Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

As someone who also displays shoes in cases such as his, why does it matter to others so much? Sure I wear a fair share but there are some releases that I simply want to just have. I would rather display them to at least enjoy in that regard than let them sit in a box. As so many in here do. If it's a pair that means that much to me, I try to buy two. I guess my point is most of us buy these for ourselves . Some don't see the point of displays. Others don't see the point in buying five pairs of the same release either. Which makes it much easier to make the "wear your shoes " statements. Btw I just bought three of those cases fam had his lost and founds in. I got original taxis, concords, and Columbia 11s going in them.
It doesn't matter, it's just some people's opinions that they get more enjoyment out of wearing shoes than displaying shoes.

I do think someone should edit the Ragnarok scene with Jeff Goldblum aka the collector telling these shoe they were lost but have been found :rofl:

I’ve worn my L and F’s once, I got my daughter a pair that are a challenge to get on her feet, her fire red 3’s in the same size go on soooo much easier. So the 1’s have been worn once lol.
got my son a pair

he's been wearing mostly crocs and sometimes keens cause my wife hates putting them on him

I'm gonna have to make a point to get up in the morning on days where she doesn't take him to preschool/daycare too early to put them on him and then when he outgrows them he has a pair of taxi highs on deck a size up

just got rid of a pair of my l&f and kind of feel the need to get another pair

bye-camron.gif

I like your style.

got my son a pair

he's been wearing mostly crocs and sometimes keens cause my wife hates putting them on him

I'm gonna have to make a point to get up in the morning on days where she doesn't take him to preschool/daycare too early to put them on him and then when he outgrows them he has a pair of taxi highs on deck a size up

just got rid of a pair of my l&f and kind of feel the need to get another pair

Sometimes it’s just easier to throw the crocs on lol. Jordan 1’s on toddlers/kids are super adorable though, thought about the taxis for her as well. But for now I got a pair of white/cement 3’s on deck for when her feet get a little bigger.

Sometimes it’s just easier to throw the crocs on lol. Jordan 1’s on toddlers/kids are super adorable though, thought about the taxis for her as well. But for now I got a pair of white/cement 3’s on deck for when her feet get a little bigger.
I have 3 kids, from 16 to 2…buying them Jordan’s when they aren’t asking for them wears off quick. My oldest daughter hates them, even though I bought her dozens when she was younger. My 14 year old only asks for 1s, everything esle is ugly and my 2 year old rubs the toe out from playing on the ground. I realized buying them expensive shoes was for me, not them so I stopped.

Last edited:
I have 3 kids, from 16 to 2…buying them Jordan’s when they aren’t asking for them wears off quick. My oldest daughter hates them, even though I bout her dozens when she was younger. My 14 year old only asks for 1s, evethig esle is ugly and my 2 year old rubs the toe out from playing on the ground. I realized buying them expensive shoes was for me, not them so I stopped.

Good insight, I wanted a few when she was in the toddler stage but am already finding the convenience of what is easiest to get on and off, and how quickly she outgrows them, I don’t see buying too many more Jordan’s in the near future for her.

I was glad to see buckshot had his L&F on when they too pre school graduation pictures

BC91C7BE-C1A6-49CD-9A0D-2E78528BD8C3.jpeg

My oldest (almost 10) has worn Have a Nike Day AM1, a pair of AM95, white forces, and panda dunks

She’s told me multiple times she wants the black/white 85 Jordan 1…I told that kid she’s dreaming

My second daughter doesn’t care

I did get her Hello Kitty Prestos and she liked them but she got them too dirty for wearing just a few hours that I couldn’t handle it and returned to Nike 🤷🏻‍♂️

My 5 year old son seems to prefer the Jordan’s over other shoes…I saw some Spider-Man shoes at Primark and asked which he wanted and he said the Taxis

. I realized buying them expensive shoes was for me, not them so I stopped.

Yup. This is exactly it. Sure, it’s fun at first when you’re matching with your kid, but after awhile, you kinda figure out that most kids don’t care. My kids will eventually ask for name brand stuff, but if I can raise them to not care about that sort of thing, I’d be happy. I want them to be better than me.

Yup. This is exactly it. Sure, it’s fun at first when you’re matching with your kid, but after awhile, you kinda figure out that most kids don’t care. My kids will eventually ask for name brand stuff, but if I can raise them to not care about that sort of thing, I’d be happy. I want them to be better than me.
Get ur spawn some Sketchers. And warn him to eat his veggies or he ain't growing into ur kicks.

I tried this for as long as possible... but it was over after 5th - 6th grade...

They (I have 2) just see too many nice pairs being unboxed combined with observing my appreciation for them not to grow some appreciation for the hobby.

They are still kids and can't take care of their stuff like we do, but they do use beaters for true beating as their collections blossom.

I have 3 kids, from 16 to 2…buying them Jordan’s when they aren’t asking for them wears off quick. My oldest daughter hates them, even though I bought her dozens when she was younger. My 14 year old only asks for 1s, everything esle is ugly and my 2 year old rubs the toe out from playing on the ground. I realized buying them expensive shoes was for me, not them so I stopped.

I tried this for as long as possible... but it was over after 5th - 6th grade...

They (I have 2) just see too many nice pairs being unboxed combined with observing my appreciation for them not to grow some appreciation for the hobby.

They are still kids and can't take care of their stuff like we do, but they do use beaters for true beating as their collections blossom.

Hey, if that’s what my kid wants, cool. More money for dad to splurge on himself. Lol

All of this. I've bought my 8-year-old a couple--literally only a couple--pairs of Jordans over the past few years, but I was aware the entire time it was mostly for my own amusement. He likes to look at shoes and hear the stories, and he thinks some of them are cool, but he doesn't really care. And even if he did care, he trashes shoes so quickly, it's pointless. And as you said, ill4eva ill4eva , I don't want to be training him that he needs lots of expensive sneakers etc. to be "cool." That's exactly what us old guys complain about in part with this "new generation": We got into this and are still into it because of MJ and others and what was done in many of these shoes, not just because they were the "it" thing to have.

The only shoes this dude cares about right now are Huarache runners. He's on probably his fourth or fifth pair. It's all he wants me to buy him because they're comfortable and he can take them on and off quickly without having to untie/tie them. That's great by me, because I pick them up on sale for $40-$50 and he's as happy as can be. And I'm happy because I don't see his trashed shoes sitting by the door and think, why did I spend $160 on Jordans for this fool LOL. If one day he gets into it for his own reasons, great. If not, great. God knows there's plenty more we end up spending money on. I'm sitting in my home office looking at the Mario movie blu-ray that was just delivered, and I know when he gets home today he's going to be 100X more excited about this than he ever is about any sneakers :lol:

Gave my son shoes from my collection and he rarely wore them b/c he didn't want them to get trashed. I told him not to worry and just wear and enjoy them; that didn't work, so they basically went to waste b/c he trashed them enough that I'm no longer going to wear them.

He loves the looks and comfort of the recent Trainer 1s, so I buy those on discount for him.

Unfortunately, whenever I tell my kids they don't need something, they say "you don't need so many shoes, do you?!". It's a losing battle on all fronts.

Back
Top Bottom