Jordan 1 OG High "White/Black" Releasing 11/8/14

Def the best quality of the og. Maybe not the sexiest but still very awesome.

Just pulled the trigger on a size 11 for 210.00, I'm a jacka** for not buying on RD.

They're still well worth it! By far the best quality of all the OGs from 2013/2014, although I don't own the gym reds.
I've got the Royals, Black/Reds, Shadows and Black Toes. Curious how these compare, not too many insightful reviews out there, just the basic "Here's a black swoosh", wish there were more opinionated reviews.

I've got the Royals, Black/Reds, Shadows and Black Toes. Curious how these compare, not too many insightful reviews out there, just the basic "Here's a black swoosh", wish there were more opinionated reviews.

As one who only has breds, I can say quality on these is better, not as good as Lance mountains, but good. But for some reason the breds do something to me, that no other shoe does. They smell soooo good. But these are definitely a keeper.

In terms of quality, I'd rank the black and whites top three of the OG High series. The leather and liner on the royals is second to none. I loved the leather on the shadows as well with the Black/Whites coming in at a close second to them. The shadows lining puts it at number two for me specifically for the comfort

Followed by the Black/Reds after the black/whites. I understand there were high expectations but the quality of leather was nowhere near what I was hoping it'd be. I was disappointed when I first had them in hand but nonetheless a classic shoe. The black toes could have been done a lot better. I swear they slept through half production because the leather used on the upper was easily the worst of the OG high series. I had no problem selling my pair to a homie for under retail just because they felt off to me

In terms of quality, I'd rank the black and whites top three of the OG High series. The leather and liner on the royals is second to none. I loved the leather on the shadows as well with the Black/Whites coming in at a close second to them. The shadows lining puts it at number two for me specifically for the comfort

Followed by the Black/Reds after the black/whites. I understand there were high expectations but the quality of leather was nowhere near what I was hoping it'd be. I was disappointed when I first had them in hand but nonetheless a classic shoe. The black toes could have been done a lot better. I swear they slept through half production because the leather used on the upper was easily the worst of the OG high series. I had no problem selling my pair to a homie for under retail just because they felt off to me
Royal leather is second to black and white leather, its not even close. The same for Shadows and black and reds. You can debate royals vs shadows vs bred, but black and whites are obviously better. A blind feel test would be unanimous in favor of black and whites unless soft leather isn't your thing..

Last edited:
Based on the 2013 and up retros that I own I'd rank them as follows quality wise (leather):

Black/White, Royal, Shadow, Black/Red, Blacktoe, Black/Gum. Royal tongue/padding is best imo, and the Quality drops off drastically after the Royals.

that's why 5 were purchased on release day, timeless color matched with top JB quality leather, only a fool passed on these out of plain ignorance 

that's why 5 were purchased on release day, timeless color matched with top JB quality leather, only a fool passed on these out of plain ignorance 
cosign i got 5 as well on release day all i my size when i seen them sitting, and i still want more for some reason .
nthat.gif

I was so hype for volt command forces when these came out that I ended up passing on these. Had a chance to cop easy on the same day and I went with the commands. Knowing what I know now I do regret it but I guess I'll have to live without these, reluctantly.

I have all 4 and I would have to say that the B&W leather is way superior to any of the Royals / Shadows / Breds from 2013. When I got those home on RD and smelled the inside I could tell it was top notch quality without even touching the leather. I have a pair of frags coming in Friday and i'm curious to see how those match up to the b/w's. All this being said, the colorways of the royals / shadows / breds are better than the b/w's imo. All in all if anyone is thinking about grabbing a pair, go for it, you won't be disappointed. Make sure you get a DS pair though so you can smell it lol.

Not a secret this particular colorway has risen up in popularity, but I do suspect JB may have improved the quality and limited the supply on purpose thinking that there wouldn't be as much demand as for other colorways such as royals and breds.

I doubled up, and still would go after a 3rd pair if necessary...

As one who only has breds, I can say quality on these is better, not as good as Lance mountains, but good. But for some reason the breds do something to me, that no other shoe does. They smell soooo good. But these are definitely a keeper.
I feel you man, Royals and Black/Reds are my go to. Interesting about the leather being better on the Black/White.

Ya the leather on these is pretty much the same as on the Frags. I can also agree with the order of quality stated above. Hope JB re-does the black toes with the improved leather quality and a black tongue. Dreams are free I suppose

Ya the leather on these is pretty much the same as on the Frags. I can also agree with the order of quality stated above. Hope JB re-does the black toes with the improved leather quality and a black tongue. Dreams are free I suppose

Idk about that. I don't own frags but I do own the lasers and black/whites and leather on the lasers is way better than on black and whites. Are you saying lasers have better leather than frags.

I thought the laser was substandard. Maybe cause the brand new pair I saw at the store was dirty.

Back
Top Bottom