Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

Most people say that but I disagree. Although he’s the guy who made technical a big thing, and the biggest moneymaker, and the name most associate with skateboarding, I feel he never had the smooth style of a cab or hosoi. Style goes a long way, and the guys I mentioned always make it look easy.
He was just gawky and looked awkward with his height. McGill brought the mctwist, Hawk killed that, then took it to a new level in the pipe. Hosoi I saw skate pipe, crazy, cab too. Guys have zero fear.

All the original Dogtown and PP guys are legendary...Tony Hawk however is not GOAT...At least among most skaters who’ve been around since at least the 80’s...

Tony Hawk had two things going for him though...First he peaked at the exact same time that boarding started to explode into the mainstream...Second is he saw that opportunity and jumped at the chance to market himself to a wider audience during that time...

Ask Joe Schmo off the street who the greatest Skateboarder ever is and they’ll say Tony Hawk...Ask somebody who was there during that 1980’s time when skateboarding started to evolve, they’ll say either Hosoi or Cab...Say what you like but Tony Hawk didn’t have anywhere near the best style in the Bones crew, let alone in skateboarding as a whole...Legendary for sure...Greatest ever? naw...

You can break it down even further if you like...Throw guys like Mullen, Frosty, LM, Daewon, Jamie Thomas (etc...) in there...They’d all have an argument as to being on the same level as Tony Hawk...Bottom line is none of them get anywhere close to Hosoi or Cab...

Hosoi and Cab
don't forget Tony Alva or RIP Jay Adams

Hosoi would have been bigger then Tony Hawk had he not got locked up and fell into drugs real bad!!
in 95 (Prime Time of his career) he was on the run for 5 yrs only to be caught in 2000 with Meth and got locked up for 10yrs

Hosoi and Cab
don't forget Tony Alva or RIP Jay Adams

Hosoi would have been bigger then Tony Hawk had he not got locked up and fell into drugs real bad!!
in 95 (Prime Time of his career) he was on the run for 5 yrs only to be caught with Meth and got locked up for 10yrs

Exactly...Tony Hawk benefited from time and circumstance...

All the original Dogtown and PP guys are top tier though...

That 900. Gets into what is GOAT, greatest career or greatest peak? Same for Brady vs Montana vs peak Steve Young or ARod.

Muddies the waters when you start getting into move sets and whatnot...

900 changed the game for sure...Christ Air was equally groundbreaking for the sport almost a decade earlier...

I’m anxiously awaiting for my LA/Chi pair to get delivered Thursday from SNKRS. I’m trying to decide what lace color I’m going to go with...what color are you guys going to put in your pairs?

Hawk did 540s but never did the mctwist with so much style. He’s like a robot- always perfect but no style.

did i read Lakers Union? How did i miss that pic? Can anyone repost?

Bred/Laker "Union"

cd1123f2-ac03-4e84-9820-52a1b26bf4f7-jpeg.2344724

Most people say that but I disagree. Although he’s the guy who made technical a big thing, and the biggest moneymaker, and the name most associate with skateboarding, I feel he never had the smooth style of a cab or hosoi. Style goes a long way, and the guys I mentioned always make it look easy.

But Rodney and Daewon pioneered modern day street skating. I love Cab but Daewon is GOAT to me.

Since we’re on the subject...Put the best ever to the side for a minute...

Who’s your most overrated?

I’m putting Chad Muska right at the top...

I’m anxiously awaiting for my LA/Chi pair to get delivered Thursday from SNKRS. I’m trying to decide what lace color I’m going to go with...what color are you guys going to put in your pairs?

Dude posted a couple of pics with white laces
They are super clean
Probably gonna go with white

I would pull the trigger next weekend sat-sun
Price will drop a little bit
But after that price will only creep up slowly
I think a lot of folks will eventually double up on these cuz of the paint rub off and such

Back
Top Bottom