Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Wonder if that “backend” mess was just that, mess. Someone probably saw Nike was restocking kicks, not knowing which, and just put it out there.

Yeah folks were confident a week ago that it was loaded into Nikes servers, now today there's no solid info :rofl:

“The Backend Is Inevitable”
3D07D083-5FC9-4661-BF68-EA7CB2DF1272.jpeg

I have a hypothesis for it but I'm not tryna get packed up out here so imma keep it to myself.

You mean the hypothesis that the sneaker market was blowing up in Asia and generally Asians wear smaller size,. And to add on top of that, more people were buying the small sizes for their significant other to match hence the term “bae sizes”. But wait, the story goes on. More and more younger kids got into the sneaker game and a lot of them start off wearing small sizes. So to sum it up, the smaller sizes were in much more demand.

That’s why it was widely known the small sizes were considered “money sizes”, now y’all calling them “size no one wants” :lol:

Secured a pair off eBay for about $405 usd after shipping. It’s nice to be a part of small feet gang sometimes 😂
sucks to be part of the small wang gang though
Damn really? I got on the Jordan wagon pretty late tbh. But recently have sold off most of my Yeezys after trying on a pair of 1s. I’m hooked now
size 8 and 8.5 were the money sizes for awhile

size 9 was a little less, and 9.5 a little less than 9

size 10 was fairly close to retail

You mean the hypothesis that the sneaker market was blowing up in Asia and generally Asians wear smaller size,. And to add on top of that, more people were buying the small sizes for their significant other to match hence the term “bae sizes”. But wait, the story goes on. More and more younger kids got into the sneaker game and a lot of them start off wearing small sizes. So to sum it up, the smaller sizes were in much more demand.

That’s why it was widely known the small sizes were considered “money sizes”, now y’all calling them “size no one wants” :lol:
So what’s changed then? Why are the smaller sizes no longer in highest demand?

This is just my personal theory, but I think it all started when Daryl Morey, who was then the Rockets GM, made a tweet against Chinas government over civil rights and extradition laws. If I remember correctly, after that incident, a couple other players including Lebron also stood with the protesters which led to China cancelling a bunch of NBA events, games, and television broadcasts in China. Since a lot of the demand for small sizes came from China, the sneaker market was also affected. The article below explains it into further detail, I believe they just started airing NBA Games again in China a couple months ago, so who knows, smaller sizes could start increasing in price, but only time will tell.

its only a hypothesis/theory to why that was happening.

My personal guess as to why its changed now is possibly sneaker fatigue with so many releases coming out, not everyone wants every release anymore. Economy is down and nobody has that pandemic relief type of money anymore lol. Or maybe sneaker market expanding in Asia and more stores and "resale" platforms opening so the Asian buyers no longer stuck buying from the US market thus causing the spike in ours? (wild guess lol)

Either way, I'm glad the smaller sizes aren't as astronomically high as it used to be. But its still not far off from some of the bigger sizes. So I wouldn't say the small sizes are sizes no one wants, because that would imply the smaller sizes would be sitting at retail for hype stuff. In general, the big feet sizes are produced in lower numbers historically so not surprised to see them sell out first and less pairs on the market which causes the high asking price

To make things short, basically Asian market moved onto other things. In most of the Asian countries almost every drop sits now besides the Philippines. Then resellers remembered that they make less sizes of bigger shoes and started going for big sizes since the demand was more than the quantity. While small sizes demand decreased and quantity increased the last couple years.

I swear China was boycotting Nikes and trying to buy more of their own Chinese brands like Li-Ning? I could be wrong, but I do recall something along those lines couple years ago. Once China stopped buying (or possibly supply met demand), I noticed the resell prices on new releases dropped drastically. And yes, so glad that size 8.5-9 is no longer the money size

Yeah, you know how we all watch CNBC and wait for them to announce sneaker restocks.

Oh wait, that’s not an actual thing? My mistake

I wonder how many more times it’ll get asked today when people know they can go right on Twitter and find the info 100x faster

Back
Top Bottom