Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Dunks were pretty crazy too.

Low tops retailed at $60-$70 but the RESALE for some of the really rare ones were $250-300 or higher.

That's hell of a resale price.

This…

Most of what I sold at the time was first run SB’s…Forbes, Supa’s, Mulder’s etc…Multiples of each…Then there was Supreme (High’s and Low’s), Futura’s, Dunkles, stuff like that…

Looking at the asking prices on some of this stuff now makes me sick to my stomach :lol:…I made out good back then but damn…

I sold my collection in 2006…Made enough to put a down payment on our first house, and took the whole family to Disney World for two weeks…Resell was definitely there…

And people thought I was wilin' saying I bought a car in 2005 from kicks. :smh:

Mr @Quiggles706 where you at? :rofl:

As well as @ccastro02 & @湾輪話 I seen ya'll liking his post. :lol:

Now that you say that, it got me thinking. I feel like--and this is just what I recall from my standpoint of what I was buying at the time--2005/2006 is when things took a step up as far as prices and things being difficult to get. I was originally thinking more about the 2000-03 or 04 era.

Funny, I'd kinda forgotten about it, but I got in a rut after a relationship ended and sold off a good chunk of my shoes at the time (04-05). Sold or flat out gave away 150 or so pairs and cleared $14k.

EDIT:

@vegetaray123
This…

Most of what I sold at the time was first run SB’s…Forbes, Supa’s, Mulder’s etc…Multiples of each…Then there was Supreme (High’s and Low’s), Futura’s, Dunkles, stuff like that…

Looking at the asking prices on some of this stuff now makes me sick to my stomach :lol:…I made out good back then but damn…

Alllll of this! :rofl:

And people thought I was wilin' saying I bought a car in 2005 from kicks. :smh:

Mr @Quiggles706 where you at? :rofl:

As well as @ccastro02 & @湾輪話 I seen ya'll liking his post. :lol:
Most people who say sh*t like “no one paid resale back in the day” are just tryna justify buying fakes. Straight up. Because if they can make market prices seem “unfair” or “illegitimate” then their fakes seem like a better option. They want the retail price to be seen as the price it’s always “supposed to be” because that’s about how much their fakes cost.

These clowns really act like $170 is the price Off White 1s is “supposed to be.” Once again, if a product is in high demand but the producer intentionally limits supply, then the retail price is basically an arbitrary number that doesn’t really mean anything.

These clowns really act like $170 is the price Off White 1s is “supposed to be.” Once again, if a product is in high demand but the producer intentionally limits supply, then the retail price is basically an arbitrary number that doesn’t really mean anything.
Lol. Nike limits supply to attract hype. That’s been their business model for years. Because when they make too many and they sit on shelves, people don’t want them anymore.

Lol. Nike limits supply to attract hype. That’s been their business model for years. Because when they make too many and they sit on shelves, people don’t want them anymore.
Of course. There’s nothing actually stopping them from making millions of pairs of OW1s. Just like how there’s nothing actually stopping Balenciaga from lowering their prices so that lower and middle class people can afford them. None of it costs all that much to produce. What’s your point?

My hopes of trading a pair of these for Black Toes are getting lower and lower. 🥺

I can only speak for my little corner in NJ coming up but Resell was never non existent, it was just different. And the bar for what was considered “exclusive” was a lot higher. An example that stands out are the laser 4s. Back then if you had something that was more than a few years old it was worth something. If it was an LS release even more. because the chances it has already released in that decade were slim based on how JB released shoes back then. I was never into dunks or Air Force 1s, so I’m sure there were other nuances to those makets.

Yep 2 days before the Europe/Asia drop. Let’s see how much more it drops

I wanna see a cool $400-$450. Before US release.

Get resellers who backdoored to panic sell to get their money back they paid to have them early to push prices down to the high 300's, then the official release and we're sitting at high 200's low 300's when it's all said and done.

Holiday 11 numbers.

Back
Top Bottom