Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

same things go for resellers. huge portion of resellers are/were highschool/college aged kids who live in wealthy suburbs that dont even do it for the money. they do it for bragging rights amongst their other similarly positioned upper middle class resellers. theyre the same kids flipping pokemon cards, nfts, etc. If youre from NJ, you know this was Bergen County from 2010-2019

1669928821328.png

1669928623746.png
crazy how some of those fits back then cost more than a teacher's paycheck

Y’all know there was a time before bots existed and people STILL struck out all the time right? Y’all make it sound like people with bots get ALL the pairs you missed out on. The supply still wouldn’t meet the demand on a big release.

The gatekeeping though :lol:

Just cause you (in general) watched MJ play means you deserve the shoe more? Everyone has a right to get these shoes whether you an OG, a lame, some corny suburban kid, etc.

I’m pro gatekeeping. If I’m being honest.

Also I’m 26 I didn’t watch MJ play. But I’m a hoops fan first, got into Sneakers from playing basketball, browsed NT since I was 14 officially joined when I was 17 and been here since.

I’m pro gate keeping.

Y’all know there was a time before bots existed and people STILL struck out all the time right? Y’all make it sound like people with bots get ALL the pairs you missed out on. The supply still wouldn’t meet the demand on a big release.

sneaker releases before bots consisted of lining up infront of a store hours before release or staying up until midnight hitting add to cart for hours until you eventually checked out. it wasnt exactly convenient to cop shoes in the past but you could take a lot of reasonable steps that didnt involve shelling out extra money to get a pair of shoes for retail.

sneaker releases before bots consisted of lining up infront of a store hours before release or staying up until midnight hitting add to cart for hours until you eventually checked out. it wasnt exactly convenient to cop shoes in the past but you could take a lot of reasonable steps that didnt involve shelling out extra money to get a pair of shoes for retail.

You conveniently left out websites crashing continuously and finally working after sold out. But I’m sure it was that easy and nobody ever missed out :lol:

Here’s my idea

The problem with Bots is they take shoes out of Nike’s core customers hands (at retail), right?

This solution doesn’t solve bots but it solves the problem that bots created:
It shouldn’t be that hard to identify accounts that are clearly regular customers like you and me. Ramp the hell up on EA to the regular joes accounts. Give your whole damn stock to EA lol. Release any leftovers. Bots and everyone else wanting a pair can go for the scraps. But the customers that have a track record of being a normal customer gets first dibs.

Here’s my idea

The problem with Bots is they take shoes out of Nike’s core customers hands (at retail), right?

It shouldn’t be that hard to identify accounts that are clearly regular customers like you and me. Ramp the hell up on EA to the regular joes accounts. Give your whole damn stock to EA lol. Release any leftovers. Bots and everyone else wanting a pair can go for the scraps. But the customers that have a track record of being a normal customer gets first dibs.
Wouldn’t that be bots now since no one else hitting now.

Resellers and bots gonna be a thing forever, aint no remedies for that. Accept it folks, best it can get is resale is lower due to high volume or whatever.

One of the reasons why I "retired" Once I was able to score all the jordan models I wanted, the lust was gone. I don't get that feeling of needing the next retro even if it had Nike Air vs the Jumpman. And I'm 42, I don't go to sneaker events I don't even hang out with sneakerheads like we used to 15 years ago. Bots and reselling has made buying shoes more of a hassle than it should be. I've NEVER paid resell and never will. I was lucky enough to be team retail for all my Js. If I didn't pay for it when I was more invested there's a negative probability I would now. Not only because I think resellers are scummy and savages but there's plenty of other shoes out there that are fire that I can legit just walk into FTL to get. Nike has lost it's gotta have luster with me 🤷‍♂️

the remedy is actually getting someone who writes bot programs to write a TRON program that not only detects bot activity but infects the end user. Imagine botters systems crashing on a drop. They can't sue nike for their computer crashing when they're in clear violation of Nike's TOS as well as any possible state laws.

Here’s my idea

There are probably millions of Nike accounts, how would they keep track of who is a regular customer? And if it’s by purchases, wouldn’t that be mostly big accounts anyway?

Thats the problem with bots, if a bot account was generated correctly its hard to distinguish a bot account and an actual individual's account. Thats how some bot submissions get through and how others are filtered out.

Last edited:
This x1000

I've tried to tell people a million times 95% of the kids wearing Jordan's can't tell you a thing about Jordan outside of his Jersey number and the team he played for.

MJ is not why kids are wearing his shoes.

I’ve made the point on here 1000x times (most recently yesterday in the WC3 thread when people was asking why kids sleep on 3s) about my college students not knowing anything about Michael Jordan nor caring to know about an athlete who was already retired for the 3rd time by the time they were BORN.

I don’t expect them to either. Jordan is a brand to them. Not a man, but a shoe brand. They like certain Jordan silhouettes these days because Travis Scott and Fashion Tik Tok endorse them. And that’s fine. They like Chicagos these because the internet said they a must have status symbol

That said, the IG and Tik Tok flex culture that powers their consuming habits, and that lead to suburban kids collecting sneakers like Pokemon Cards ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. And if you ever approach them on that "You never saw MJ play" time, they will immediately hit you with "Old man, stop gatekeeping gym shoes. Please get out my face"

Wouldn’t that be bots now since no one else hitting now.
If bot accts look same as regular accounts then yeah ignore my idea lol

My acct looks different cuz I’ll buy random crap. Socks, bricks, hoop shoes, etc.

Also 97% of my cops are my size. Once in a while I get a size for my girl or my kids. But mainly it’s all for me 😂. I’d imagine bot accts have no pattern. I think they can identify it easily. They’re not buying no damn kyries and KD’s lol

The irony here is Nike is the reason for this. They caused "sneaker Judgement Day" when they started that whole PM us at this time or find the hidden word in this pic via twitter. That's when all the nerds and PC geeks became the popular kids now by writing codes to make faster entries into the twitter which evolved to ATC to the bot wars we have.

I’ve been in this hobby on and off since the mid 2000s. I don’t deny that certain models skyrocketed in demand recently. Just saying a lot of what you think is bots/backdooring can be explained by the surge in worldwide demand
I see. Well, without anyone actually knowing real numbers (but recognizing Nike's claim that up to 40 percent of SNKRS entries are bots--and that's just Nike and not other stores/sites), it's mostly speculation. What I do know from seeing it in real time with my own eyes is, as recently as 2019 or so, most releases were far easier to hit than they have become since then. I was hitting virtually everything I entered on SNKRS--including, for just one example, EA and then the official drop of the playoff IVs. Imagine if that shoe dropped today. It was also common that I could go to my mall when it opened on release days and buy what I wanted. Then COVID hit and everything changed. There are multiple causes behind that, from production shortages to people getting free government checks to people realizing how easy reselling had become to The Last Dance Effect. Regardless, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that suddenly the TRUE demand and popularity--meaning the number of people who want the shoes for themselves to actually keep or, gasp, wear--just increased so much virtually overnight that it is the main thing responsible for the state of things today. I don't think so.

And that would change how without bots around?
Being up against poor website infrastructure at midnight during a time that where significantly less people were into shoes is a completely different fight than competing with millions of not tasks that can purchase shoes faster than a human can.

There’s always the chance that shoes can sell out before you can purchase them but buying shoes online back then was pretty much test for who could stick at it the longest and who had better internet speeds. Take that and spread it out among 7 or 8 different shops spreading everyone’s attention, I’ll take that over boys any day of the week

If I were to dig though my emails for order confirmations for 2009-2012 space jams, concords, and cool Greys all of those order confirmations will have time stamps from like 1am to 3am for midnight releases. I remember many folks in those threads tapping out after 20-30 minutes coming back to threads where folks who kept at it copped pairs as late a few hours before they woke up.

Last edited:
I say they get rid of online drops and just have a good old fashion brawl in front of a store like if I’m at least gonna get a show out of it

Here’s my idea

Just add 2FA. Checkout requires a code you receive via text or email.

Back
Top Bottom