Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

no sneaker in my collection was life changing. But I also wouldn’t wait 20 years for a pair either

It’s like when they retro Bred XIs or something that’s come out a few times already and folks are like “man I been looking for these for ten years”, like bruh they’ve released a few times and are readily available wherever you look :lol:

Since we doing weird flexes in here

5FCD459F-7290-4EF4-AD96-2DE40D466C59.jpeg

Man I don’t know even want these. I just got them to sniff the glue by myself, and show people when they come to my house, without them asking first

Vent: I dig these but I love the 85 pairs so much I'd rather have a fresh Chicago version of those rather than these, but aint no telling when they'll drop that version. They really should just trash this lost & found/reimagined BS with 1s and just re-release OG colorways in the 85 forms while keeping high remasters as non-og colorways. They seem to be releasing OG colorways that didn't get a 2015-2018 remaster 1st then the cycle will continue. Next 85 probably gonna be a metallic after the Black/Whites drop. Definitely getting 2 of those like I got 2 Neutral Grey's.

With all that, being said I'mma put some money on the side and see where it goes if I really want these, I'll have them eventually resell or retail. Right now I'm :emoji_rolling_eyes:about them.

In other words, like someone else said, these aren't life changing. They just sitting in a pile of shoe boxes and who knows when I'll wear them.

I got two pairs just chilling in the boxes. Wore my SNKRS EA pair once or twice after I got them but that's it.

I have no desire to wear them cause every time I wear my '15's I get asked if they're Lost and Founds. So imma just run the 15's into the ground.

My first pair of chicago 1s was 2013s so I'm grateful to have some wearable 2022s after the soles on my 95s said no more. Bells and whistles and gimmicks aside, I'm happy with the 22s. It's just some chicago 1s to me no matter what they did to em - even as bad as the 2013s were with the jumpman branding, my problem was more the stiff *** leather that was uncomfortable. When I look down at the lost and founds I see chicago 1s, plus they're regular 1 comfort, that's good enough for me.

My first pair of chicago 1s was 2013s so I'm grateful to have some wearable 2022s after the soles on my 95s said no more. Bells and whistles and gimmicks aside, I'm happy with the 22s. It's just some chicago 1s to me no matter what they did to em - even as bad as the 2013s were with the jumpman branding, my problem was more the stiff *** leather that was uncomfortable. When I look down at the lost and founds I see chicago 1s, plus they're regular 1 comfort, that's good enough for me.

you summed it up pretty well. My biggest complaint about 1s from 2008-2013 was the quality. Especially since at the same time, the mids and non og high color ways got a lot of special treatment via the jordan 1 "premier" series and other commemorative releases like the fathers day pack and the armed forces pack.

Ya'll telling me once you get your grails you don't feel like your life has changed for the better? You don't go from 6 to 12 while opening that box
Um I wouldn't quite say 6 to 12. In fact I've never and will never say that. But yes it is a thrill to get some actual grails. Ain't no 2022 release on my grails list.

The real thrill for me, honestly, has always been the hunt - obtaining the pair at retail.

Back in the early eBay days, it was different for sneakerheads in that paying resale was still difficult because you actually had to track down the shoe you wanted, hope that it was deadstock (or at least in wearable condition) AND authentic. The only pair I paid resale for were the 1999 Black/Red 4s, and that was in 2003. Had to search 2-3 months before a pair in my size got listed. Nowadays, you can find pretty much any shoe deadstock, whether it’s through GOAT, StockX or eBay, as well as all the local consignment shops. Anyone can pay resale, so long as they have the funds. Where’s the thrill in that? Lol.

If you can score a pair you wanted on sale though - that’s an even bigger rush for me. 😂 I guess in theory, if you found a pair you wanted going below market value, that could be a rush for some, since it’s pretty much on sale

I've done the hunt and it ****ing sucks. Original co.jp releases in my size 11-12 (depending on the shoe) were the worst to find if I even could. I do not want shopping experiences to be difficult :lol: some sadistic stuff right there. If I can choose between going online and buying a shoe today, or searching 6 months for the proper shoe in the right condition for the right price, yeah I'll take it today thanks.

Back
Top Bottom