Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

2015 vs 2022 “Reimagined”
I’m still gonna grab a pair, but miss me with all the talk and analysis about the shape, Wings logo, Swoosh, etc. They just look like dingy 2015s with cracked leather. IMO the 2015s are better in every single way.
B92AD2B0-5723-45D6-AE90-98F5155CBCDB.jpeg
A761D322-9595-49FA-8180-FBF23BF46DF3.jpeg
52B9917F-C925-49E8-B261-2955916100B4.jpeg
D13E12C2-2777-4C4A-87FF-C1019A3BC8C0.jpeg

Looks like they are shorter than the 2015 retro. Not too impressed with the recent pics but still might cop a pair.

The only reason people are dissing these is because of the pre-aging. The truth of the matter is that they DID do some things better on this retro than the 2015. But as you know, that’s the game Jordan Brand plays with us. It’s still a very solid release.
For sure. I'm not knocking the fact that improvements have been made, but from afar these really don't look any different than the 2015 release. Only up close would you know which is which. But yeah as usual JB is laughing all the way to the bank. Wonder if we'll see '85 High Chicago's in 2025 for the 40th anniversary of the Jordan 1. Would be a JB moment for the books if they released the same shoe within 2 years to make everyone buy them again.

For sure. I'm not knocking the fact that improvements have been made, but from afar these really don't look any different than the 2015 release. Only up close would you know which is which. But yeah as usual JB is laughing all the way to the bank. Wonder if we'll see '85 High Chicago's in 2025 for the 40th anniversary of the Jordan 1. Would be a JB moment for the books if they released the same shoe within 2 years to make everyone buy them again.
They have done it before.

I’d bet on that happening. These should have just been 85s in the first place.

The only reason people are dissing these is because of the pre-aging. The truth of the matter is that they DID do some things better on this retro than the 2015. But as you know, that’s the game Jordan Brand plays with us. It’s still a very solid release.
I don’t doubt that they did some things to make these closer to the OGs, it just takes more than some microscopic alterations to really move the needle for me. It’d be one thing if we were going from some super shty mid type build and quality and color, to some immaculate beauty. But for me we’re going from a 2015 which I absolutely love and have zero issues, to these (slightly improved toe I guess, tiny improvements I guess to the Swoosh and Wings logo, yet with all the aged details).

I don’t doubt that they did some things to make these closer to the OGs, it just takes more than some microscopic alterations to really move the needle for me. It’d be one thing if we were going from some super shty mid type build and quality and color, to some immaculate beauty. But for me we’re going from a 2015 which I absolutely love and have zero issues, to these (slightly improved toe I guess, tiny improvements I guess to the Swoosh and Wings logo, yet with all the aged details).
THIS 1000%

I wanna see some 1:1 size comparisons. That one last page was definitely a couple sizes smaller than the 2015. If those are legit, I can absolutely see differences in the midsole, swoosh, toebox, and wings logo. I'd just like to see a 10. 5 vs a 10.5 instead of an 8 so we can see true scale differences and see just how much they did.

To me the midsole is the exact same specs between the two. Pics are just taken at different angles. Neither are accurate to the '85 midsole.

They should've left the tongue alone or done a better faded white.. and then faded the white midsole a tiny bit. If they were gonna go w/ the cracked leather look.

To me the midsole is the exact same specs between the two. Pics are just taken at different angles. Neither are accurate to the '85 midsole.

This is why I want to see some 1:1 shots hahaha! It looks like there's a bit more of a curve to my eyes. Not like wedge accurate, but it looked like it wasn't exactly flat like the 2015's. You could be entirely right, I'd just like to see a legit comparison so we can all stop this craziness. :lol:

I agree. People with the 2015’s really don’t need these. I’m a sucker for Chicago’s so I’ll just keep copping…unless they drop another sucky 2013 version.

Back
Top Bottom