Jordan 1 OG HIGH “Spider-Verse” 12/14/18

You coudln't see it says WINGS on the bottom without it being clear could you? Doesn't take a theory or logic to see that.
They could have just as well used the black/gold pattern that was used on the insole, similar to the soles of other AJ “Wings” models

The same applies to JB using a clear sole on the Spider-Man’s, they used it for design aesthetic. They could have used a solid red or blue sole, but they didn’t.

So you are saying they picked the clear for a reason right? That's what I was saying, it wasn't a random choice or for money as was implied by the other poster. The design aesthetic is the tie into the movie obviously and they choose the clear for a reason. To say it's for any other reason is illogical is my whole point. Thanks for reiterating what I have said all along.

I need to see the movie. Not a fan of 1s lol. Did think it was odd he was prominently wearing 1s in the poster when i first saw it months ago. Huge spidey fan.

Anyone help w/ a quick legit check? Thx in advance.

IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0810.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0806.jpg
IMG_0807.jpg
IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg

Lmfao smh fellas it's an icy sole. Calm down. For all we know it's related to his venom blast color... Or cmon fellas. Probably the obvious RED AND BLUE SPIDEY COLORS?...

So you are saying they picked the clear for a reason right? That's what I was saying, it wasn't a random choice or for money as was implied by the other poster. The design aesthetic is the tie into the movie obviously and they choose the clear for a reason. To say it's for any other reason is illogical is my whole point. Thanks for reiterating what I have said all along.

Who ever said it was random? The design team obviously made the decision to put the clear outsole. You don't know WHY though. It's not 100% clear as to why. Nike never made a statement saying the translucent outsole is a nod to Miles' invisibility power. It could be MANY reasons. Maybe it's less cost effective, maybe the usual red outsole would have looked weird against the different hue of red on the upper. Maybe they wanted to differentiate this release from OG Chicago, which is probably getting retroed sooner than later. Maybe they liked the blue color of the outsole to match Spider-Mans colors and the blue tongue. And YES! MAYBE it's because Miles can turn invisible, but YOU'RE SPECULATING DUDE! No one is saying you're wrong. We're just disagreeing with your speculation.

To me, it's a reach. The kirby dots, the blue tongue hit, the swoosh material are clear cut Spider-Man references. There's no debating that. The translucent outsole that Nike has used countless times is a different story.

This is such a stupid interaction.

:stoneface:

No thats not what I’m saying at all. For both the Wings 1 and these, JB used clear soles instead of a sole that would have been more apt for the theme; I.e, they did not follow the design theme. It was pure asthetic unrelated to the theme.

I dont understand why some can make all the connections with the homage of the shoe to the movie, but somehow including icy soles as part of a reference is a line far crossed.

Also, why is Miles wearing the Chicagos and not the actual Spidermans?
tenor.gif

I never thought about the clear sole being a reference to his camouflage. I like that idea and I'm running with it. I 2as bummed that we didn't get the special box so I made my own. Would have come out better with red spray paint but I didn't have any.
20181224_162122.jpg

IMO AJ V, VI and XI aside, clear soles = built-in obsolescence
AJ1s look best worn but that clear sole is gonna look like ish by summer...

I believe that these will have the trend of the bred toe 1s. Alot of places have yet to receive their shipment in. In large part due to the holidays and delivery's being delayed. Another marketing strategy by JB to see how they can affect the resell market. I expect these to go down in price when everyone has them and the market is slightly more saturated

I believe that these will have the trend of the bred toe 1s. Alot of places have yet to receive their shipment in. In large part due to the holidays and delivery's being delayed. Another marketing strategy by JB to see how they can affect the resell market. I expect these to go down in price when everyone has them and the market is slightly more saturated
these aint going down anymore chief

Isn't payout about retail for sellers tho? Unless u got below retail. 3.5 PS size to size 6 GS hitting good.
S/o all the parents that copped my TD and Ps sizes off StockX for they babies!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Back
Top Bottom