Jordan 1 OG HIGH “Spider-Verse” 12/14/18

The more I look at them, I also wish they came with a pair of blue laces, they would pop like crazy. If they are a Spider-Man Jordan, I hope we get the mask or web branding on the insoles, that would be cool af.

I wonder if it's anything on the bottom of the sole. I'm not a big fan of clear soles on 1's.
dont look like it, boss

64A7712D-FA56-4FCE-B1D6-AC666F5AA27A.jpeg

I really hate clear bottoms on I's but the touch of blue makese sense.. polarizing.

Sheesh! tryna keep dough for 2-3 cords without tricking my ****.. These are a must... and here we go. :rofl::rofl:

I can’t wait to hear the story behind the texture.
I don't know exactly how JB will explain it, but it's simply a halftone pattern. It's used in comic books all the time, and "Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" purposefully uses the pattern as a characteristic of the art style they're using. Lord and Miller, the directors, have specifically mentioned the haltones. "'One of the first choices was how we were going to represent light and shadow in this world,' said Miller. 'The idea was that we would have all lighting sources be half-tone lighting. Anything a light hits wouldn’t be soft, CG light, it would be dots that recede farther from the light source.'" I'm a comic book nerd, so that's why I know this type of stuff. :lol: I've put some images as examples in the Spoiler.
Halftones.png
SpiderMan-ITSV_1.jpg
SpiderMan-ITSV_2.jpg

I don't know exactly how JB will explain it, but it's simply a halftone pattern. It's used in comic books all the time, and "Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse" purposefully uses the pattern as a characteristic of the art style they're using. Lord and Miller, the directors, have specifically mentioned the haltones. "'One of the first choices was how we were going to represent light and shadow in this world,' said Miller. 'The idea was that we would have all lighting sources be half-tone lighting. Anything a light hits wouldn’t be soft, CG light, it would be dots that recede farther from the light source.'" I'm a comic book nerd, so that's why I know this type of stuff. :lol: I've put some images as examples in the Spoiler.
Halftones.png
SpiderMan-ITSV_1.jpg
SpiderMan-ITSV_2.jpg

Very cool. Thank you so much for explaining. You're awesome. Enjoyed reading that. 8)

I like when they do stuff like this and they add those details.

Very cool. Thank you so much for explaining. You're awesome. Enjoyed reading that. 8)

I like when they do stuff like this and they add those details.
No problem. I'm with you. The fact that it appears that they're putting a lot of detail into this pair, has me pretty pumped. It even looks like there's some sort of detailing on the swoosh itself. Looks like the edges (outside the stitching) are shiny plastic or patent leather (like the edges of Spider-Man's eyes, the black part), and the inside has the sort of bug eye texture/detail, that Spider-Man usually has on the white part / lenses of his eyes (when close ups of his eyes are shown. Again, it seems like they're going all out on these, and again, I'm a nerd! :lol:
Air-Jordan-1-Chicago-Crystal-1.jpg
Air-Jordan-1-Chicago-Crystal-2.jpg
Spider-Man.jpg
Spider-Man_2.jpg

No problem. I'm with you. The fact that it appears that they're putting a lot of detail into this pair, has me pretty pumped. It even looks like there's some sort of detailing on the swoosh itself. Looks like the edges (outside the stitching) are shiny plastic or patent leather (like the edges of Spider-Man's eyes, the black part), and the inside has the sort of bug eye texture/detail, that Spider-Man usually has on the white part / lenses of his eyes (when close ups of his eyes are shown. Again, it seems like they're going all out on these, and again, I'm a nerd! :lol:
Spider-Man.jpg
Spider-Man_2.jpg

Wow, the eye detailing with the swoosh. I see what you are saying. That is NICE!

I thought I was the only one that peeped the swoosh details. Fire!
Naw, I'm with you. It's just so crazy that they're putting so much detail into these. We've had a few "Superhero" themed kicks in the past, but I use quotation marks because it was always "they can't say it's connected to 'such and such,' but we know what time it is." It appears that JB is very purposefully making this a Spider-Man Jordan 1. I always thought this was an "inspired by" type of thing, but it's looking like it might actually be a legit collab. I can't wait for these things! Hurry up!

Spider-Man.jpg
Spider-Man_2.jpg

The picture, 3rd one down from the top. I see the pattern on the red mask part.

Naw, I'm with you. It's just so crazy that they're putting so much detail into these. We've had a few "Superhero" themed kicks in the past, but I use quotation marks because it was always "they can't say it's connected to 'such and such,' but we know what time it is." It appears that JB is very purposefully making this a Spider-Man Jordan 1. I always thought this was an "inspired by" type of thing, but it's looking like it might actually be a legit collab. I can't wait for these things! Hurry up!

It has to be a legit collab for the filmmakers to specifically put Chicago 1s in the movie. It's like product placement.

I always thought the dots represented the textured suits we've been seeing in hero movies especially with Amazing Spiderman but the comic dots makes more sense. I didn't even see the swoosh clearly until now and its a dope thing to play off of.

Spiderman is my fave hero and every time there has been a shoe related to him... it came out awful. His costume colors don't usually transfer well to kicks; especially, after that red and blue era got OD'd during the early-mid 2000's lol. So its nice to see this done with a subtle touch.

Back
Top Bottom