated.  When you were new, veterans helped you.  If you fancy yourself a veteran today, you should be returning that favor.

Back
Top Bottom