Jordan 1 OG HIGH “Spider-Verse” 12/14/18

this is what "adulting" means

yea as u get older you start to realize things lol....

like i figured out that in the heat of the moment, you may feel you need those kicks sooooo bad, gotta have em, stressed that u missed out.....but a few months to a year down the line, youre gonna look back and realize dang im cool with not having em, because u been thru so many other releases in between lol.

happened with me on the levis 4s and metallic red foams. was so stressed and upset i missed out. i absolutely thought i needed em. but i held off on paying resell, kept myself in check. and now when i look back, ehhh i didnt need those denim 4s or metallic red foams. dont get me wrong, id still cop if i got a chance to today. id still like pairs of those. but im not upset like when i felt like i needed em on RD.

Rocking these Air Jordan 1 "Reverse Origin Story" today

20181218_131627.jpg
Zc7Cu7g

Zc7Cu7g

at the end of the day, these are just sneakers. very expensive already overpriced ones without even factoring resell prices yet. when it comes to luxuries like these theres ALWAYS an option to say no. no1 NEEDS luxuries like $200 jordans. theres always an option to move on and not cop spider man themed jordan 1s.

i think people are so passionate about certain kicks that they mistake their want for em so badly as a need. nah bud, u just really really like and really want the shoes. you dont need em tho.

retail or bust means we want the kicks, maybe just as bad or even more badly than you do.....but the diff is i love my money more than a pair of kicks. so im not going to shell out more than what i should be paying for sneakers just to line the pockets of somebody who was greedy and hoarded mad pairs just so they can overcharge people. because lets face it....if you pay more than the retail price, youre letting sum1 overcharge you.

and if im gonna let myself get overcharged on something, if i MUST, then itd b on a car. and not on a pair of kicks that i might wear once in a while.

“Retail or bust” is a fine mentality but it also means you are depriving yourself of potential happiness. There is a limit to this though-I would LOVE a pair of O-W Chicago 1s but spending $1k+ on a pair is a huge opportunity cost since I could put that money towards travel, etc. That said, spending an extra $70-$80 over retail on a pair that will most likely only increase in value makes more sense than a car that will immediately depreciate in value once you drive it off the lot. I’ve literally sold pairs that I’ve worn for more than what I paid for them when they were DS, you can rarely say this about any car. I guarantee you, you could sell a worn pair of SBB 1.0s for more than the immediate, post-release resell price they were going for in 2015, for example.

“Retail or bust” is a fine mentality but it also means you are depriving yourself of potential happiness. There is a limit to this though-I would LOVE a pair of O-W Chicago 1s but spending $1k+ on a pair is a huge opportunity cost since I could put that money towards travel, etc. That said, spending an extra $70-$80 over retail on a pair that will most likely only increase in value makes more sense than a car that will immediately depreciate in value once you drive it off the lot. I’ve literally sold pairs that I’ve worn for more than what I paid for them when they were DS, you can rarely say this about any car. I guarantee you, you could sell a worn pair of SBB 1.0s for more than the immediate, post-release resell price they were going for in 2015, for example.

i dont see it as depriving myself of happiness, because im happy with not paying resell. thats what im content doing. plus its not like JB dropping 1 release every month or every 2 months. theres too many shoes being dropped for me to get hung up and all sad on 1 release that i missed. i guess it just depends on each individual and their perspective.

plus when people buy cars, its not like sneakers. they dont keep em "DS" in their garage and wait for resell to rise. most people who cop cars are copping em with the intent to use em. you will rarely find somebody buying a car with nothing wrong with it to straight "resell" it. for cars, youd have to invest and put some upgrades into it if u wanna "resell".

I don't live the retail or bust life. If I want it and it's within what I think it's worth, then I get it. Simple. I got Bred Toes for $235, and I got these for $215. If I strike out on retail for my personal Grails, Jordan 6 infrareds, I'm willing to do what I have to do to get them.

plus when people buy cars, its not like sneakers. they dont keep em "DS" in their garage and wait for resell to rise. most people who cop cars are copping em with the intent to use em.

I had no idea when we buy sneakers, we’re not supposed to wear them... Damn, I guess I’ve been doing it all wrong smh

Back
Top Bottom