Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

To JordanHead, that's your opinion, and I respect your opinion. But I like the colorways of this past year or 2 way more than what we were getting in 2018 and 2019 and 2020. I notice alot of people are just stuck in one way thinking mentality, because of what they stick to in their wardrobe throughout their lives.

To sum up what im saying is that there's people who have different styles, and everybody isn't the same when it comes to how they dress. The common person can't pull off a fit like Camron, Ghostface, Big, Nas, GHerbo, Raekwon, etc.

That comes from how you look and how your physically built. Of course a 5'3 overweight bald headed guy cant pull those types of fits off even if he wanted to, because he would be looking crazy.

Alot of y'all play it safe when it comes shoes and clothes, and it's nothing wrong with that. But I didn't care to even check out the majority of this years High 1 colorways, because people were bashing them. I had others tell me that I needed to check them out for myself in person, because people were sleeping on them, and that the quality on them were A1.

I travel alot, and I started seeing these colorways in person worn the right way, and I had to go back to get Bordeaux,s Brotherhoods because of how good the quality and look of them were to me. Considering how low they are in price, it was a steal for me, because I actually wear them. I bought Stage Haze and Taxis at retail, so this is a good time for me and many others that like different loud bright colorways with good quality.

Listening to people online with the sheep mentality of how this years colorways are not good, will have you losing out if you can't think for yourself. I definitely get it though, alot of people are just burnt out on 1,s because Nike isn't giving us a break on the amount of colorways that they're pumping out year after year.

I will be 100% honest, Shadows 2.0 and the Heritages weren't good at all to me. I've been into 1,s before the hype of these recent years, so im comparing the colorway along with how good the quality is, and the quality on those 2 releases were pretty bad in comparison to the other colorways i mentioned.

Me myself, I don't care about hype. Because Nike could put mediocre materials on a collaborative shoe, and y'all would swear up and down it's the best made shoe ever, just because resell is high due to them being limited in stock/quantity.

But on the flipside, a colorway like the Bordeaux High 1,s that has the best quality amongst all 1,s in my opinion (soft tumbled leather on all areas of that shoe) no weakness in any way quality wise. Will not be very popular because everybody just doesn't like the colorway.

I had friends tell me that it was probably one of the best Jordan high 1,s as far as quality was concerned, and I didn't believe it. Got a chance to hold a DS pair to examine it, and my mind was 🤯 from softness of the white part, down to the texture of the maroon parts. To even how they cut the leather on that shoe.

It's one of those shoes that if you're into quality, it'll satisfy your thirst. But due to no hype, low resell, and alot of people not liking the colorway for any reason, you'll never know it. Because you won't even bother to check them out yourself, because you're going to go off of what other people are saying about the shoe.

This is coming from someone who's been into 1,s from the good releases of 2001, to the bad quality releases in between 2005 to 2013. I loved the releases from around 2013, but quality wise, the leather holds up good over time. But comparing the quality to what we're getting now, isn't even close to what we're getting blessed with right now.

Don't let the low resell prices fool you, because if Nike decides, and when they do decide to not make 1,s with the quality that we're getting right now, people are going to be wishing they didn't sleep just because of the opinions online.

I get it though, because it's not even about quality anymore, it's about hype and exclusivity at the moment.

Im not sure if the Chicago's are the best 1,s out of all of them. I personally think that the limited release of the 2015 version, and the last dance hypnotized people into thinking so. But I've only seen people act out of character over Breds/Black and Red 1,s throughout my entire existence on this earth. Something about that Black and Red does something to people internally lol.

Nike could put the jumpman on a Bred 1 high, with the weakest 2005 to 2012 air jordan leather that we ever saw, then give the entire shoe a distressed vintage look all throughout the entire shoe. With the virgil retro 2,s pre crumble affect on the midsole, and the majority of us would still cop a pair.

That's the crazy part about this release, it's basically not even a brand new shoe they're giving us. Nike is releasing a vintage old looking pre worn shoe to us as brand new. You know a company has POWER when the customers see nothing wrong with that, and are going to be fighting on release day over a shoe that doesn't even look new lol.

I wish Nike Nike would've trolled harder and made the white leather piss yellow along with the vintage look, to see if it would still have hype around the shoe.

I didn’t go for the Georgetowns, but I’m pretty sure they sold out instantly in the money sizes.

…11.5 and what not.
Georgetown 6s restocked plenty of times on lots of sites. Yes, even money sizes.

Almost all Jordans are attainable online, the ones that are hard to get are 4s, collabs, or hype shoes.

You can make a list of all of the retros that came out this year and only 10-20% were hard to get. (and those would be mainly 4s and collabs)

Georgetown 6s restocked plenty of times on lots of sites. Yes, even money sizes.

Almost all Jordans are attainable online, the ones that are hard to get are 4s, collabs, or hype shoes.

You can make a list of all of the retros that came out this year and only 10-20% were hard to get. (and those would be mainly 4s and collabs)
I was referring to SNKRS entries on release day.

Restocks are more challenging for a lot of people because you never know when they're going to happen. And a lot of folks don't have the type of jobs where they can just stop whatever they're doing and check their phone and log on and make a payment no matter when it happens.

Even when I see the restock and have the opportunity to try for it, it's often times over before I can even get there.

...that's what happened several times with the Fire Red 3s.

I was referring to SNKRS entries on release day.

Restocks are more challenging for a lot of people because you never know when they're going to happen. And a lot of folks don't have the type of jobs where they can just stop whatever they're doing and check their phone and log on and make a payment no matter when it happens.

Even when I see the restock and have the opportunity to try for it, it's often times over before I can even get there.

...that's what happened several times with the Fire Red 3s.
If someone can only check their phone a limited amount of times throughout the day, then yea.

But if you have all of your info saved on your accounts, it's easy. There's tons of apps that notify you and Twitter as well.

You can curate Twitter to only show you sneaker tweets with links for sale. My account actually did it on its' own.

To sum up what im saying is that there's people who have different styles, and everybody isn't the same when it comes to how they dress. The common person can't pull off a fit like Camron, Ghostface, Big, Nas, GHerbo, Raekwon, etc.

How old is you OG?

500K isnt a lot of pairs considering there are millions of people in the United States and this colorway is one of the most iconic in the entire line. If people missed out on Bred Toes (myself included), theyll miss out on these guaranteed. Resellers are going to look to stock up on a release that is profitable for them to get mutiple pairs of and this is just the pair. Im glad I preordered mine for $550 shipped and dont have to worry about this release.

Pre-ordering something like this aint even an L. Say you pre-order then on release day you actually hit for retail, go ahead and sell that and make your money back + probably more of a profit. If you dont hit, well you probaby got em cheaper than resale with the pre-order anyway. Only way its an L is if resale when they drop is lower than the pre-order.

a9c.png

Why do long worded posts bother people so much? I personally like them. And curious as well. Most people that spend time on here are not that pressed with time I would think. Some people like to explain more. Is that wrong? I would rather get an essay than the "waiting for shipping confirmation or got em pics over and over again. Just me.

Back
Top Bottom