Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Short term resellers are the group that takes an opportunity away from regular buyers and sell that exact same thing back to buyers for a higher price.

Loosely think of it in terms of someone stealing taking your water and selling it back to you. Companies or manufacturers already make limited quanitities of these items and then add resellers using bots, websites/apps crashing, employees backdooring, and now "final bosses" aka couriers to the list of annoying obstacles you compete against to buy a sneaker for retail in 2022.

You're overpaying for obstacles you shouldn't face? Thats your demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that bots and backdooring take more than 10% of the stock. The main reason why you don’t get Ws is because the demand vastly outweighs the supply. As it’s always been since the beginning
It’s a store in Michigan, not gonna say the name but they staged a fake raffle for these. Then another store in Michigan didn’t have anything over a size 9.5. They definitely sold them before the release date and used the raffle for smoke and mirrors.

Todays demand isn't the past demand. No bots, much less hype and interest back then, less msrp, less greed, fewer resellers, less manipulation, simple online process without bots, no queues, no captcha, so therefore some gr products were still available a few weeks and months later. If there were camp outs and lineups you would probably touch a pair in some size. But almost every limited item built lots of hype and demand, thats expected.

Todays demand isn't the past demand.
I agree today’s demand is greater. Collabs, influencers, and that Jordan doc was largely responsible. The higher demand is ultimately why market prices are so high. Also the snkrs app changed the game. The app basically lets the whole world “camp out” all at once

I’ll put it this way. Even if Nike eliminated all bots and backdooring it would still be just as hard to get a dub on hyped releases
No it would not bro. Stop. This doesn’t make any sense. It would absolutely be easier to cop (online for sure) if there were no bots or backdooring. What are you talking about? Lol

No it would not bro. Stop. This doesn’t make any sense. It would absolutely be easier to cop if there were no bots or backdooring. What are you talking about? Lol
We might see a couple more posts here saying they won but that’s about it. Eventually Nike will just produce less pairs. Remember at the end of the day Nike doesn’t actually want to meet the demand, because that’s how you maintain exclusivity and therefore maintain the hype.

It’s a store in Michigan, not gonna say the name but they staged a fake raffle for these. Then another store in Michigan didn’t have anything over a size 9.5. They definitely sold them before the release date and used the raffle for smoke and mirrors.
I’ll say all of them, I live here & have to deal with the bs! Two18, Burn Rubber, Puffer Reds & Xhibition. The back door was opened so hard it fell of the hinges! We were never seeing those pairs 😂

I’ll put it this way. Even if Nike eliminated all bots and backdooring it would still be just as hard to get a dub on hyped releases
You didn't even answer the question.

Of all of the stock of a hype shoe, I would say resellers/backdooring accounts for the majority. Like 60-70-80 percent. You're saying LESS than 10%. **** :stoneface:

Lol just did the whole mold chat with Nike rep and quickly refunded my money without returning shoes, another W

You didn't even answer the question.

Of all of the stock of a hype shoe, I would say resellers/backdooring accounts for the majority. Like 60-70-80 percent. You're saying LESS than 10%. **** :stoneface:
I don’t know what % of the stock is resold but that’s a different question. Some people win a draw legitimately and resell. A lot in fact given how little effort it takes to enter draws on your phone. But as for bots/backdooring I just don’t think it’s a big %. What makes you think it’s the majority?

So I had a chance to examine the 'sale' sticker on my pairs. I've concluded the placement isn't a telltale sign whether they're fake or not. My pairs have stickers placed below the check and beside the check, and I can guarantee they're store purchased. You have to remember they're manually placed by factory workers so there will be inconsistencies. The only way they'd be consistent is if they were printed onto the box.

Some of the pairs. As you can see, the sticker placement is inconsistent.

20221201_023904.jpg

You only need a small percent of resellers who are able to acquire a large percent of sneakers at retail by using the best bots. Multiply that by everyone else who uses a less powerful bot, that is acquiring another percentage. Finally, add the users that don't use bots that may get a smaller percentage of the total stock.

My Modest Chicago collection. Worn pair of 2015’s, DS pair and a couple pairs of L&F’s.
B8075754-5525-4749-8058-57C1150D71F1.jpeg

Don’t buy these at resell right now fellas regardless of what folks are saying, use your common sense. It’s Christmas season, demand is extremely high. Kids are begging their parents for these. I still think we see a dip after Christmas even if it’s only like $50. I’d pay $350 as opposed to $400 any day.

My Modest Chicago collection. Worn pair of 2015’s, DS pair and a couple pairs of L&F’s.

Don’t buy these at resell right now fellas regardless of what folks are saying, use your common sense. It’s Christmas season, demand is extremely high. Kids are begging their parents for these. I still think we see a dip after Christmas even if it’s only like $50. I’d pay $350 as opposed to $400 any day.
stephen-a-wilbon-suns-valley-oop.jpg

You only need a small percent of resellers who are able to acquire a large percent of sneakers at retail by using the best bots. Multiply that by everyone else who uses a less powerful bot, that is acquiring another percentage. Finally, add the users that don't use bots that may get a smaller percentage of the total stock.
So do you think Nike is lying when they say they remove 20 million bot submissions every month? They said bots make up from 10 - 40% of total submissions and they can identify most of them

Ok Mr 5 Pairs Of Chicagos
Full disclosure I only have 3 pairs. I’m gonna gift my kid a pair of L&F’s for Xmas. We wear the same size. But I am looking for a toddler size 7 if someone wants to help me out.

…Also the bots are literally eating up at least %25 of stock on super hyped releases. And that’s being modest.

No its not man, dont listen to duke ill put a stack on it that they gonna go up after Christmas. The sellers who wanna get rid of these quick will get em out by Christmas, the ones who still have pairs after are the ones who can afford to hold on to pairs and waiting for them to just keep going out. These sellers need to get presents too, they need the bread.

Back
Top Bottom