Jordan 1 OG HIGH “Spider-Verse” 12/14/18

Why does it matter o_O

Because I have yet to see MY credit card payments go through on there
always gets flagged and they tell me to change my payment method to paypal

I'm curious to think stockx doesn't take CC at all or only i'm getting flagged

Saw this in my IG feed

https://www.teelarva.com/sp-miles

upload_2018-12-24_3-45-4.jpeg

So my package was shipped to me from over seas but once it got to the US, UPS stopped updating. I hope they didnt lose my shoes from Stockx. Especially since the price is way up from when I originally purchased and my size sucks.

I've heard a couple people suggest that. It seems like a little bit of a reach to me. I think Nike was just pumping out translucents. but either way...

Yeah, it's reach that a shoe that has dots on it to match the animation style also included a clear sole to match the fact that spiderman goes invisible? I think you're the one who is reaching, Nike generally doesn't do clear soles that often unless it's to match a theme for a shoe. FTL was clear for the line on the bottom, the Gatorades were translucent because of the color matches and for logos on the bottom, same for those pass the torch etc....someone on the design team didn't just throw it on there.

Yeah, it's reach that a shoe that has dots on it to match the animation style also included a clear sole to match the fact that spiderman goes invisible? I think you're the one who is reaching, Nike generally doesn't do clear soles that often unless it's to match a theme for a shoe. FTL was clear for the line on the bottom, the Gatorades were translucent because of the color matches and for logos on the bottom, same for those pass the torch etc....someone on the design team didn't just throw it on there.

Chill guy. How am I "reaching?" I'm taking the shoe at face value. If Jordan Brand NEVER used translucent outsoles before, I would give the invisible theory more credence, but Jordan uses translucent quite a bit. OG models have translucent outsoles, they use them a lot in their performance models. It isn't anything new. The kirby dots, however, have never been on a Jordan before and are clearly a direct reference to the movie's art style. I'm with it. The clear outsole could just be a way to further differentiate this from the classic Chicago. Jordan changes little things when models get re-released. Also, Nike has never said anything about the translucent outsole being a nod to anything. If they come out and say otherwise, cool. Either way, I don't care. It doesn't affect me. I love the shoe. I love the movie. I PERSONALLY don't think the outsole is a nod to invisibility. You can believe what you want. Merry Christmas!

Chill guy. How am I "reaching?" I'm taking the shoe at face value. If Jordan Brand NEVER used translucent outsoles before, I would give the invisible theory more credence, but Jordan uses translucent quite a bit. OG models have translucent outsoles, they use them a lot in their performance models. It isn't anything new. The kirby dots, however, have never been on a Jordan before and are clearly a direct reference to the movie's art style. I'm with it. The clear outsole could just be a way to further differentiate this from the classic Chicago. Jordan changes little things when models get re-released. Also, Nike has never said anything about the translucent outsole being a nod to anything. If they come out and say otherwise, cool. Either way, I don't care. It doesn't affect me. I love the shoe. I love the movie. I PERSONALLY don't think the outsole is a nod to invisibility. You can believe what you want. Merry Christmas!

What OG models have translucent soles?

What OG models have translucent soles?

5,6,11,etc... where you been? My point is if Jordan releases the Bred 4s with kirby dots all over them, we'll associate that with Spider-Man and the Origin Story 1s. If they released the Bred 4s with translucent outsoles, we wouldn't say "Oh, that's from the Spider-Mans," we'd say "Oh, they're using translucent outsoles." The clear outsole isn't a new thing and Jordan uses it a lot, so I personally don't think it has anything to do with the invisibility power. I'm also not saying it's a CRAZY theory, it just seemed like a bit of a reach to me.

5,6,11,etc... where you been? My point is if Jordan releases the Bred 4s with kirby dots all over them, we'll associate that with Spider-Man and the Origin Story 1s. If they released the Bred 4s with translucent outsoles, we wouldn't say "Oh, that's from the Spider-Mans," we'd say "Oh, they're using translucent outsoles." The clear outsole isn't a new thing and Jordan uses it a lot, so I personally don't think it has anything to do with the invisibility power. I'm also not saying it's a CRAZY theory, it just seemed like a bit of a reach to me.
I was asking about OG 1s since thats the topic of discussion, a 1. No OG 1 has a clear sole, thats why I think differently than you do. To me it's a reach to not make the connection, it's like your purposely saying no just to argue.

I was asking about OG 1s since thats the topic of discussion, a 1. No OG 1 has a clear sole, thats why I think differently than you do. To me it's a reach to not make the connection, it's like your purposely saying no just to argue.

You think I'm arguing because I don't believe the outsole of a shoe has deeper meaning? No OG 3 had a clear sole until this year either. Jordan changes things up. I see what you're saying. I understand the theory. I PERSONALLY just don't think it was intended like that. All I said was I don't buy that theory, seems like a bit of a reach to me. Nothing negative or argumentative about that. If I'm describing the shoe to someone, I would mention the kirby dots, the blue tongue hit, the swoosh material. I wouldn't mention the outsole. You obviously would. Cool. I honestly don't care either way.

You think I'm arguing because I don't believe the outsole of a shoe has deeper meaning? No OG 3 had a clear sole until this year either. Jordan changes things up. I see what you're saying. I understand the theory. I PERSONALLY just don't think it was intended like that. All I said was I don't buy that theory, seems like a bit of a reach to me. Nothing negative or argumentative about that. If I'm describing the shoe to someone, I would mention the kirby dots, the blue tongue hit, the swoosh material. I wouldn't mention the outsole. You obviously would. Cool. I honestly don't care either way.

You and the person who quoted me originally cared enough to go back 10 pages and find my post to start this part of the discussion lol. The shoe was called chicago cyrstal for a reason before it was released and we knew more info about it. Just saying using even logic you would see the connection but....

You and the person who quoted me originally cared enough to go back 10 pages and find my post to start this part of the discussion lol. The shoe was called chicago cyrstal for a reason before it was released and we knew more info about it. Just saying using even logic you would see the connection but....

Went back 10 pages!? I checked the most recent page of the thread last night, which now sits a staggering one page back. I replied to a dude asking about the outsole. It wasn't you. I never even saw a post from you. And all I said was I don't think that was the intent, which I don't. If you do, that's cool. You may be right, you may be wrong. Grab a glass of egg nog and kick back. It's all good.

Lmfao I quoted you because I haven't checked the thread since thursday and it put me at that page. Chill my guy. Why y'all arguing about a shoe design right now smfh.

Because I have yet to see MY credit card payments go through on there
always gets flagged and they tell me to change my payment method to paypal

I'm curious to think stockx doesn't take CC at all or only i'm getting flagged
Interesting... I never used CC because if some BS happened, I'll at least have paypal to back me up.

Soo what’s your theory behind the clear sole on the Wings 1s?

Back
Top Bottom